Sign in to follow this  
TommyH72

The No Doom & Gloom Thread

Plenty to do at Castle Rohan too.

Following an attempted break in by the riff raff I have various schemes including filling the moat, raising up the ramparts and repairing the draw bridge. Should be nice and safe from any viruses how so ever they arrive.

Anyone noticed that the weather has suddenly improved. All the spring flowers are out and we've had nice blue skies. 

But we can't go out. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Anyone noticed that the weather has suddenly improved. All the spring flowers are out and we've had nice blue skies. 

But we can't go out. :unsure:

Yes you can.

If you need an excuse get a dog, even in Spain they allow you out with a dog.

(Or borrow someone else’s for an hour).

Just now, Riders of Rohan said:

Yes you can.

Dog of the Canine variety that is.

Think I will put one of my motorbikes back on the road, be pretty self isolated inside a helmet, more effective can a builders dust mask which the deluded seem to have adopted.

9 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Yes you can.

Paper work as proof it is your dog to be asked for by the Guardia Civil. Only one person allowed to walk at a time.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Paper work as proof it is your dog to be asked for by the Guardia Civil. Only one person allowed to walk at a time.

Dogs can go out, People stay indoors, Government class people lower than Dogs. 

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Dogs can go out, People stay indoors, Government class people lower than Dogs. 

Until you can train a dog to piss in your toilet your a bit stuck .

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, monk said:

Can't train some blokes to piss in toilet, most appears to go on floor.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:05 PM, TommyH72 said:

Not really new, but Ive dug my guitar out and started working on that again. by the time this situation lets up I'm hoping to be Joe Bonnamassa (ish). Or at least get a tune out of it.

Well hells bells, the fingers are limbering up quite well after 2 days. My finger tips are hurting like hell but the wife came into the room today to see if I had a track on. Even she said she could hear a tune and the only comment she normally used to make was to tell me to shut up. I can feel an album in the making here.

• Haha 1

The wife has taken up nagging. I've started playing World of Warcraft again, a game that can take over your life if you're not careful. With three kids, a dog and the aforementioned nagging wife, there's little chance of that with me though.

• Haha 1

Installed new garden fence with next door neighbour, 6ft panels so we complied, him at one end me at tother. We both agreed not a job we will need to do again, never thought building a fence would be on my bucket list but road trip across Canada was cancelled last week, Rockies to Beacon Hill in the sweep of a microbe:(

At risk of bringing doom to this thread, I think the Coronavirus thread is in with a good shout of beating the political thread we had before Christmas for the number of pages. 

Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

At risk of bringing doom to this thread, I think the Coronavirus thread is in with a good shout of beating the political thread we had before Christmas for the number of pages. 

I was thinking the same this morning.:(

16 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I was thinking the same this morning.:(

We ought to run a book on it seeing as there's no racing or footy to bet on. 

21 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

That would really piss BornToMoan off (if he lives to see it :lol:)

• Haha 1

Don't mention the B word. They are saving that one for when we get rid of the virus. In fact it will be just like this virus, it will come back for a second dose and maybe this time bore us all to death.

I've taken to watching facebook gigs, loads of really talented people out there who are posting some really good stuff. I have loads of mates who are professional performers who work right across the entertainment industry and they are just like the rest of us, out of work with no income. So they are putting up their own little shows on line, have a look through, theres some really god ones.

Theres a really good live stream on Facebook at 6pm today, very good friend of mine Sadie Newby, known as Sadie - Yorkshire Singer. She covers every type of music but today shes going to do a set of Patsy Cline songs. Just go to Facebook and look for Sadie - Yorkshire Singer, loads to look at on there.

Edited by TommyH72
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, monk said:

Have a look on face book about that its hilarious,cats as well