Sign in to follow this  
Papa Lazarou

National League meeting

31 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Next Tuesday to discuss how to conclude the 2019/20 season.

Maybe I'm going overboard and over thinking it all but I can see lawyers getting involved. 

If they want games behind closed doors then I think some players would get nervous about sharing a coach. Would those who arent bothered sign disclaimers so the club or league can't be sued incase owt bad happens? 

Would players be asked to make their own way there and some would refuse to play in the first place. 

Then you've got contracts that are up at the end of next month for many. 

I'd null and void it. Health comes first. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Maybe I'm going overboard and over thinking it all but I can see lawyers getting involved. 

If they want games behind closed doors then I think some players would get nervous about sharing a coach. Would those who arent bothered sign disclaimers so the club or league can't be sued incase owt bad happens? 

Would players be asked to make their own way there and some would refuse to play in the first place. 

Then you've got contracts that are up at the end of next month for many. 

I'd null and void it. Health comes first. 

If this continues through into July which it's looking like it will then this season either has to be null and void or all the leagues could call a halt to the season now and wherever you've finished up to this point stands. I have a feeling they'll do the former rather than the latter. 

If all matches can’t be completed in a league programme then surely the league season can’t be completed and will be null and void as in 1939/1940. 

We start again in August as if 2019-2020 never happened.

1 minute ago, Riders of Rohan said:

If all matches can’t be completed in a league programme then surely the league season can’t be completed and will be null and void as in 1939/1940. 

I think that will be the case. 

Every club across Europe is in the same situation. So, when all the relevant FA's give the go ahead to carry on then an easy way around this is to not cancel this season but to write off next season. Complete all of the fixtures, not just here but right across the world. Get every team back on an even footing and start from scratch all over again. All the various promotions and relegations can be played out in a controlled manner rather than rushing them through. All the Euro qualifiers will be in place ready to start at the relevant times. It would also give all the international teams good preparation time for the pushed back Euro Championships, all the major players would hopefully be fit and it could be a really great tournament. Then a clean break ready for the new season to start with virtually all fresh injury free players.

Finish the season in July/August. Players will be training at home, some premier league teams are still training and having behind closed doors friendlies. No need for a 6 week off season and next season can start in September. No domestic cups apart from the FA Cup and no replays from qualifying onwards. This means less fixtures and then next season will finish on time. Simples.

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

Finish the season in July/August. Players will be training at home, some premier league teams are still training and having behind closed doors friendlies. No need for a 6 week off season and next season can start in September. No domestic cups apart from the FA Cup and no replays from qualifying onwards. This means less fixtures and then next season will finish on time. Simples.

Who's paying the players wages for them to do nothing until July /August with no income streams? Or do we just use the handful of players contracted beyond April plus U19s? Its far from simple imo and i think they'll probably void the season below the FL.

It all depends how long this goes on for , until a light appears at the end of this tunnel then it's pointless even discussing it .

They are saying 12 weeks before it starts to look any better , that's late June so it will be weeks after that before there is any chance of any football being played , we are looking at the earliest August which is when the 20/21 season starts so null/void is looking the only option .

I don't what you can say to everyone at Liverpool FC if they are denied the league title , it will be heartbreaking for everyone there but it will be the same for every other club who are having a good season .

It's just a game and saving lives is far more important , that's how you have to look at this.

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

Who's paying the players wages for them to do nothing until July /August with no income streams? Or do we just use the handful of players contracted beyond April plus U19s? Its far from simple imo and i think they'll probably void the season below the FL.

Clubs should be speaking to players asking them to sign a contract until the season completes. After all, every club is in the same boat. No income streams now but a shed load in June/July/August when games complete and season tickets are on sale.

Or...launch season tickets now to help the income during these next couple of months. If we stay in this league, it’s 46 matches same as if we get promoted. Early bird offer for the next 4 weeks and get some income in.

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Clubs should be speaking to players asking them to sign a contract until the season completes. After all, every club is in the same boat. No income streams now but a shed load in June/July/August when games complete and season tickets are on sale.

Or...launch season tickets now to help the income during these next couple of months. If we stay in this league, it’s 46 matches same as if we get promoted. Early bird offer for the next 4 weeks and get some income in.

I don't think any club will put out season ticket offers until they have more information of an end to this , nice idea to help out with finances but I am sure if any club announces its on the verge of packing up financial help will be given .

19 minutes ago, monk said:

It all depends how long this goes on for , until a light appears at the end of this tunnel then it's pointless even discussing it .

They are saying 12 weeks before it starts to look any better , that's late June so it will be weeks after that before there is any chance of any football being played , we are looking at the earliest August which is when the 20/21 season starts so null/void is looking the only option .

