Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game @home to Ebbsfleet

13 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

You have more faith than I have Shergar4.

Can we afford to sack managers every time we have a bad run? The last few home games have been difficult to stomach And I have been critical of the manager and his lack of willingness to change the system or the players in many games this season. However we are in the playoffs currently, although I’m not sure how long that will last for. 

16 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

However we are in the playoffs currently, although I’m not sure how long that will last for. 

Quite a while I should imagine! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Do you think the club should get rid if him? I don't 

I believe he is treading on thin ice. The main thing he has going for him is Mr B has had to pay off too many managers over the last four or five years that he won't want to pay another one off.

PW maybe a young and upcoming manager but he doesn't seem to be learning anything. It doesn't seem that he can motivate a team, change things around when needed and apparently watches a different game to everyone else. His substitutions and selections are suspect, not starting with his strongest team and not playing to players strengths.

As has been said many times this season this league is a poor league and yet we struggle to match teams who are in the midst of the relegation zone. I just think that with an experienced manager we would be in a lot better position than now.

Edited by Shaymen2008

55 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Do you think the club should get rid if him? I don't 

I think he should stop taking hallucinatory drugs.

We can't afford to sack managers, but his stubbornness has been a big problem. He must see the same game that we all see, but he's the only one who can turn it around. He starts a game with a certain set up and it either works and we win or vice versa. He doesn't make any decisions in the game to counter the oppositions tactics when they are on top. It might be a modern coaching thing, not to interfere mid game, but its so frustrating.

Everyone wants the guy to do well, they really do, but that makes it even more frustrating when it's going wrong. 

I didn't see any passion from him yesterday or his team barking orders to get the players in position. It was like he believed that it was actually going well out on the pitch and the goal would come. I can see sense he his under pressure, but he needs to transfer some of his pressure onto the players. Not be passive and wait for the inevitable. 

Pete Wild is nowhere near the bloody sack! I don’t know where people think these things up.

Last season we just stayed up, the previous manager then left with 8 players and 10 days for someone to come and salvage something. In steps Pete Wild, he assembled a squad, has somehow had them in the play offs all season bar 1 or 2 weeks, talks sense, was in the dug out just hours after his father passed away and has done a very good job. I’ll be judging him on a full preseason under his belt only.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the supporters would give Wild a lot more leeway if he tried a plan B, C, D or even Z during a game where we were viably second best- even if it wasn’t successful. What frustrates the hell out of people is when (like yesterday) we were being shown up by a side that barely broke sweat, and Wild does diddly squat- he may as well have been sat in the bar having a beer for the influence he has on a game- then spouts crap after the game which suggests he probably was sat in a bar not watching the game.

He ain’t going anywhere soon, and neither are we sadly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shergar4 said:

Can we afford to sack managers every time we have a bad run? The last few home games have been difficult to stomach And I have been critical of the manager and his lack of willingness to change the system or the players in many games this season. However we are in the playoffs currently, although I’m not sure how long that will last for. 

No we cannot Shergar4 I just don´t have faith in his player knowledge which tbh I find surprising.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greggs said:

One good thing I suppose is some of these players were not signed by him. He deserves the chance to bring his own players in and then he can be properly judged

I like the guy but he just doesn't seem to be able to make the players play to the best of their ability..Many times this season  we haven't even had a shot on or off target that is dreadful..Least we don't  have to put up with VAR Bloody hell i cant watch premier league now its shocking imagine us scoring a last minute winner for promotion we know how to celebrate and after going mental for a few mins then next minute it gets disallowed they would be hell on..

4 minutes ago, FCHT15 said:

I like the guy but he just doesn't seem to be able to make the players play to the best of their ability..Many times this season  we haven't even had a shot on or off target that is dreadful..Least we don't  have to put up with VAR Bloody hell i cant watch premier league now its shocking imagine us scoring a last minute winner for promotion we know how to celebrate and after going mental for a few mins then next minute it gets disallowed they would be hell on..

We did well when it was all inclusive with the senior players, PW seems to have lost their support/input and is now out front on his own, time to crack the whip and lead from the front IMHO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

Not said much about the game since I predicted a 1-0 away win yesterday.

Quite simply we were awful. There seemed to be a few players who wanted to play but the majority weren't there at all.

Maher and Staunton, even though they might not have had the best of games, never stopped encouraging and cajoling the rest of the team. Clarke looked over to the bench at one stage and looked like he was saying it wasnt working and we needed to change it. Unfortunately that only happened after Jeff King, amazingly not booked, was taken off for Josh Mac.

JBW is possibly the most unprofessional footballer I've seen since Dominic Ludden. He is lazy, hes just unfit and carrying about 2 stone. Anyone suggesting he should play at wing back needs to give their head a shake. Wing backs need to get up and down. He is incapable of running towards his own goal. His error cost us yesterday and also in the game against Harrogate at home where he couldn't get back from a corner and we conceded a late goal. I'm sure there have been numerous others.

Nolan is our Eric Dier. Trots about without ever sprinting and hides when we've got the ball.

Loads of people have said we had no creativity yesterday and they're right. We had 2 attacking players who had to drop deeper and deeper to stay in touch with the rest of the team. Staunton tried to get forward but just ran after the aimless punts endlessly wasting his energy.

The change in formation from 532 to 343 made no difference other than the hoofs were aimed at TSS instead of Redshaw. In fairness neither is likely to win a header.

Shocking display. We've made 4 average sides look brilliant over the last 5 games. Exception being Sutton who were worse than us and we struggled to beat them.

Spot on the summary I would have written if I could have worked up enough enthusiasm to do so, never seen as many inaccurate lazy passes in all my time watching Town, no one taking responsibility for proceedings just happy to offload to anyone marked or otherwise, piss poor is letting players & management off lightly.

