Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game @home to Ebbsfleet

Nolan was defensive midfield, Cooper box to box and Staunton in the number 10 role . The system is our biggest problem at the moment as we've run out of players to play this 5 3 2 garbage

• Like 2

We are living in strange times.  The media are keeping us in a state of fear, the population of some countries are finding out what a police state looks like and Tom Denton is taking penalties.

I wonder how many tv viewers actually sat through 90 minutes yesterday.  Fans of teams in higher leagues have little interest in National League and I bet most thought they were watching part time footballers.  Trouble is we remember happier and more exciting times from a few years ago when we really were part time.

• Like 2

Redshaw and Rodney the issue yesterday. No effort, no desire and went hiding several times. Their work rate was awful.

Binom Williams did make the error for the goal but didn’t hide after that and came nearest to getting a goal.

The only thing we have done wrong in the last 3 games is not get an early goal let alone any goal. Those games would have opened up then but we are missing a bit of something different and a bit of flair to break those teams down. Cameron Kings a huge miss.

10 minutes ago, Lester said:

We are living in strange times.  The media are keeping us in a state of fear, the population of some countries are finding out what a police state looks like and Tom Denton is taking penalties.

I wonder how many tv viewers actually sat through 90 minutes yesterday.  Fans of teams in higher leagues have little interest in National League and I bet most thought they were watching part time footballers.  Trouble is we remember happier and more exciting times from a few years ago when we really were part time.

Interesting take because at times I genuinely fail to see what distinction we have made between being full time and part time. Certainly watching them yesterday I failed to see what they do with the extra training hours 

Can't disagree with the last post here, but if you add up the players criticised in this thread they were all at fault. In my opinion they all worked really hard, but at doing the wrong things within the wrong formation.

Was it really just the players fault? Wild can do no wrong with some of you. 

No one at the club is taking any responsibility for the dross being served up. 

Edited by shaymen_x

1 minute ago, shaymen_x said:

Can't disagree with the last post here,but if you add up the players criticised in thus thread. They were all at fault. In my opinion they all worked really hard, but at doing the wrong things within the wrong formation.

Was it really just the players fault? Wild can do no wrong with some of you. 

No one at the club is taking any responsibility for the dross being served up. 

You think Rodney worked hard? He wasn’t arsed at all

It should be a collective responsibility, but as in all organisations it will be the one at the top who get's his P45 and not the workers.

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

You think Rodney worked hard? He wasn’t arsed at all

He did make an effort but as has already been stated, in the wrong areas of the pitch and it would appear not in line with the tactics the formation would have suggested.

11 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Interesting take because at times I genuinely fail to see what distinction we have made between being full time and part time. Certainly watching them yesterday I failed to see what they do with the extra training hours 

Tell me the last time Cameron King influenced a game?

We are crying out for someone in midfeld who can keep the ball & dictate the play. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

We are crying out for someone in midfeld who can keep the ball & dictate the play. 

Because we only have 1 player of his type it's easy to target him to shut out of the game. But we can only play 1 number 10 anyway so? As for a midfield player to get the ball to him when he plays I agree we dont have that player. 

14 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

I was thinking exactly the same yesterday. Cameron. Is quality on his day but due to his problems his day doesn't happen nowhere near enough. If we'd had a playmaker yesterday and then Redhsaw I. Front of him then we'd have torn them apart. 

37 minutes ago, Ash said:

Redshaw and Rodney the issue yesterday. No effort, no desire and went hiding several times. Their work rate was awful.

Binom Williams did make the error for the goal but didn’t hide after that and came nearest to getting a goal.

The only thing we have done wrong in the last 3 games is not get an early goal let alone any goal. Those games would have opened up then but we are missing a bit of something different and a bit of flair to break those teams down. Cameron Kings a huge miss.

Cameron King is a huge miss you're right, but if he had been fit Wild would have had him on the bench. The mans an idiot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Cameron King is a huge miss you're right, but if he had been fit Wild would have had him on the bench. The mans an idiot.

Please don't confuse Kings health with Wilds stupidity

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Certainly ain't passing, that is for sure.

