Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game @home to Ebbsfleet

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

The team we fielded was the problem. As I've asked already, where do we expect goals to  come from othe than Rodney/Redshaw? Who creates the chances for them? At home we dont need to set up so negative. 

Sam

Hanson       brown     clarke   williams

Staunton or cooper

Josh mac                                     Allen

King

Rodney           Redshaw 

Obviously when all are fit

That is the perfect way of describing the set up and the performance today. Negative. 

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

No he got it wrong. He simply was stronger and I don’t blame the forward for being mad 

We thought so at the time, why he completed 90 minutes i will never know :doh:

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Free kick all day. There's a shoulder badge and there's absolutely flying into someone which IMO their player did. The worst one was the foul given against Cooper when their player took him out and jumped on top of his back. How their player kept a straight face when he asked the ref how many more times is beyond me. 

First half ? It was a foul by Cooper (backing in)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

That's how it looked to us too.

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Was it feck. Cooper stood still. He stopped a d watched for their player but deffo stood still. Their player expected Cooper to jump before he did but still a mistimed header by their man. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Thought we were reasonable at times in the first half but second half was truly shocking

First 15 minutes we zipped it about quite nicely. Then Clarke played 3 hopeless attempts, few moans in the crowd and we fell to bits.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

I do think you get a much better view of the game from sitting in the stand and can see what is going wrong easier. Some managers have done it before. I dont see PW doing much else on the sideline 

Apart from shouting at the 4th official for 80 minutes 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

He is a dreadful dreadful footballer. People give TSS stick, but Binnom Willilams isn’t fit to lace his boots.

Binnom effective higher up the pitch, like if he was in HBOS car park directing traffic

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I did? What’s your point. Let me guess if I watched it on tv it doesn’t make me a supporter eyyy

Well you keep questioning the players commitment. Where’s yours? Commitment counts a lot if your commentating on the aspects of the game does it not?

• Like 1

I went to the game and the players commitment is not an issue as they all looked really frustrated. The realism is we are just not clicking at the moment and many of our players would do really well in other teams some at a higher level. We are missing a creative mid fielder and CB big time. With these and the currant squad i believe we would challenge

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Guido said:

He's been hypocritical criticizing the Calderdale public for not supporting the team and has not gone himself? Problem?

Sometimes you have got to let go and let your kids defend themselves.

I normally do. If you don't know the circumstances why he didn't go. Don't comment. 

Just now, shaymanrik said:

I went to the game and the players commitment is not an issue as they all looked really frustrated. The realism is we are just not clicking at the moment and many of our players would do really well in other teams some at a higher level. We are missing a creative mid fielder and CB big time. With these and the currant squad i believe we would challenge

They all looked devoid of any confidence and yes they do need a creative midfielder but another thing the team lacked tonight was a leader. If you can combine the two then happy days. I can recall Maher giving a few bollockings and it was good to see but lots of players went missing tonight when all that was needed was maybe two or three to put a performance in and we'd have the 3 points. 

• Like 1

Second time in a week we're at home and we have dropped points.

The manager apparently 'shook' things up since last week's dross, to yet serve up some more!

Who is at fault now? On the second week in of this slide, the players, or the manager?

Training this week has had zero effect! Is that the manager fault? He talks the talk, but is it all show, as his players are out of sorts?

Entertainment where is it PW? You promised it? I would rather have a good go and see what happens rather than trippy tap to yet another defeat.

Maher normally gives a bollocking when he's made a mistake . To be fair to JBW, Ebbsfleet had targeted that position expecting Browny to play, he looked better when higher up the field and was our only defender trying to play to feet . Danny Williams was ineffective and Jeff King was having a bad day . The good news was it was just like watching Halifax Town

• Like 1

The only televised game in Europe (probably) and they turned in that turgid bag of absolute cat wank display , absolute shameful , just **** off 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaymen0 said:

Well you keep questioning the players commitment. Where’s yours? Commitment counts a lot if your commentating on the aspects of the game does it not?