25 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

Quite simply we were awful. There seemed to be a few players who wanted to play but the majority weren't there at all.

Maher and Staunton, even though they might not have had the best of games, never stopped encouraging and cajoling the rest of the team. Clarke looked over to the bench at one stage and looked like he was saying it wasnt working and we needed to change it. Unfortunately that only happened after Jeff King, amazingly not booked, was taken off for Josh Mac.

JBW is possibly the most unprofessional footballer I've seen since Dominic Ludden. He is lazy, hes just unfit and carrying about 2 stone. Anyone suggesting he should play at wing back needs to give their head a shake. Wing backs need to get up and down. He is incapable of running towards his own goal. His error cost us yesterday and also in the game against Harrogate at home where he couldn't get back from a corner and we conceded a late goal. I'm sure there have been numerous others.

Nolan is our Eric Dier. Trots about without ever sprinting and hides when we've got the ball.

Loads of people have said we had no creativity yesterday and they're right. We had 2 attacking players who had to drop deeper and deeper to stay in touch with the rest of the team. Staunton tried to get forward but just ran after the aimless punts endlessly wasting his energy.

The change in formation from 532 to 343 made no difference other than the hoofs were aimed at TSS instead of Redshaw. In fairness neither is likely to win a header.

Shocking display. We've made 4 average sides look brilliant over the last 5 games. Exception being Sutton who were worse than us and we struggled to beat them.

A fair assessment imo

1 hour ago, Juryeff said:

Staunton's touch, at times was abysmal. Maybe a bad day at the office but if you're gonna  real teams like Ebbsfleet down the your passing needs to be quicker and one touch when possible. Time and time again we switched play o ly for Staunton or whoever to take the touch of an elephant, go and retrieve the ball and by then the move in Hull and void because they have men in position. 

JBW did keep trying but apart from McNulty and Jan Molby, I don't think I've seen a more unfit footballer. Not so bad when you are either of those players and especially the latter who can read a game so well and ping passes about because you don't  need to run much. If you're a left back or even left sided centre half in a 3 then it's no good. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

If the board wanted to sack him , i don’t think they should do , but it shouldn’t cost that much surely , he was basically given his fist chance in management with no previous experience. He wasn’t in a position to demand anything wage wise really 

Sacking Pete Wild is the most stupid thing I’ve ever seen on here. He’s done nothing but work wonders in the grand scheme of things since Fullershite left the club in the absolute pits with not enough players to fulfill a fixture against Frickley!

• Like 2

Plenty ups and downs for Wild so far, but I really want a season where the manager has had a good run of time to prepare properly (virus permitting). Not had that for the last few seasons. 

I was quite surprised on Saturday that he didn’t get any stick from the Grumpy East standers.

I didn’t hear any abuse and as he didn’t turn around and tell someone to do one suggests there wasn’t any.

I’m pretty sure if Billy Heath had of been in the dugout he would have got dogs abuse for that performance.

one thinks Mr Wild got away with one.

2 minutes ago, Guido said:

I was quite surprised on Saturday that he didn’t get any stick from the Grumpy East standers.

I didn’t hear any abuse and as he didn’t turn around and tell someone to do one suggests there wasn’t any.

I’m pretty sure if Billy Heath had of been in the dugout he would have got dogs abuse for that performance.

one thinks Mr Wild got away with one.

The boo's were quite loud from the South Stand at the end. Louder than I thought they would be actually. 

Edited by Greggs

18 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The boo's were quite loud from the South Stand at the end. Louder than I thought they would be actually. 

It was that sh1t I could not be bothered to even Boo and hundreds had left the stand by then anyway.

2 hours ago, Ash said:

Sacking Pete Wild is the most stupid thing I’ve ever seen on here. He’s done nothing but work wonders in the grand scheme of things since Fullershite left the club in the absolute pits with not enough players to fulfill a fixture against Frickley!

It is stupid. As much as I have not enjoyed recent games We are still in the play offs but these performances are dreadful and really need to improve. 

Sacking wild would be bloody stupid and anybody who wants him sacked needs their heads wobbling as he’s done a good job. 

• Like 1

Im not even going to try defend the performance of Saturday, it was bad to say the least. But what was evident to me was that as soon as Ebbsfleet scored our heads dropped and we were beaten. 16 minutes into a game that's the worrying thing. There was plenty of time to regroup and go again. The goal came completely against the run of play so for me we just rolled over. As for the goal, well no manager in the world can legislate for what happened. Ask Jorgen Klopp. We did exactly the same against Woking, we gifted them 2 soft goals and whimpered our way to the final whistle. To talk of getting rid of PW is ridiculous, Im not even going to go into reasons why because it would be stating the blindingly obvious as we sit 6th in the league. As it is the season is probably over so we might as well all just relax and look forward to when this virus buggers off and we can look forward to enjoying more nail biting top of the table football.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Im not even going to try defend the performance of Saturday, it was bad to say the least. But what was evident to me was that as soon as Ebbsfleet scored our heads dropped and we were beaten. 16 minutes into a game that's the worrying thing. There was plenty of time to regroup and go again. The goal came completely against the run of play so for me we just rolled over. As for the goal, well no manager in the world can legislate for what happened. Ask Jorgen Klopp. We did exactly the same against Woking, we gifted them 2 soft goals and whimpered our way to the final whistle. To talk of getting rid of PW is ridiculous, Im not even going to go into reasons why because it would be stating the blindingly obvious as we sit 6th in the league. As it is the season is probably over so we might as well all just relax and look forward to when this virus buggers off and we can look forward to enjoying more nail biting top of the table football.

No guarantee  of promotion topping nail biting football next season ask Fylde or Wrexham.