1 hour ago, Ash said:

I don't agree about Redhsaw. I've seen him play better but he was always avaable and tried to get forward as often as possible. The problem was their was naff all in front of him and Rodney was dreadful yesterday. The number of times he was nowhere near where he should have been. He reminded me of Edwards yesterday. 

I'm confused are we full time, part time or hybrid full time (whatever that is)? 

The last time I said they were full time I got shot down. Being full time is clearly a waste of time and money taking the last few week in isolation. They clearly don't train on what they need for the match. 

(Errmm...... If I was coach I would fire a thousand balls in at Tobis feet, until he began to retain it, because he clearly can't cushion a ball. It's basic ball sense that most people who play sports have from an early age) . 

2 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I'm confused are we full time, part time or hybrid full time (whatever that is)? 

A waste of time.

• Like 3

Is it just me or did anyone feel that the team looked completely devoid of any confidence yesterday? I keep hearing that the club have a good dressing room but it didn't look like it to me. Nathan Clarke looked down in the dumps when he led the team out and seemed out of sorts all game. If Clarke is like that then you're fighting an uphill battle. 

I did wonder last night if the corona virus and the fact that a couple were missing had played a part but at the end of the day they are all professionals and they have to dig in at times like this. 

The management team looked to be under a lot of stress yesterday. Not a smile amongst anyone before or after the game. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

The management team looked to be under a lot of stress yesterday. Not a smile amongst anyone before or after the game. 

And they are getting a wage, just think how most fans feel, they pay for the privilege.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think like the Ebbsfleet manager said in the pre-match interview, the preparation ws not ideal. They were hanging around at a hotel until late Friday afternoon not knowing if they were getting on the bus or not. It was probably the same for our players, not to the same extent, but the are we playing or are we not scenario. All of this gives no continuity to preparation, I would imagine they are like most of us, they prefer the same routine for games as it helps to keep nerves at bay etc.

Taking all these factors, including the press and social media pressure, I would sympathise somewhat that they were finding it hard to get pumped up for the game, and tbh they all probably just wanted to get it out of the way.

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

I think like the Ebbsfleet manager said in the pre-match interview, the preparation ws not ideal. They were hanging around at a hotel until late Friday afternoon not knowing if they were getting on the bus or not. It was probably the same for our players, not to the same extent, but the are we playing or are we not scenario. All of this gives no continuity to preparation, I would imagine they are like most of us, they prefer the same routine for games as it helps to keep nerves at bay etc.

Taking all these factors, including the press and social media pressure, I would sympathise somewhat that they were finding it hard to get pumped up for the game, and tbh they all probably just wanted to get it out of the way.

If that's the case it would have been good of them to tell us so we didnt bother turning up 

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

I must admit that I was firmly in the postpone the game camp before the game. We don't even know if the season will carry on yet so with that in mind, we should have called it off. 

We all wanted the game yesterday, and now we're all wishing it was called off. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! 

I didn't see Ebbsfleet looking stressed. They were living it large. 

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

If that's the case it would have been good of them to tell us so we didnt bother turning up 

I think they were waiting for guidance from the league or FA, which would have taken the decision out of their hands. That was not forthcoming even though it was flying in the face of the rest of the professional game. With the mixed messages the public has been given from the government over what should be done with public events that attract large crowds, guidance is not enough in this case we need directives backed up by some form of enforcement so that clubs and leagues are left in no doubt as to what they should be doing and the responsibility, or buck, stops with the higher power (government/NHS).   

4 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

We all wanted the game yesterday, and now we're all wishing it was called off. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!! 

I didn't see Ebbsfleet looking stressed. They were living it large. 

Yes, I was one of those who argued that the game should go ahead. Two reasons, I felt the risk of catching the virus was minimal and secondly, I felt we would have had a good chance of putting 3 points on the board, much needed in light of the recent performance and not wanting to get further behind with a growing backlog.

However, if somebody had said to me you have 2 choices, play the game and lose 0-1 or cancel the game, which of the 2 do you think I would have chosen.

Yes, it is no use crying over split milk, but hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing.

• Like 1