I don't what you can say to everyone at Liverpool FC if they are denied the league title , it will be heartbreaking for everyone there but it will be the same for every other club who are having a good season .

It's just a game and saving lives is far more important , that's how you have to look at this.

It's far more likely that 20 / 21 will be the season that is impacted rather than 19/20.

As noted above I expect the EFL cup and the Autowindscreens / checkatrade ( or whatever it is called now) cup to go. The FA Cup will be finish on the day, there will be no Nations League and UCL & UEL will probably go to single legs for the knockout games. 

That said it would be piss funny for the bin dippers to be denied the one thing they crave more than any other!!

Football wise this could all be quite positive. Hopefully all the pointless competitions like the Nations League, JPT, all national friendlies, league cup, west riding cup, etc etc etc can all get chucked under a bus.

Imagine the legal ramifications if they just void the season. I dont expect anyone will just take it quietly nor would I expect them to. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Football wise this could all be quite positive. Hopefully all the pointless competitions like the Nations League, JPT, all national friendlies, league cup, west riding cup, etc etc etc can all get chucked under a bus.

I actually enjoyed the Nations League. Much better than friendly games. I'm with you on the JPT.

The EFL cup serves a useful purpose because it is often the testing ground for young players   Paul Scholes got his 1st start in it for example.

57 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Imagine the legal ramifications if they just void the season. I dont expect anyone will just take it quietly nor would I expect them to. 

What legal action could be taken ? 

If it comes to that and by law the season must be completed then the 20/21 season will be null/Void .

If by September it's ok to start again we have lost March , April , May , ..... A mini season September , October , November , then start season 21/22 in August as normal and  try and squeeze another mini season 20/21 with no cup competitions just say half a season lasting 5 months including play offs , February to June , better weather so no games postponed it's doable .

Another option for us is North/South split in our league, 12 teams in each league , play home and away , bigger crowds , less travelling so could play games closer together , winner of each league goes up no play offs , a trial for regionalised league see if it increases average attendances , half season season tickets .

Edited by monk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

At least the Halesowen result would get wiped out

• Like 3

3 hours ago, monk said:

Another option for us is North/South split in our league, 12 teams in each league , play home and away , bigger crowds , less travelling so could play games closer together , winner of each league goes up no play offs , a trial for regionalised league see if it increases average attendances , half season season tickets .

I like that idea. Finish this season when we can, then half a season of north/south leagues.

5 hours ago, monk said:

What legal action could be taken ? 

If it comes to that and by law the season must be completed then the 20/21 season will be null/Void .

If by September it's ok to start again we have lost March , April , May , ..... A mini season September , October , November , then start season 21/22 in August as normal and  try and squeeze another mini season 20/21 with no cup competitions just say half a season lasting 5 months including play offs , February to June , better weather so no games postponed it's doable .

I highly doubt if you tell teams in strong positions up and down the line that naa last 7 months was pointless. There going to say yeah that's fine Jack. We didn't want that hundreds of thousands of pounds anyway. 

You think Liverpool would just accept it no questions asked? 

You think Leeds would just accept it no questions asked? 

Barrow they just going to accept it? 

I highly highly doubt it 

The season needs to be finished (all leagues) as and when possible.  I realise that will have an impact on next season and there will likely have to be a different arrangement of fixtures but everyone will know what they have to to be promoted/avoid relegation before a ball is kicked.  If the FA try to void this season some of the richer clubs will take legal action and if they get a result then some from the lower leagues will follow suit

It's not too bad for teams like us as we only have 9 games to go, but tems like Man City have 19 to complete when you count in the Champions League etc.

It is possible for a league such as the National League to restart in say June and have the games out of the way in July. Short pre-season and go again in September. Although if you have played across JUne/July would you need a pre-season even?

Just now, ITMAN said:

It's not too bad for teams like us as we only have 9 games to go, but tems like Man City have 19 to complete when you count in the Champions League etc.

It is possible for a league such as the National League to restart in say June and have the games out of the way in July. Short pre-season and go again in September. Although if you have played across JUne/July would you need a pre-season even?

Social distancing could last for the rest of the year and beyond. 

It's looking like the 3 month prediction will be way off. 

The sooner we lockdown the better. 

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Big question, would you start the remainder of this season with new players recruited or keep the same team. Personally I don´t feel that this virus will be out of the way by then.

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Social distancing could last for the rest of the year and beyond. 

It's looking like the 3 month prediction will be way off. 

The sooner we lockdown the better. 

Erik, that may well be the case but for the benefit of the hypothetical scenarios we are all trying to assess we have to have a baseline to work from. At present this is dictated by the information provided by the football authorities. I appreciate that we may all be blowing smoke up our own backsides doing this but at least it gives us something different to think about. 

• Like 1