Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jmc

No income for 2 months

Recommended Posts

Potentially if all football suspended, can we claim on any insurance policy etc,  Would imagine we’re not as exposed as some other clubs at our level and league 2. If clubs fold wonder if there’ll be a league restructure or if the league will bail the league clubs out somehow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If cashflow is an issue then the club should get an early bird season ticket offer out (£199 probably). Unprecedented times, and this could raise a six figure sum. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people will have financial worries from the problems on the way with this virus. It isn't just football.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Business continuity insurance likely won't pay out under these circumstances (a previously unknown virus), and that's assuming the club has any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Football clubs have 4 months without income every year, they are far better placed than most businesses and workers

Not when the 4 months without income is covered by the other 8 months.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Football clubs have 4 months without income every year, they are far better placed than most businesses and workers

This is potentially like having a hard winter with lots of games off, the income is deferred rather than lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Business continuity insurance likely won't pay out under these circumstances (a previously unknown virus), and that's assuming the club has any.

As its now a notifiable disease I think they will payout 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Not when the 4 months without income is covered by the other 8 months.

And our players AFAIK are only paid until the end of the April. So they’ll still get that, plus whatever happens after then too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

As its now a notifiable disease I think they will payout 

It depends on the terms and conditions of the insurance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally covered under section , sudden and unforeseen , which I assume this is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bubba said:

It depends on the terms and conditions of the insurance. 

It was said on the news yesterday that most business continuity insurance in the UK won't cover government mandated closures. That kind of thing is available but it crazy expensive. But they said businesses may be able to claim under other things, such as unavailability of staff, etc. so I guess it depends what comes first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubba said:

Not when the 4 months without income is covered by the other 8 months.

The 'sleeping' overheads of FC Halifax Town shouldn't be that great, several other clubs may not be so lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now is the time to merge the Conference and Div 2 into League 2 North and South. Would eliminate very expensive overnight stays and travel and away support would go up. No brainer. Only problem would be if the Football league were willing to pay out for what would in effect be another layer to the football League. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, quizmaster said:

Now is the time to merge the Conference and Div 2 into League 2 North and South. Would eliminate very expensive overnight stays and travel and away support would go up. No brainer. Only problem would be if the Football league were willing to pay out for what would in effect be another layer to the football League. 

I'm not sure you could have a North/South in FL but there shouldn't be a national league. No sense at all in having non league clubs traveling like they do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The 'sleeping' overheads of FC Halifax Town shouldn't be that great, several other clubs may not be so lucky

Well, except wages, rent, insurance, etc.

The only expenditure the club wont be faced with are those associated with matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be thankful we didn’t throw a load of money at promotion and pay transfer fees and wages on but players like Stockport just have!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"luckily" we only have 3 home games to play and I suppose we will save on away travel / accommodation costs plus the paying out of win / goal bonuses ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chadders said:

"luckily" we only have 3 home games to play and I suppose we will save on away travel / accommodation costs plus the paying out of win / goal bonuses ;)

Wasn't costing anything anyway :doh:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many ifs and buts at the moment.  No income for 2 months might sound good with hindsight.

What happens to the rugby club if there's a ban on gatherings?  It's the start of their season.

What about the rental income to the local authority?  What happens if one club folds?

How do we get out of contract players to complete the season in summer or autumn?

Have we just watched the final FC Halifax Town game played with full-time players?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lester said:

Too many ifs and buts at the moment.  No income for 2 months might sound good with hindsight.

What happens to the rugby club if there's a ban on gatherings?  It's the start of their season.

What about the rental income to the local authority?  What happens if one club folds?

How do we get out of contract players to complete the season in summer or autumn?

Have we just watched the final FC Halifax Town game played with full-time players?

I personally don't think that'll happen. 

I've read a diary of a bloke from Leeds who caught corona virus after a trip to Italy and is now feeling better. 

From being diagnosed and not feeling any symptoms to 1e days later and feeling fine but not having a test to say he's clear of the virus. 

The virus, according to him, comes in waves. You feel fine for a Co ple of hours and then you have an involuntary coughing fit. At its worst. The coughing made him kneel down over the toilet because he thought he'd be sick. Then he has one really bad day with a fever and then one day where he was freezing cold despite being under a duvet with several layers on and a ski hat!! 

He described the virus as like having flu or perhaps a bad flu at its worst but then it cleared and he feels absolutely fine now. 

He was lucky in that his neighbours went out and bought him shopping and a thermometer to check on his temperature. But what about the elderly and people who live on their own. This really is a time for EVERYONE to come together and show the good old British and especially Yorkshire community spirit and help out those that really need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...