theacademic

Research on Sexuality in Football

4 hours ago, theacademic said:

Dear all,

I am involved in some university research that is looking at sexuality in football and I would appreciate a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts on this subject. The survey is anonymous and can be found here:

https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5d4gVVLc7wZUS57

Thanks in advance for your time.

I go to footy ,wife goes shopping and it's worked for 28 years :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

When a player puts on a Halifax Town shirt and comes out with the others onto The Shay, he is a Shayman, nothing more, nothing less. The majority of fans do not want to hear about what he gets up to anywhere else or in his private life.

The media sadly do, they are desperate for a top player to come out. 

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The media sadly do, they are desperate for a top player to come out. 

Well if the criteria is Top player .. then the media won’t be interested in us 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

The most popular sport in the world and yet the most backward when it comes to sexuality.

Football has nothing to do with sexuality.

I feel sorry for Phillip Scofield , he has just come out and now he has to go back in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/30/2020 at 8:28 AM, Shaytrev said:

Football has nothing to do with sexuality.

Football is played by human beings. Human beings are sexual beings. Football is played by sexual beings. 

I do agree that it doesn't matter if you're straight, gay or bi etc, all that matters is how well you play football. 

Time for footballers to come out in the open. Some have once they've retired but it's time for current players to follow suit. 

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Football is played by human beings. Human beings are sexual beings. Football is played by sexual beings. 

I do agree that it doesn't matter if you're straight, gay or bi etc, all that matters is how well you play football. 

Time for footballers to come out in the open. Some have once they've retired but it's time for current players to follow suit. 

Why?

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Why do they need to? I am not interested in Matty Browns sexuality, or, in fact anyone elses in any walk of life. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Players are judged on ability, not sexuality.

And so they should be trev! I was being facetious!

9 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Why do they need to? I am not interested in Matty Browns sexuality, or, in fact anyone elses in any walk of life. 

Why not? 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Because its irrelevant to my life 

But not to his. He might want to discuss his partner in an interview and he should be allowed to wihout fear of comment. 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

But not to his. He might want to discuss his partner in an interview and he should be allowed to wihout fear of comment. 

But no reason for this desperation for someone to come out. Its media driven so they can run some story digging up his past. Watching the Robbie Lyle programme last night about racism on the football terraces and on social media leads me to believe that a certain section of football fans wouldn't accept it. 

7 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

But no reason for this desperation for someone to come out. Its media driven so they can run some story digging up his past. Watching the Robbie Lyle programme last night about racism on the football terraces and on social media leads me to believe that a certain section of football fans wouldn't accept it. 

They wouldn't accept it and that's where the problem is. With people living in the past. 

What we need is a society that doesn't bat an eyelid at someone that is openly gay. To get to that stage we need people to come out and talk about it and that includes footballers. 

Then eventually there will be no homopbobia. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's too late. It's already there and it's been there since the dawn of time. 

That is not what I meant. When I go to The Shay I go to get away from everyday life, it was always an escape in the past, it should be kept that way.