Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game @home to Ebbsfleet

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

No guarantee  of promotion topping nail biting football next season ask Fylde or Wrexham.

Just trying to lighten the mood Steve. We all know there are no guarantees in football unless your Paul Pogba and your guaranteed you million pounds a week for refusing to play. But that said we will win the league next season, we will break the points accumulated record and the goals scored will average 4 per game. Or we might get relegated, who knows eh.

• Haha 1

After the Sutton match I came to the conclusion that we just don't have anything in the final 3rd and it's continued for the next 2 matches too. 

I've just seen these retweeted so I took a screenshot. For a team wanting to be in the playoffs it's quiet telling that we do this have atleast 1 player.  

Screenshot_2020-03-16-19-35-10.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-19-35-03.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-19-34-49.png

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

After the Sutton match I came to the conclusion that we just don't have anything in the final 3rd and it's continued for the next 2 matches too. 

I've just seen these retweeted so I took a screenshot. For a team wanting to be in the playoffs it's quiet telling that we do this have atleast 1 player.  

Screenshot_2020-03-16-19-35-10.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-19-35-03.png

Screenshot_2020-03-16-19-34-49.png

Because we only have one creative midfielder and he never plays that’s why. Saturday we played 3 defensive midfielders in a home game against a **** team 

18 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Because we only have one creative midfielder and he never plays that’s why. Saturday we played 3 defensive midfielders in a home game against a **** team 

And lost. 

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

OK,  no need to swear at me lol.  I'm just saying as a playoff chasing team you'd think we'd have more than that. Can't rely on King to do everything and I would have expected to be on the list of chances created as a team seeing as we are in the play offs. 

I agree 3 defensive midfielders isnt good.

Got to remember King had a bereavement last week so didn't play. We don't know who or how close he was to them and this week well I dot know and it would be rude to speculate, but with the current global news, I think you get where I'm coming from.  

It's a poor do that no player is in there. 

For me the worst statistic from Saturdays game was that we lost to the team with the worst defensive record in the National League. We could not even score, at home, against a team that has conceded 68 in 39 matches, goal difference of -29, by the law of averages we should have been able to score at least 1 against them.

As it happens apart from 1 shot from Redshaw we had more or less nothing that there keeper had to save.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

For me the worst statistic from Saturdays game was that we lost to the team with the worst defensive record in the National League. We could not even score, at home, against a team that has conceded 68 in 39 matches, goal difference of -29, by the law of averages we should have been able to score at least 1 against them.

As it happens apart from 1 shot from Redshaw we had more or less nothing that there keeper had to save.

Tobi had a very tame shot right at their keeper. He had to bend down to kick it up. 

I thought they defended quite well but if we'd played like we were in January then we'd have put four past them. 

They were well organised, we don't seem to do "we might have to play against a well organised team" in training . Maybe Wild will work it out in his self isolation

16 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Speed of pass is the key. Our passing was so slow on Saturday and that played a big part in our attacks breaking down. 

That's it. We think about it too much and don't play with enough "balls" and gusto, it's just all too slow.

We had 1 decent-ish attack in the centre half that was quick and instinctive but it soon fizzled out once they got men back.  

As others have said, playing against organised teams is our achilles heel and we are too predictable. 

19 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

That's it. We think about it too much and don't play with enough "balls" and gusto, it's just all too slow.

We had 1 decent-ish attack in the centre half that was quick and instinctive but it soon fizzled out once they got men back.  

As others have said, playing against organised teams is our achilles heel and we are too predictable. 

Our first touch needs to be better too. Let's try and pass it one touch. We did when they put up that there was 5 minutes injury time. All of a sudden we switched play accross playing fast one touch passing football and we stretched them which is exactly what we need to do. A bit of pressure on Saturday and they would probably have folded. 

I wonder what's causing this collective lack of confidence? 

They look like a team that's rooteed to the bottom and have lost their last 10 games. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Easier said than done on a bubbly pitch. Gives well organised teams like Ebbsfleet a chance to get in and stop the play.

They did defend superbly to their credit and No2 got something in the way of every shot and cross but we did lack something upfront and miss Cameron King. Is he potentially in isolation due to his underlying health condition? He wasn’t classed as injured and if so should have played.

14 minutes ago, Ash said:

Easier said than done on a bubbly pitch. Gives well organised teams like Ebbsfleet a chance to get in and stop the play.

They did defend superbly to their credit and No2 got something in the way of every shot and cross but we did lack something upfront and miss Cameron King. Is he potentially in isolation due to his underlying health condition? He wasn’t classed as injured and if so should have played.

Both he and Jamie were taken unwell at training on Friday .