Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game @home to Ebbsfleet

50 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

We all wanted the game yesterday, and now we're all wishing it was called off. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! 

I didn't see Ebbsfleet looking stressed. They were living it large. 

I didn't think the game should have gone ahead before it kicked off.  I think non league should be halted just like the Premier League and Football League. 

The break should suit us because with a bit of luck all our players might be back, including Duckworth. Although the latter is a long shot. With Brown, Duckworth and King playing we are a different side and would have walked it yesterday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I didn't think the game should have gone ahead before it kicked off.  I think non league should be halted just like the Premier League and Football League. 

The break should suit us because with a bit of luck all our players might be back, including Duckworth. Although the latter is a long shot. With Brown, Duckworth and King playing we are a different side and would have walked it yesterday. 

You didn't see Brown last week?

56 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

We all wanted the game yesterday, and now we're all wishing it was called off. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! 

I didn't see Ebbsfleet looking stressed. They were living it large. 

Read through the threads Shaymen, we didn't all want the game. The Ebbsfleet manager didn't want the game. Just because many of us turned up doesn't mean we wanted the game played. The right course of action needs to be taken now and the next few games postponed in line with the rest of the leagues.

14 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Read through the threads Shaymen, we didn't all want the game. The Ebbsfleet manager didn't want the game. Just because many of us turned up doesn't mean we wanted the game played. The right course of action needs to be taken now and the next few games postponed in line with the rest of the leagues.

Yes I get that, but this is the match thread. People are saying we weren't totally up for the game due to the situation. My point is that it didn't seem to affect Ebbsfleet.

26 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Cabt imagine any football being played for the foreseeable future. Crazy to think football will be back up and running by way April. I do suspect the season may be scrapped, but it has to be done from the top to the bottom 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Yes I get that, but this is the match thread. People are saying we weren't totally up for the game due to the situation. My point is that it didn't seem to affect Ebbsfleet.

True. But to be fair to Ebbsfleet have been on decent form lately so it didn't really surprise me that they were just better than us. As were Woking, Sutton & Halesowen

41 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

You didn't see Brown last week?

No but I heard he had a shocker. We could have done with him attacking those corners yesterday. 

I've been poorly so not been to a  game this season..But I do follow every game on social media...And watching Town yesterday was worse than being diagnosed with cancer..I don't think they will make the playoffs..PW talks well but like previous posters have said some players just don't look interested... Binnion Williams is dreadful..So I will just keep my fingers crossed for the remaining games...

34 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

No but I heard he had a shocker. We could have done with him attacking those corners yesterday. 

Noone can attack those corners that is the problem with those corners . So so easy to defend. I cant remember the last time we whipped a ball in on top of the keeper. 

4 minutes ago, FCHT15 said:

I've been poorly so not been to a  game this season..But I do follow every game on social media...And watching Town yesterday was worse than being diagnosed with cancer..I don't think they will make the playoffs..PW talks well but like previous posters have said some players just don't look interested... Binnion Williams is dreadful..So I will just keep my fingers crossed for the remaining games...

One good thing I suppose is some of these players were not signed by him. He deserves the chance to bring his own players in and then he can be properly judged

10 minutes ago, Greggs said:

One good thing I suppose is some of these players were not signed by him. He deserves the chance to bring his own players in and then he can be properly judged

If memory serves me right without having to look it up I think he sign about 8 of the squad.

11 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If memory serves me right without having to look it up I think he sign about 8 of the squad.

Jeff King 

Danny Wiliams 

JBW 

Charlie Cooper 

Jack Redshaw 

Devante Rodney 

Anyone else? Although King & Williams were both at the club but not signed before PW took over 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

7 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Jeff King 

Danny Wiliams 

JBW 

Charlie Cooper 

Jack Redshaw 

Devante Rodney 

Anyone else? Although King & Williams were both at the club but not signed before PW took over 

4 of those can go in the summer and one is on loan. The other will probably look elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

off the top of my head Nolan signed August, was also on trial before but again a PW signing

Plenty of rumours at the time that Nolan had signed long before PW took over. To be fair PW had something like 10 days to get a team together, so took a punt on King, JBW and Danny Williams  and all 3 looked decent in the Oldham friendly 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Plenty of rumours at the time that Nolan had signed long before PW took over. To be fair PW had something like 10 days to get a team together, so took a punt on King, JBW and Danny Williams  and all 3 looked decent in the Oldham friendly 

Nolan signed 01/08. His good knowledge of players (his words) he should have done better should not have needed to take a punt on anyone.

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Nolan signed 01/08. His good knowledge of players (his words) he should have done better should not have needed to take a punt on anyone.

Officially yes! These players got us to the top of the league lets not forget. 

or forget a 3 months crap run where he refused to change tactics or the last 4/5 games.

4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I know some people have said otherwise but it really is a poor league. Barrow are probably a top half team in seasons gone by but are the most consistent team this year. 

Lots of very average footballers in this league. 

I know PW is still learning and I think he will come good but a George Mulhall at the helm would have seen us win this league at a canter. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

or forget a 3 months crap run where he refused to change tactics or the last 4/5 games.

I do agree with that, but I genuinely think he has something about him. 

13 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I do agree with that, but I genuinely think he has something about him. 

Have you seen the last couple of games and read his courier comments on those games?

There is certainly something about him.

It could be he is taking some hallucinatory drug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Have you seen the last couple of games and read his courier comments on those games?

There is certainly something about him.

It could be he is taking some hallucinatory drug.

Do you think the club should get rid if him? I don't 

I am surprised by his lack of knowledge regarding players and his lack of activity to rectify the problems when he has had the budget for the last 2/3 months. We should have been out of sight in this league with the start we had. Whether the club should get rid of him or not is entirely up to DB.

In all fairness most of the players would have signed with clubs already prior to PW joining us. As bad as it has been lately, we have had good spells also. On balance our league position is a good one. PW needs to reassess the squad in summer when he can get rid of who he wants and bring in his own players. 

2 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

In all fairness most of the players would have signed with clubs already prior to PW joining us. As bad as it has been lately, we have had good spells also. On balance our league position is a good one. PW needs to reassess the squad in summer when he can get rid of who he wants and bring in his own players. 

You have more faith than I have Shergar4.