Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Lanzarote

Pete Wild.

Recommended Posts

He must now be thinking in terms of who he wants to keep and who he wants to sign to build his squad for next season so no excuses he has all the thinking time he should need, should the league stay as it is we have nothing to fear as has been proven this season. After the extra long lay off (if next season even gets under way) all players will be raring to get going and there will be lots of unemployed players from leagues above as clubs will be going under or at least streamlining their playing staff. Will it even still be L1,L2 & National who knows as has been stated may be time to turn the clock back and go L2 North & South, but then that makes too much sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

 Will it even still be L1,L2 & National who knows as has been stated may be time to turn the clock back and go L2 North & South, but then that makes too much sense.

but it was 3rd divn north and south, which in effect is L1 and L2. so never included non league. EFL would in effect need to approve an extra division which they won't since they would have to share money with another 24 clubs and they are never going to vote for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He must now be thinking in terms of who he wants to keep and who he wants to sign to build his squad for next season so no excuses he has all the thinking time he should need, should the league stay as it is we have nothing to fear as has been proven this season. After the extra long lay off (if next season even gets under way) all players will be raring to get going and there will be lots of unemployed players from leagues above as clubs will be going under or at least streamlining their playing staff. Will it even still be L1,L2 & National who knows as has been stated may be time to turn the clock back and go L2 North & South, but then that makes too much sense.

Correct. Should also know where we need to strengthen and who to keep and get rid of. A good 6/7 players I’d get rid of 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steve lumb said:

but it was 3rd divn north and south, which in effect is L1 and L2. so never included non league. EFL would in effect need to approve an extra division which they won't since they would have to share money with another 24 clubs and they are never going to vote for that

Yes it was but it makes far more sense than having small clubs like Halifax travelling nation wide plus how many clubs will now be in serious trouble, the landscape of football will probably change for ever and probably better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Yes it was but it makes far more sense than having small clubs like Halifax travelling nation wide plus how many clubs will now be in serious trouble, the landscape of football will probably change for ever and probably better.

Absolutely spot on when you said the landscape has changed Steve. 

All the respective leagues should now be looking at the bigger picture and especially our league and the two above. 

I personally think that League one is OK. But we need to be looking at a North and south league for our league and League 2. It will make a massive impact on clubs ability to stay afloat and be competitive. OK, it will mean managers jobs tough competing with clubs like Bradford but the extra income will help to offset playing against teams with plus 10000 home gates. 

This is the time for all concerned to have a rethink on how our leagues are run. 

It's for the good of the game all round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure he will know the dead wood by now as he didn’t sign over half this team. He’s had a good look at what the National League is about and what’s needed to get out of it.

It will all depend on his budget, what league we are in ( not often we get to say that at this time of year without looking over our shoulder) and what impact the next few weeks has on the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ash said:

I’m pretty sure he will know the dead wood by now as he didn’t sign over half this team. He’s had a good look at what the National League is about and what’s needed to get out of it.

It will all depend on his budget, what league we are in ( not often we get to say that at this time of year without looking over our shoulder) and what impact the next few weeks has on the club.

I believe our club will survive but there are those that will not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I believe our club will survive but there are those that will not.

Certainly some are in serious trouble not because of the virus but their serious overspending in the gamble that is promotion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Correct. Should also know where we need to strengthen and who to keep and get rid of. A good 6/7 players I’d get rid of 

Do not disagree TJ but who are the ones you would get rid of besides TSS are Brown, Hanson Earing and Allen already on contracts for next season. In what will be a financial straightjacket for the clubs which survive regionalised football should be a must for League 2 and below

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ash said:

I’m pretty sure he will know the dead wood by now as he didn’t sign over half this team. He’s had a good look at what the National League is about and what’s needed to get out of it.

It will all depend on his budget, what league we are in ( not often we get to say that at this time of year without looking over our shoulder) and what impact the next few weeks has on the club.

Not a cat in hells chance of promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Atkins said:

Do not disagree TJ but who are the ones you would get rid of besides TSS are Brown, Hanson Earing and Allen already on contracts for next season. In what will be a financial straightjacket for the clubs which survive regionalised football should be a must for League 2 and below

Hanson and earring have to be put up onto the transfer list as they’re not good enough. 

TSS is obviously included but here’s the players I would get rid of, 

TSS

Binnom Williams 

Hanson

Earing

Nolan

Cooper 

Danny Williams ( maybe ) 

Josh MacDonald 

Nathan Clarke ( Too slow now however I would like to see him still involved somehow ) 

So actually more than 6/7. Can’t see it happening but that’s what I’d like to see. I’m really positive that wild will give us a good season next and create a good team. Looking forward too it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Hanson and earring have to be put up onto the transfer list as they’re not good enough. 

TSS is obviously included but here’s the players I would get rid of, 

TSS

Binnom Williams 

Hanson

Earing

Nolan

Cooper 

Danny Williams ( maybe ) 

Josh MacDonald 

Nathan Clarke ( Too slow now however I would like to see him still involved somehow ) 

So actually more than 6/7. Can’t see it happening but that’s what I’d like to see. I’m really positive that wild will give us a good season next and create a good team. Looking forward too it. 

I cant see how we have sign enough of Earing to make a call. He's contracted for next season so I expect he will still be around, isn't he more of a number 10? If so. I'd be surprised if Cam King is still with us next year. So there is an opening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Hanson and earring have to be put up onto the transfer list as they’re not good enough. 

TSS is obviously included but here’s the players I would get rid of, 

TSS

Binnom Williams 

Hanson

Earing

Nolan

Cooper 

Danny Williams ( maybe ) 

Josh MacDonald 

Nathan Clarke ( Too slow now however I would like to see him still involved somehow ) 

So actually more than 6/7. Can’t see it happening but that’s what I’d like to see. I’m really positive that wild will give us a good season next and create a good team. Looking forward too it. 

A bit harsh on Clarke who is playing and leading better on the field than Browny. In your list I would swap Cooper for Jeff King (Opposition have sussed him out and just try and wind him up so he gets booked)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next season is very much up in the air. I have a feeling when next season eventually starts the league may be a very different league to what we have now. Yes we will have clubs that are being bankrolled, but I suspect there will be more clubs cutting their cloth, wouldn't be surprised to see more clubs return to part time for the short term 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Hanson and earring have to be put up onto the transfer list as they’re not good enough. 

TSS is obviously included but here’s the players I would get rid of, 

TSS

Binnom Williams 

Hanson

Earing

Nolan

Cooper 

Danny Williams ( maybe ) 

Josh MacDonald 

Nathan Clarke ( Too slow now however I would like to see him still involved somehow ) 

So actually more than 6/7. Can’t see it happening but that’s what I’d like to see. I’m really positive that wild will give us a good season next and create a good team. Looking forward too it. 

Hanson not good enough???? I’d disagree and say he is unfortunate that Duckworth was our POTY up until being injured. Obviously PW rates King as a better RWB (I don’t personally think so) so maybe he is moved on as he is out of favour with the current manager but he is good enough for this level as he’s shown us before. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Pre season next season will be crazier than pre season this season

Can’t see it personally 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Can’t see it personally 

There will always be a pre-season, just as there is a run up to Christmas....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Jesus never got the flu :lol:

We don't know that - he was never tested

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the draconian quarantine process in force in Israel at present I would have thought he would be self isolation for at least 40 days and nights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...