Sign in to follow this  
TommyH72

The No Doom & Gloom Thread

Ok guys & gals, s---s happening that's pretty much out of our control, that's a fact. So to all intents and purposes the season would appear to be over, if it is then it was bloody good, we lead the way for quite a while and while we dropped off a bit we are still in and around the top end should the remainder of the season kick off again.

In the meantime lets get some other stuff going, no Corona stuff, no doom & gloom stuff, hell we need something to get us having a laugh. Lets have some Travellers tales revisited, best Shay experiences, best away experiences. Best ever players, who would we have back if we could and why. You get the drift. Whats happened to Archie and his tales of Tina & Mrs T, he's been missing for weeks. Anything to lift the gloom people.

Love the sentiment 

there is so much good things going on out there 

at least by some crash miracle we are are still in a play off spot .. but only god knows how 

One thing ive struggled to find for years is any highlights of Our game away at stevenage around 2006ish?? 2-0 down, Tom Kearney sent off, mate texting me saying how glad he was that he decided he pulled out on the morning of the game. For us to then do the thing Halifax rarely ever do, come from behind and win 3-2. Possibly Darren stamp scoring the winner infront of the hardy souls who had travelled. Unbelievable 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I've bought pot noodles. Havent had a pot noodle for years. If nothing else there great for clearing me guts out.

Theres probably more nutrition in the packaging!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

One thing ive struggled to find for years is any highlights of Our game away at stevenage around 2006ish?? 2-0 down, Tom Kearney sent off, mate texting me saying how glad he was that he decided he pulled out on the morning of the game. For us to then do the thing Halifax rarely ever do, come from behind and win 3-2. Possibly Darren stamp scoring the winner infront of the hardy souls who had travelled. Unbelievable 

There's this fan footage from this day but nothing else :( YouTube unfortunately didn't become prevalent until just after 2008 so footage prior is very rare 

22 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Which dark corner of the Internet did you find this? Was it near the footage of Hitler and Lord Lucan playing volleyball on a Uruguay beach? 

2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I've bought pot noodles. Havent had a pot noodle for years. If nothing else there great for clearing me guts out.

Too much information....

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

I found an ice lolly in my freezer that I'd forgotten about. 

Bonus. 

Was it a Feast, Funny Feet or a Zoom?

3 hours ago, clint said:

at least the pitch will look nice if we get up and running again:D

Extending the season will interfere with planned pitch renovation works.

2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Good choice as due to Covid19 steak and blowjob day has been downgraded to a pot noodle and a wank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, chadders said:

Extending the season will interfere with planned pitch renovation works.

Good choice as due to Covid19 steak and blowjob day has been downgraded to a pot noodle and a wank.

way too much information.....:o

40 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Chadders actually made me laugh out loud. :D 

Hoodie got my username right that's a positive :)

Positives!

the break might do us some good and we might come back and get enough points on the board to reach the play offs

Duckys season might not be over

The pitch will be lovely again and we can try and play that fast 1 touch football like we did at the start

we are still 3 points within the playoffs with games in hand. When I said maybe our season would extend into May I suppose I was right but not how I imagined!

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Positives!

the break might do us some good and we might come back and get enough points on the board to reach the play offs

Duckys season might not be over

The pitch will be lovely again and we can try and play that fast 1 touch football like we did at the start

we are still 3 points within the playoffs with games in hand. When I said maybe our season would extend into May I suppose I was right but not how I imagined!

I honestly don't think the season will continue. 

I think it'll be the beginning of June before this thing calms down and some semblance of normality resumes. 

Also, the pitch has work pencilled in for the summer.