Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
TommyH72

National League

In light of Tuesdays postponement of the Boreham Wood game, I wonder when the National Leagues will get sensible and call off all games for the foreseeable future. Decision needs to be made now with immediate announcement.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

In light of Tuesdays postponement of the Boreham Wood game, I wonder when the National Leagues will get sensible and call off all games for the foreseeable future. Decision needs to be made now with immediate announcement.

Today 

Ive got a ticket and I dont want it wasted. I know id probably get my money back but it would be good to know. At the moment (15-43) the BBC Sports pages still showing all games going ahead.

7 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

3rd of April they will be lucky, Spain thinking more 3/4 months.

I've just been reading that if BJ hadn't taken action then we could have been looking at 250 000 deaths, worst case scenario. The healthcare needed would be 8 fold what we already have. 

3 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I've just been reading that if BJ hadn't taken action then we could have been looking at 250 000 deaths, worst case scenario. The healthcare needed would be 8 fold what we already have. 

How many deaths in Wuhan where they live on top of one another crammed into blocks? Stop swallowing this hysterical bull sh1t, The media are causing mass panic when it isn't necessary.

• Like 1

At its current rate of deaths it would take 124 years for that many people to die in England of the virus. I really don’t know where they get these scaremongering figures from!

12 minutes ago, Ash said:

At its current rate of deaths it would take 124 years for that many people to die in England of the virus. I really don’t know where they get these scaremongering figures from!

That's at its current level it went up 55% yesterday and it will just keep rising .

I don't think people who have access to all the information about this virus  just pluck a figure out of thin air to scare people .

• Like 3

At some point you'd have up to 5k dying per day to achieve those figures . I don't think 250k is a ridiculously high figure for the UK but with the awareness that we have we shouldn't be reaching those figures . More worrying would be if virus of this nature were to become a regular event . Are we entering biological warfare or are they rehearsing for it ?

2 hours ago, Ash said:

But the current rate changes all the time. The more people who get it, the more it spreads, and the rate of deaths increases. 

• Like 1

No country that has had it will have that many people die from this virus alone. None of them.

6 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

How many deaths in Wuhan where they live on top of one another crammed into blocks? Stop swallowing this hysterical bull sh1t, The media are causing mass panic when it isn't necessary.

And Italy? 

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Many factors, most already covered . High populas Chinese communities, ageing population ..... 

Underlying health issues. 

16 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Underlying health issues. 

Some of the Italians that live in the worst hit areas do so because of health issues and the supposed health benefits of living there

26 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Some of the Italians that live in the worst hit areas do so because of health issues and the supposed health benefits of living there

A very sad irony. 

I think the main point we should all keep in mind is that none of us have a clue. We don't know whether the experts are right or wrong, we don't know whether the journalist commenting on the experts is right or wrong about whether the expert is right or wrong, and we certainly don't know whether Janice on Facebook is right or wrong with her comments about the journalist that is commenting on the expert being right or wrong.

People are entitled to their opinion and all that but why so many people seem to feel it's so important to get all over social media (and the media in general) criticising and contradicting all in sundry because of something they've read third hand from somewhere else that probably isn't true anyway, is beyond me.

It's a new virus, a new situation, no one knows exactly what is going to happen, let's roll with it, and most importantly, wash our hands until they are red raw and we no longer have hands to wash.

• Like 2