4 minutes ago, Twisted Wheel said:

And so it begins.

They've put all non-playing staff on notice of redundancy.

Prepared to lose £100k a month to try gain promotion. 

8 minutes ago, Twisted Wheel said:

And so it begins.

They've put all non-playing staff on notice of redundancy.

We've had many of them on the pitch in the last month

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolutely no sympathy. I know for a fact the best paid player in the league is on 10k a week and plays for them. over 85% of their players are on over 1000 a week. Bonkers at this level

4 minutes ago, magicman said:

Absolutely no sympathy. I know for a fact the best paid player in the league is on 10k a week and plays for them. over 85% of their players are on over 1000 a week. Bonkers at this level

10K a week FFS. If true they have seriously ****ed up 

14 minutes ago, magicman said:

I don’t believe for a second there is a player in this league even close to 10k per week. That’s like a half decent championship player or a good league 1 player. 

20 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I don’t believe for a second there is a player in this league even close to 10k per week. That’s like a half decent championship player or a good league 1 player. 

You can get a good Championship player on £10 000 a week. I bet there were a few at Shef U last season on around that mate. 

6 minutes ago, magicman said:

When i saw this info i was totally shocked too, I am fortunate to see this info on the league

I have just looked at their squad and the only player it could be is Paul Macullum but he is on loan from Solihull and I really can not see Solihull paying him 10K a week 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, magicman said:

No sympathy for the back room staff who won't be on much being made redundant through no fault of their own? Sod them eh, its not like they will have families and mouths to feed.

Very charming that. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, magicman said:

When i saw this info i was totally shocked too, I am fortunate to see this info on the league

It looks like someone had typed it in wrong. 

59 minutes ago, Flea said:

No sympathy for the back room staff who won't be on much being made redundant through no fault of their own? Sod them eh, its not like they will have families and mouths to feed.

Very charming that. 

One imagines he means no sympathy overall for a club who have spunked away so much money and are now having to cut back.

I’m sure no one wishes hardships to the individuals involved but the amount they have been spending and losing is crazy - I also have no sympathy if as a club they go bust. They sure as hell shouldn’t be getting bailed out by anyone if that’s how they’ve been ran.

Edited by greg45
  • Like 2

Could well be an whole new landscape next season . It wouldn't be beyond the realms of reality for leagues to be inviting tenders from clubs looking for membership

It depends what you qualify as "help". Is a loan help, when you still have no income? It's a bit like the traditional sales pitch, buy now pay nothing for 12 months, the truth is it still needs repaying, so the money is still going to come out of the clubs reserves at some point down the road.

Remember, the old Russian proverb I have stated before, "the only free cheese is in the mousetrap". 

• Haha 1

Barnet have an EFL funded acadamy. Which employs the majority of the staff in question. However the funding for this coupled with Barnet's parachute payments run out at the end of April so they are cutting their cloth accordingly.

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Barnet have an EFL funded acadamy. Which employs the majority of the staff in question. However the funding for this coupled with Barnet's parachute payments run out at the end of April so they are cutting their cloth accordingly.

So they would have had to lay these people off anyway, virus or no virus? 

11 hours ago, ITMAN said:

It depends what you qualify as "help". Is a loan help, when you still have no income? It's a bit like the traditional sales pitch, buy now pay nothing for 12 months, the truth is it still needs repaying, so the money is still going to come out of the clubs reserves at some point down the road.

Remember, the old Russian proverb I have stated before, "the only free cheese is in the mousetrap". 

That was an  old Shelf proverb ITMAN that Russia nicked.

2 hours ago, greg45 said:

So they would have had to lay these people off anyway, virus or no virus? 

Yes, infact during the last close season they were all laid off during the summer months and asked to reapply for their jobs when the season started. Their chairman is getting some right pasty on social media. 

Just now, chadders said:

Yes, infact during the last close season they were all laid off during the summer months and asked to reapply for their jobs when the season started. Their chairman is getting some right pasty on social media. 

Thanks - sounds like he is a tit. Taking advantage of the Coronavirus situation to try and cover up other issues...won't be the first or the last to try that one.

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Their chairman is getting some right pasty on social media. 

Good. He is a dick.

18 hours ago, magicman said:

A grand a week is not as much as it sounds in London though mate.