Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Wheel

Shay Shut Down

16 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'd have to check but I think GSK are now French American but may have moved even further afield

GlaxoSmithkline is a British company.

19 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

The Acca has decided to shutake down temporarily. 

I don't want people losing their job but if this virus finally sees the death of that eyesore then I'll be happy tbh. The place needs bulldozing because it looks scruffy, it's a drain on Saturday night resources, the amount that of chewing gum on the pavement the outside is unsightly. 

But let’s be honest, You might want it shutting but it’s where most of the younger generation head before going to either Maggies or Atik. 

I was in there on Saturday for the first time in a long while as the bouncers are utter arseholes and it was just filled with 16/17 years olds. So having been in Saturday It wasn’t even that bad if I’m honest, full of younger people obviously but some of the older generation too all having a laugh etc so for me it doesn’t deserve to be shutdown completely. 

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

But let’s be honest, You might want it shutting but it’s where most of the younger generation head before going to either Maggies or Atik. 

I was in there on Saturday for the first time in a long while as the bouncers are utter arseholes and it was just filled with 16/17 years olds. So having been in Saturday It wasn’t even that bad if I’m honest, full of younger people obviously but some of the older generation too all having a laugh etc so for me it doesn’t deserve to be shutdown completely. 

I've only even been in once and that was enough. 

16 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Agree, it's the one club in town where all ages can go and not feel uncomfortable (the bouncers are wankers but it's the same at all clubs . They are saints compared with those at Leeds in the 90s)

54 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

The Acca has decided to shutake down temporarily. 

I don't want people losing their job but if this virus finally sees the death of that eyesore then I'll be happy tbh. The place needs bulldozing because it looks scruffy, it's a drain on Saturday night resources, the amount that of chewing gum on the pavement the outside is unsightly. 

Only after this weekend will it close! So as much of the virus as possible can be passed round Thursday, Friday & Saturday 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Only after this weekend will it close! So as much of the virus as possible can be passed round Thursday, Friday & Saturday 

It'll be full of panic buyers. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I'm all for having fun and a good night out. I just think the exterior is an absolute disgusting eyesore and it needs sorting out, along with all the chewing gum stuck to the floor. I wouldn't renew their licence until it got sorted. 

36 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I'm all for having fun and a good night out. I just think the exterior is an absolute disgusting eyesore and it needs sorting out, along with all the chewing gum stuck to the floor. I wouldn't renew their licence until it got sorted. 

Do they own the building ? Calderdale MBC is responsible for the pavement

2 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

That’s the oldest nightclub in the country I’ll have you know.

If it hangs on for another six months it’ll be a UNESCO World Heritage site.

I met my wife there, feels like about 100 years ago. Expecting a UNESCO award next week.

4 hours ago, Norm said:

What are you basing that comment on Bill ?

Pharmaceutical R&D and production is one of the few areas where we still maintain a presence. I accept that the vaccine isn't ready to be produced yet, however, there is no evidence to suggest that we couldn't produce one here if we had the opportunity.

Norm

I believe we have two facilities for manufacturing vaccines but they have not the capacity to deal with a pandemic. We are currently building a state of the arch research/development and manufacturing plant in Oxford it will be ready in 2022

27 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I met my wife there, feels like about 100 years ago. Expecting a UNESCO award next week.

They gave it Halifax Gordon in the end.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2020 at 7:41 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

How do we lockdown all the schoolkids that will be on free roam from next week ?

Close the Acca 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Some companies aren’t even looking at vaccines because by the time all the testing has been done, Coronavirus won’t be as prevalent as It is now and therefore it is not worth looking at in terms of a business model because there’s no money in it.

Calderdale Hospital currently has 5 people being treated in the dedicated ward all with underlying health issues. Let’s hope they make a full recovery. The main staff shortages aren’t due to people being overwhelmed by patients but by staff who are at home self isolating. The key issue they are facing is people walking in to the hospital with the symptoms who aren’t at risk of any serious implications. They are sent home to isolate but in turn have been in the hospital and could give more fragile patients already in there the virus.

I see how this morgue thing might be needed . It's not so much because larger numbers of people might be dying but because it might be impractical to hold funerals for a period of time

16 hours ago, Ash said:

Some companies aren’t even looking at vaccines because by the time all the testing has been done, Coronavirus won’t be as prevalent as It is now and therefore it is not worth looking at in terms of a business model because there’s no money in it.

Calderdale Hospital currently has 5 people being treated in the dedicated ward all with underlying health issues. Let’s hope they make a full recovery. The main staff shortages aren’t due to people being overwhelmed by patients but by staff who are at home self isolating. The key issue they are facing is people walking in to the hospital with the symptoms who aren’t at risk of any serious implications. They are sent home to isolate but in turn have been in the hospital and could give more fragile patients already in there the virus.

It really does feck me off when they do that. How many times do they have to be told not to go to hospitals or your GP?

Stupid and selfish people.