Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Wheel

Shay Shut Down

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Probably 5 months 

Maybe longer given the news I heard regarding potential plans for The Shay during the current virus!!!! 

I assume Calderdale Council will be allowing both Town and Fax  off paying their rent in this period. 

If we have no sport during this period its one less bill at the least. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Maybe longer given the news I heard regarding potential plans for The Shay during the current virus!!!! 

??? Explain

50 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Which was?

I see Ozzy was verti-draining the pitch yesterday (or the day before), so it looks like no time was wasted in working on the pitch. 

A prolonged period with neither side using the pitch may just be what is needed to help it recover. The concern is what state both clubs will be in finance wise the next time as ball is kicked/thrown - and on a non sport and more important pov, how many fans we may sadly lose.

A temporary morgue for the few that will die in Calderdale who already has underlying health issues. It won’t be needed and there will matches back there by the time that 3 months is up.

Why does everyone seem to think we are all going to die? Media hysteria of the highest order it really is. At its current rate it will take 2000 years for the so called 200,000 to die!

30 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Exactly that! It sent a massive shiver down my spine when I was told 

They always have to plan for the worst case scenario. 

I very much doubt that this disease will kill that amount of people. Well, I certainly hope not. 

As long as we all follow the measures that have been implemented by the government we should see a marked improvement by May/June. 

I've just been watching the daily press conference by Boris and they're working on a test to see if you've already had the virus and beat it. If you have then it's obviously safe for you to work and go about your life. Great news if you're a doctor or a nurse or a carer. 

March and especially April will be tough but I tnink May or maybe June will see us start to come out of it. I

10 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

They always have to plan for the worst case scenario. 

I know and was told worse case scenario, but it still doesnt make it a great thought 

• Like 1

I've been using this website https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries for the past few weeks, which tracks the REPORTED cases and deaths of the virus. 

What is interesting to note is the increase in deaths that Spain, Italy,  USA, Germany, The UK and Iran have had in the past week or so. They are now the "main" areas where the virus is growing.

However, two weeks ago, it was South Korea, China and Japan that had the big spikes of deaths. Those three countries, whilst still seeing deaths, have seen the numbers drastically fall in the last week. I don't trust the Chinese figures in being 100% accurate in truth, however they have gone from reporting 300/400+ deaths a day down to 10/15. 

I fear things are going to get worse in the next couple of weeks for us here, however hopefully the trend that it then slows down which has happened with the countries that were contagious first, will come in to play here. 

I think we need to take this threat seriously, however we should also not scaremonger and panic. I heard someone saying if the UK managed to survive with 20,000 deaths we are doing well. At the moment, even with Italy sadly hitting hundreds of deaths each day, we are not even half way to that number WORLD WIDE. 

Hopefully in 2/3 weeks we will see that we are in the same boat as Korea, China, Japan etc... where the numbers start to slow. I'm just wishing this virus goes a bit like ebola where it kills itself off after about 5/6 weeks and becomes less lethal. 

Sadly it looks like we are going to see more deaths and probably a fair few of them, however I'm holding out hope that the numbers being quoted to date are simply scaremongering and not realistic. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ash said:

A temporary morgue for the few that will die in Calderdale who already has underlying health issues. 

That's ok then, it drives me crazy this underlying health issues as though those people dont matter. 

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

That's ok then, it drives me crazy this underlying health issues as though those people dont matter. 

I went through the entire list and I've got a good 3 or 4 things that make me a real risk. 

But I'm trying to stay away from folk best I can but I do need to do shopping etc. 

Not ideal but if we can control the current spike and decrease it then we should be OK. Its important to keep the measures in place until we know its beaten. Better to look back and think we did too much than not enough. 

At the end of the day of it keeps a parent or grand/great grand parent alive and well for years to come it's all worth it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Seems strange that these people with underlying issues that should be avoiding it like the plague seem to be hitting it head on

The concern I have is not for me, but for someone I live with, who has an underlying health issue. 

It is more than likely in the next few days they will have to have the 12 week self isolation thing for their safety, however I am still expected to go out to work and carry on as normal. I could very easily end up being a carrier and whilst being OK myself make someone else seriously ill or even worse. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Not that lives don’t matter but perspective in the common flu may have caused the same fate.

• Like 2

The only way to stop it spreading is a lockdown of the country. Only going out for necessary stuff. They bang on about trying to stop it spreading but that’s the only way. 

At first I thought it’s a huge over reaction but with how fast it’s spreading and the increase in deaths/cases over the last week or so suggests to me it’s something major. 

To have schools closing is a major decision as atleast half the country will need to look after them kids. The next decision has to be a lockdown of the country for atleast 3 weeks to make any attempt to stop it spreading. 

• Like 1