Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Crazy numbers being discussed

There are some numbers being chucked about how much the shut down will cost football at all levels... 

saw one that the national league would need 20 million .. crazy 

most clubs have about 5 home games left to play 

for us that probably like 5x 1000 x20 

which is 100,000 pounds before games day expenses and taxes ... which means 

we are less than 80,000 off budget .. with small clubs short far being less and a few bigger clubs missing more. 

think there needs to be a bit of a reality check amongst clubs in the lower leagues 

now I don’t pretend it’s not important .,but some clubs need to get real 

nick 

Edited by Nick

Think we have 3 home games left. And we have to pay players even though there is no income. And who knows when and if the season will start again. We'll be struggling, just like many others. And national league is 72 clubs

I reckon the three remaining home games might have seen above average crowds - Wrexham & Barrow- if we were still pushing for a play off place plus imo we have potentially missed out on 250+ corporate and match day sponsors. Programme sales, 50/50 draw etc all mount up to significant lost revenue.

Then with 3 home game ..out budget short fall is even less ... 

the point is if clubs need help ..which some/all will then they need to honest about the numbers ...  or they will get nothing 

5 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Season ticket holders have already paid for those three games. They can keep mine, I do not want a rebate. How about you?

What would be good is when the season eventually starts again, if it does. Season ticket holders pay at the turnstile rather than use their season tickets, obviously if they can afford to? 

• Like 1

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

What would be good is when the season eventually starts again, if it does. Season ticket holders pay at the turnstile rather than use their season tickets, obviously if they can afford to? 

I cannot see this season starting again to be honest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

No chance of restarting. Be lucky if next season gets off on time.

• Like 1

Swings and roundabouts, potential income we've lost from home games v potential overheads we've saved on away games . Think of all those goal bonuses that we are saving

18 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Swings and roundabouts, potential income we've lost from home games v potential overheads we've saved on away games . Think of all those goal bonuses that we are saving

The opposition from paying out;)

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Season ticket holders have already paid for those three games. They can keep mine, I do not want a rebate. How about you?

I'm on your bus Trev, every little helps keep mine.

• Like 1

As I was the only person to buy the super saver 6 push for promotion offer, then I am happy for the club to keep mine (£54) if it helps.

The biggest loss would potentially be the Barrow game, especially as it was on Good Friday, so probably the biggest gate for the season, especially if they still have Harrogate breathing down their necks. The best gates this season and last have both been on BH weekends.

Edited by ITMAN

15 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

No chance of restarting. Be lucky if next season gets off on time.

Sadly, I agree. I'm afraid football is not important right now. I don't want a rebate on my season ticket either. Good luck to all the fans out there who, like me, are heading off to work this morning. Stay safe. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Sadly, I agree. I'm afraid football is not important right now. I don't want a rebate on my season ticket either. Good luck to all the fans out there who, like me, are heading off to work this morning. Stay safe. 

Stay safe Che.

• Like 1

It must be a possibility If this problem takes months to run its course that presumably we could end up finishing the remaining 2019/20  games next March and it will be the 2020/21 season that gets cancelled.

17 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Totally agree the importance thing is The Shaymen survive.
Not only can they keep my season ticket money but I have also sold all my raffle tickets and as I’m able to, made a small donation to the club via the supporters club.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:50 AM, Steve Lanzarote said:

Stay safe Che.

Thanks. We've been put on a rota enabling me to work from home alternative weeks. It's my partner I'm more worried about. She's a front line carer and they are giving her more and more hours as other staff call in sick. Our sports radio show was cancelled yesterday. A shame as I'd done two hours prep prior to Boris' announcement last night. What will our listener do now? 

Time to cancel this season and put football finances in order. It should be part time football at our level, perhaps with wages capped at £200 per week and admission capped at £10. Then all clubs are on a level footing and success is not governed by rich clubs throwing money at players forcing poorer clubs to overspend.

30 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Time to cancel this season and put football finances in order. It should be part time football at our level, perhaps with wages capped at £200 per week and admission capped at £10. Then all clubs are on a level footing and success is not governed by rich clubs throwing money at players forcing poorer clubs to overspend.

Steady on Redcard far too sensible. Hard to get your players for 200 though.

Wage capping is a good idea. Players would be forced to accept this if they aren't good enough to play at a higher level otherwise they don't play. The problem is that eventually clubs would find a way around the wage cap by offering other incentives like signing on fees, club car, accommodation, bonuses and the like so then it no longer becomes the level playing field.