Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game @home to Ebbsfleet

3 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

We may be in the play offs but there is no way we will be if or when the season finishes. It will take more than a couple of weeks off to improve this bunch of "players" under the current regime. One goal from the penalty spot in over 360 minutes play against mediocre opposition says it all.

What does anyone expect when we line up like we did? Who will get us goals out of that 11? Who will create a goal for Rodney or redshaw? No creativity at all. 3 defensive midfielders behind our 2 strikers 

I can honestly now see why our crowds are so poor and the Calderdale public don’t come watch us. It really does put into perspective how bad it is. I’m glad I support the town I’m from even through bad and good but sometimes when it’s bad it really does get you down! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nick said:

What position is Rodney playing 

Search me?

He won't be here next season, to put up with this nonsense, he's having to track back all the time for the ball rather than playing on the shoulder of defenders where he gets his goals from.

Redshaw is still paying in the 'hole' which resembles a gaping chasm again. As the 'midfield' is nowhere near him.

Clarke was todays playmaker, hoofball from the centre circle.

This really was painful, thankfully we have an enforced break, I need it more than those in blue today. 

That was so bad I’m going to pretend it was a protest! Top 4 could go into L2 if you believe some theories of the season ending. We wouldn’t be top 4 in the north playing like that 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Don’t know. But he’s been terrible 

Didn't play up top so not interested was what it looked like but at the end mm of the day that was the wrong formation. 

The players should have still put a shift in though. 

Why when we take a kick off do we just lump it out into touch? Why are all redshaws corners just gently floated into the box? Whip them in ffs!! 

Just now, halifaxmark said:

Why when we take a kick off do we just lump it out into touch? Why are all redshaws corners just gently floated into the box? Whip them in ffs!! 

True. Or at least lay it off for some else to whip it in. Every single corner the same. If Redhsaw is the only player on the field that can attempt to take a corner then we are in trouble. When you don't have much height then you lay it off and try and lift it over one of their smaller men and take it from there. 

Absolutely awful display against a team that could be relegated. 

Didn't get down tonight, watched on the telly. 1st half was barely ok'ish 2nd was v poor.

Bin man was shocking but not as bad as Rodney who was a complete and utter plonker. Cooper did ok, Staunton tried, the rest were woeful.

27 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It is why. Simple. It’s not much more to watch Leeds who are flying with a good atmosphere. It’s simple 

Tom.its £40 to watch Leeds

Find it difficult to be too worked up about that game. Four near-identical displays at home. Don't look like creating anything. Lack of confidence in possession. Forced backwards and then long.

Same approach, same quality of players, same results. All too predictable to be honest, and as such the defeats become somewhat numbing. Not a lot of learning apparent of late. 

Can't work out if we are a decent side on a bad run or an average side that have had a couple of purple patches.

It may seem like a knee-jerk reaction, but I'm struggling to see much changing with 3-5-2 unless we get Cam King back on top form. 

Surprised we had 2100 tonight

A lot of Town fans stayed at home watching it on BT.

A few hudders and Leeds at game..shame we were poor.

How we are so far up in the league is a miracle. All you need to do to beat us is park the bus and be clinical. We’ve been figured out.

There’s 4 players for me that played today who aren’t good enough for playoff aspirations. Maybe not even this league at all!

1 minute ago, AJS said:

How we are so far up in the league is a miracle. All you need to do to beat us is park the bus and be clinical. We’ve been figured out.

There’s 4 players for me that played today who aren’t good enough for playoff aspirations. Maybe not even this league at all!

They don’t park the bus though, we pass backwards and sideways with no urgency and give teams time to reset.

Just now, Shergar4 said:

They don’t park the bus though, we pass backwards and sideways with no urgency and give teams time to reset.

It’s the same 2 culprits for that. Both started today. Isn’t hard to figure out. 

Cant just rely at teams coming at us and scoring on the counter. That’s our only strength so teams are playing more defensive to cancel it out.

If thats the last game for a few months then i dont think we'll be missing much.

We simply cannot take a game to the opposition, playing on the counter with long balls in behind suits us. But if the opposition score 1st were done for as has been demonstrated many times.

JBW cost us the goal but at least he tried to drive the team forward a bit afterwards. As mentioned Cooper was one of the better ones today but he still did nothing of note which tells its own story.

I still believe to succeed at this level you need a physical presence up top, Rodney and Redshaw will not get on the end of crosses.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

We may be in the play offs but there is no way we will be if or when the season finishes. It will take more than a couple of weeks off to improve this bunch of "players" under the current regime. One goal from the penalty spot in over 360 minutes play against mediocre opposition says it all.

Hence the break , it might not help but it just seems very flat , as for Ebsfleet they will want to keep going , picked up two good results against us and Hartlepool .

I still think we will get a play off place but on the last two games we wouldn't stand a chance in them .

Let's see what happens regarding next 3 weeks , god knows how this will end up.

4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Biggest question marks are about PW after that. The whole 2nd half was a disgrace, only Halesowen game was worse. He allowed Ebbsfleet to come out after half time and control the first 10 minutes of the half, when we should have stamped our authority on them. Sadly that set the tone for the next 35 minutes.the formation should have been changed after that first 10 minutes but it was allowed to meander through till the end of the game. Ebbsfleet, similar to Woking didnt have to do anything to win the game. Had a few options open to him, switching to a 4 4 2, 4 3 3 or even reverting back to the 4 2 3 1 of early season, but he chose to keep the same turgid formation and Ebbsfleet coasted to victory. Imo Jack Earing should have been introduced for one of the 3 midfielders as he is the most creative of the midfielders available to PW today. Josh Mac could have come on early and switched to 4 4 2.

Absolute load of cat p1ss 

Totally agree with that. Earing should have come on. You can have as many forwards on the pitch as you want. If you haven't got the supply or creativity from midfeld. What's the point? Wild looked clueless on that touchline. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I still believe to succeed at this level you need a physical presence up top, Rodney and Redshaw will not get on the end of crosses.

Both of em need a right old kick up the arse. 

4 minutes ago, AJS said:

It’s the same 2 culprits for that. Both started today. Isn’t hard to figure out. 

Cant just rely at teams coming at us and scoring on the counter. That’s our only strength so teams are playing more defensive to cancel it out.

Like Papa has said biggest questions marks over the manager today, his inability to change games like this , Woking and Halesowen when it is obviously not working from early on is his / our downfall. 

felt a bit for Clarke getting jeered but when you looked at the options available to him there were none hence the long ball - Wild needs to see this. We have 3 midfielders but no midfield whatsoever, it’s powderpuff at best with no creativity at all. 

6 minutes ago, greygoose said:

If thats the last game for a few months then i dont think we'll be missing much.

We simply cannot take a game to the opposition, playing on the counter with long balls in behind suits us. But if the opposition score 1st were done for as has been demonstrated many times.

JBW cost us the goal but at least he tried to drive the team forward a bit afterwards. As mentioned Cooper was one of the better ones today but he still did nothing of note which tells its own story.

Whos Redshaw going to beat in the air, Ronnie Corbbett, Jimmy Crankie. Get the ball on the deck for gods sack.

24 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Surprised we had 2100 tonight

A lot of Town fans stayed at home watching it on BT.

A few hudders and Leeds at game..shame we were poor.

Me and my dad were 2 who stayed on watched it on TV. For the exact reason as of today’s showing