I go every home game. Halesowen and today I’ve missed. Sorry if my commitment isn’t good enough for you 

1 hour ago, Caygillwashere said:

Second time in a week we're at home and we have dropped points.

The manager apparently 'shook' things up since last week's dross, to yet serve up some more!

Who is at fault now? On the second week in of this slide, the players, or the manager?

Training this week has had zero effect! Is that the manager fault? He talks the talk, but is it all show, as his players are out of sorts?

Entertainment where is it PW? You promised it? I would rather have a good go and see what happens rather than trippy tap to yet another defeat.

Training? I see no evidence that took place. If it does they dont practice passing. They clearly practice those nice floaty corners though bet there a real hit in training when theres no sodding defenders :doh:

36 minutes ago, Jmc said:

The only televised game in Europe (probably) and they turned in that turgid bag of absolute cat wank display , absolute shameful , just **** off 

It's Halifax town. The big show comes to town and we make tits of ourselves. Would it be Halifax town if anything else happened? 

One good thing though.

I happened to be sat next to a Huddersfield Town season ticket holder, who lived in Hebden Bridge, who had come along because she needed her football "fix". So the offer of half price entry to fans from other local sides seems to have paid dividends. So well done to the commercial team at Halifax Town.

Funnily enough, half way through the game she turned to me and asked if this was how Halifax usually played, in reference to the number of pointless long balls we kept playing, as it reminded her of how Huddersfield used to play when they were in the lower leagues and unsuccessful. She also asked why we were playing with no midfield:o 

On the bright side, she had enjoyed her visit to the Shay, it had been some years since she had last visited, as she found the ground to have come on in leaps and bounds, and that the atmosphere was friendly and everyone was welcoming. She would certainly come back even if the standard of play was not as good as she was used to, as it was important to support clubs in the lower leagues when possible.

I felt sorry for her as the week before she had been at Elland Road, in a stadium with a full house and a derby match full of passion and effort. Oh, how I yearn for those days..... 

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

One good thing though.

I happened to be sat next to a Huddersfield Town season ticket holder, who lived in Hebden Bridge, who had come along because she needed her football "fix". So the offer of half price entry to fans from other local sides seems to have paid dividends. So well done to the commercial team at Halifax Town.

Funnily enough, half way through the game she turned to me and asked if this was how Halifax usually played, in reference to the number of pointless long balls we kept playing, as it reminded her of how Huddersfield used to play when they were in the lower leagues and unsuccessful. She also asked why we were playing with no midfield:o 

On the bright side, she had enjoyed her visit to the Shay, it had been some years since she had last visited, as she found the ground to have come on in leaps and bounds, and that the atmosphere was friendly and everyone was welcoming. She would certainly come back even if the standard of play was not as good as she was used to, as it was important to support clubs in the lower leagues when possible.

I felt sorry for her as the week before she had been at Elland Road, in a stadium with a full house and a derby match full of passion and effort. Oh, how I yearn for those days..... 

At least you know your tinder app is doing the business

8 hours ago, Guido said:

Question for those who watched on TV in the 2nd half their forward challenged Bin Man for the ball which looked like a shoulder charge and took the ball off him.

Was it a free kick or did the Ref get it wrong?

Never a free kick in a million year.

A few saying wait until PW has brought his own players in for next summer, well I quite frankly dread his signings the reason being we have sadly lacked an attacking MF player right from preseason yet we are still waiting and he seems to like Cooper a definite defensive player who tbh didn´t show a great deal before having his contract extended. Also bare in mind we have only 5 players contracted for next season, Sam, Brown, Hanson, Earing & Allen, along with an option to offer Redshaw a contract should he play a required number of games. Plus look where some of last years promotion pushing teams are this season.

• Like 4

I like PW and support him but my main point is without a Redshaw/King behind a front 2 then where will any assists for goals come from? I like Redshaw and Rodney up top but nolan,cooper,staunton for all their positive attributes wont create a goal. I think we will have a break now due to this virus then god knows what will happen but if/when we carry on we need king and Allen back and at least 1 midfielder signing.