Sign in to follow this  
TommyH72

National League

45 minutes ago, greg45 said:

I think the main point we should all keep in mind is that none of us have a clue. We don't know whether the experts are right or wrong, we don't know whether the journalist commenting on the experts is right or wrong about whether the expert is right or wrong, and we certainly don't know whether Janice on Facebook is right or wrong with her comments about the journalist that is commenting on the expert being right or wrong.

People are entitled to their opinion and all that but why so many people seem to feel it's so important to get all over social media (and the media in general) criticising and contradicting all in sundry because of something they've read third hand from somewhere else that probably isn't true anyway, is beyond me.

It's a new virus, a new situation, no one knows exactly what is going to happen, let's roll with it, and most importantly, wash our hands until they are red raw and we no longer have hands to wash.

I've just looked out from behind my curtains and it's not like Shaun of the Dead...................yet. Not sure where we'll run and hide now that Boris has banned us from pubs. 

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

I think the main point we should all keep in mind is that none of us have a clue. We don't know whether the experts are right or wrong, we don't know whether the journalist commenting on the experts is right or wrong about whether the expert is right or wrong, and we certainly don't know whether Janice on Facebook is right or wrong with her comments about the journalist that is commenting on the expert being right or wrong.

People are entitled to their opinion and all that but why so many people seem to feel it's so important to get all over social media (and the media in general) criticising and contradicting all in sundry because of something they've read third hand from somewhere else that probably isn't true anyway, is beyond me.

It's a new virus, a new situation, no one knows exactly what is going to happen, let's roll with it, and most importantly, wash our hands until they are red raw and we no longer have hands to wash.

Correct, but for what it's worth my money would probably be on the chief medical officer and the chief scientific adviser rather than Janice or for that matter any of the twisty journalists with their points to score for whichever way they want to spin their argument.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mj85 said:

The first casualties

Barnet make all non playing staff redundant 

That was quick. They must already be in difficulty to do that. 

50 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

That was quick. They must already be in difficulty to do that. 

Exactly. In the article they say they budgeted a loss of £100k PER MONTH this season in the hope they would get promoted. Stuff them then - they shouldn't be receiving financial help from anyone, ridiculous.

Also why the hell have they got 60 non playing staff at this level?!?!?

Edited by greg45
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Exactly. In the article they say they budgeted a loss of £100k PER MONTH this season in the hope they would get promoted. Stuff them then - they shouldn't be receiving financial help from anyone, ridiculous.

Also why the hell have they got 60 non playing staff at this level?!?!?

60? Something very dodgy going on there and it'll be the fans that suffer as always. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greg45 said:

Spot on Greg, to many people having their 5 mins of fame when they don't know anything.

• Like 1

Times like this will be when having very astute owners who won’t spend outside their means comes to the fore. There will be many clubs at this level and those above that will be thousands and thousands in debt once the season starts again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ash said:

Times like this will be when having very astute owners who won’t spend outside their means comes to the fore. There will be many clubs at this level and those above that will be thousands and thousands in debt once the season starts again.

How can you be sure Bosomworth has been telling the whole truth about our own clubs finances? Its times like this owners up and down the land will get found out if they have been hiding cash flow problems 

3 hours ago, Greggs said:

How can you be sure Bosomworth has been telling the whole truth about our own clubs finances? Its times like this owners up and down the land will get found out if they have been hiding cash flow problems 

I think we can be more or less certain that our chairman has been runninh the club well and that if there was a financial problem he would have spoken about it before now. 

I echo Ash's comments above. The club is in good hands.