Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Crazy numbers being discussed

1 hour ago, Che Bentos said:

Thanks. We've been put on a rota enabling me to work from home alternative weeks. It's my partner I'm more worried about. She's a front line carer and they are giving her more and more hours as other staff call in sick. Our sports radio show was cancelled yesterday. A shame as I'd done two hours prep prior to Boris' announcement last night. What will our listener do now? 

My daughter is a front line worker and is worried sick, it seems she is going on a course Monday of how to deal with people who have got the virus, been a shortage of equipment etc and just a tatty gown not the full one which covers your full body. she is going to refuse unless they give her the same as nurses get and that's not mentioning the different in pay, really worried.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Redcard said:

Time to cancel this season and put football finances in order. It should be part time football at our level, perhaps with wages capped at £200 per week and admission capped at £10. Then all clubs are on a level footing and success is not governed by rich clubs throwing money at players forcing poorer clubs to overspend.

Dont you think clubs would find a way round it? Back to the days of brown envelopes. 

in a month or so Play the remaining games behind closed doors .. every game streamed on to the net with players and officials being regularly tested to make sure they are clear or the virus apart and from manager and back room staff no other people including directors etc banned from attending 

clubs could charge a few quid to watch .. season ticket holders free 

might not be ideal .. but it could be made to work with very little risk if properly planned 

3 hours ago, Redcard said:

Time to cancel this season and put football finances in order. It should be part time football at our level, perhaps with wages capped at £200 per week and admission capped at £10. Then all clubs are on a level footing and success is not governed by rich clubs throwing money at players forcing poorer clubs to overspend.

£200 per week?! I don't see a solution to the issue of football finances being to turn the National League back to the stone ages. If we artificially reduce the level of the division to the point that is worse than the glue leagues I for one wouldn't be interested in continuing to watch. What would be the point?

On 3/16/2020 at 8:23 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

Void it and start all over again as and when (only other option is to do a double season)

Think a double season to include this seasons results is best. 

I bet the Shay is looking great now?? 

Pictures please

10 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Wage capping is a good idea. Players would be forced to accept this if they aren't good enough to play at a higher level otherwise they don't play. The problem is that eventually clubs would find a way around the wage cap by offering other incentives like signing on fees, club car, accommodation, bonuses and the like so then it no longer becomes the level playing field.

They would probably go back to the brown envelopes in boots that have been used in a few sports over the years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, townmad said:

They would probably go back to the brown envelopes in boots that have been used in a few sports over the years.

Or as they did in Rugby Union before it went professional find you a day job at some rich supporters firm, so they could pay you more, but they never did any real work other than PR stuff.

• Like 1