Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Lazarou

National League meeting

39 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Ooh, sell your soul for a 3 course meal and a free program. You will be wanting free parking thrown in as well:D

Tbh I don't really want a free lunch but it always seems to be the answer whatever the problem . Can't fulfill a three year season ticket and the promised East Stand isn't built - give 'em a free meal . Charged too much for the season ticket and ashamed - give 'em a free meal 

17 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Tbh I don't really want a free lunch but it always seems to be the answer whatever the problem . Can't fulfill a three year season ticket and the promised East Stand isn't built - give 'em a free meal . Charged too much for the season ticket and ashamed - give 'em a free meal 

It will be interesting to see if they stay true to form or come up with something more innovative this time.

I don´t think anyone will require their refund, as soon as the league make their decision get the new season ticket offered on an early bird price same as last season and sell the 1500 required by Mr B.

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I don´t think anyone will require their refund, as soon as the league make their decision get the new season ticket offered on an early bird price same as last season and sell the 1500 required by Mr B.

I cant see a rush for season ticket sales until this virus has gone and things have returned to normal because nobody has any idea when a new season will start. 

Results at Steps 3-6 of the non league system have been expunged/wiped. All records wiped. No relegation from Step 2 so BPA stay up despite a shocker of a season. No promotion or relegation at Step 3-6, and no promotion for Step 7 sides.

Absolutely not laughing. The COVID crisis is absolutely terrible, but at least some minute good has come from it with Tamworth being denied promotion.

• Like 1

Any positives to this decision other than Tamuff staying down?

It’s the most logically consistent with things like individual clubs being expunged from league tables, but it still sucks.

16 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

It’s the most logically consistent with things like individual clubs being expunged from league tables, but it still sucks.

Why can't you call teams by their proper name? 

Edited by ashy1966
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Why can't you call teams by there proper name? 

Being from that area for 27 years of my life, playing against them year in, year out, he sort of has.

Even the locals of Tamworth call themselves 'Tamuff', just like folk from Bedworth call their club and town 'Beduff'.

If you said ''I'm off to Tam-worth for a bit'', people would probably wonder what such a toff was on about.

Edited by mj85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

As far as the record books are concerned, Nuneaton have never lost 3-0 at home to Kings Langley or been dicked away at Biggleswade.

Just now, mj85 said:

As far as the record books are concerned, Nuneaton have never lost 3-0 at home to Kings Langley or been dicked away at Biggleswade.

Likewise, my first thoughts went to “I’d be OK with us never having been dicked 0–5 at Bromley”.

Some Herculean efforts lost in that decision. It’s been great watching Workington play now and again, the last time in a biting storm, seeing out games to a better standard than what we had at that level. Big smiles after each match, now all fallen in a lost season.

If/when it happens with Town, we’ll have lost some extraordinary achievements this season, and a great chance with the league being so tight. Make no mistake.

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Vauxhall Motors had already won their league and they have to accept the decision

Very harsh on them and Jersey Bulls who were already mathematically promoted. Wonder if some sort of agreement will be made

9 hours ago, chadders said:

Do they use jumpers for goal posts.

no but they play in the park

On 3/26/2020 at 4:09 PM, mj85 said:

Being from that area for 27 years of my life, playing against them year in, year out, he sort of has.

Even the locals of Tamworth call themselves 'Tamuff', just like folk from Bedworth call their club and town 'Beduff'.

If you said ''I'm off to Tam-worth for a bit'', people would probably wonder what such a toff was on about.

I used to work with a bloke who said he was from what sounded like "Slawit" which to me and you is Slaithwaite.

2 hours ago, monk said:

I used to work with a bloke who said he was from what sounded like "Slawit" which to me and you is Slaithwaite.

Slawit is the correct pronunciation 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Slawit is the correct pronunciation 

Is it? , Whenever I have heard it mentioned , which isn't very often Its pronounced as you read it which isn't Slowit , I just thought it's a Yorkshire thing where we shorten the words like nothing to nowt .

I will take your word for it but I did think it was pronounced Slafe Wait.

2 minutes ago, monk said:

Is it? , Whenever I have heard it mentioned , which isn't very often Its pronounced as you read it which isn't Slowit , I just thought it's a Yorkshire thing where we shorten the words like nothing to nowt .

I will take your word for it but I did think it was pronounced Slafe Wait.

I had a mate from there and he said Slowit.

• Like 1

“Slough-it” is definitely the only way I’ve ever heard it pronounced from having played many cricket matches there over the years, my Dad having worked there also for a time.

Edited by greg45