Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game @home to Ebbsfleet

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Cooper is the better midfielder out of staunton or nolan,  does alot wrong but does alot more right than either of them 2. Cooper was better than them both today aswel 

Staunton is WAY better than him. Don’t get me wrong cooper can tackle but his passing is dog ****! Nolan wouldn’t be near the team if king was fit

21 minutes ago, greygoose said:

You can't play the ball on the deck at this level because most players dont have the ability to do it. We did get into good crossing positions a few times at which point Redshaw was in there but Rodney stayed on the edge of the box, why?. We need strikers who attack crosses if thats how were gonna play.

I have seen clubs at this level play fast attacking football on the deck just like JF and PW promised we would play. We cannot sign that type of player either because of lack of budget or lack of a scouting network

Just now, Shaytrev said:

We do not have a midfielder, we have known for months and done sweet FA about it. We are going knowwhere but down under the present leadership who are an embarrassment.

Agree with the first part. I hope you're wrong on the other part. 

Just now, Shergar4 said:

Where was he played? 

He was either on the right or attacking Midfield at times. If you think he played as a centre forward they must have changed the definition. 

1 minute ago, Guido said:

I thought you said you watched it on TV :doh:

I did? What’s your point. Let me guess if I watched it on tv it doesn’t make me a supporter eyyy

7 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Imagine preferring tobi up front rather than redshaw or rodney... 

Imagine having a go at 1 player all season and then the penny finally drops...

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

He was either on the right or attacking Midfield at times. If you think he played as a centre forward they must have changed the definition. 

I’m sure he was asked to play as a centre forward in a 3-5-2 formation. As mentioned previously him and redshaw were having to drop too deep due to the space between our 3 defensive midfielders and the front two

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Where he was asked to play and where he actually played is not the same thing Erik

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

Imagine having a go at 1 player all season and then the penny finally drops...

What penny has dropped? Tobi is woeful. Rodney and redshaw are ten times better and we wont get quality like them 2 next season

Don’t know what people see in Cooper. Yes, he puts the odd good tackle in (generally after making an error I may add) but he is incapable of passing an accurate pass forward. All he does is pass backwards and sideways with no urgency. 

Nolan is no better either. The game just bypasses him. He offers nothing in either attack or defence. The moment I saw those two lined up together I was worried. 

We desperately need a Collins type player to take the ball off the defence and drive us forward quicker. We need another centre back too. JBW is too much of a liability defensively if Brown is injured.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I can honestly now see why our crowds are so poor and the Calderdale public don’t come watch us. It really does put into perspective how bad it is. I’m glad I support the town I’m from even through bad and good but sometimes when it’s bad it really does get you down! 

Completely agree with you on this. There was a thread a bit back asking why the crowds are low for Calderdale. Games like these are the reason why. Football and any sport that you pay to watch is supposed to be entertaining and the reason you pay is because you probably could not do it yourself. When the standered though is low it does not attract people. Good opportunity today missed. 

Just waiting for Wilds interview to say Ebbsfleet are one of the best sides he’s seen this season (there’s been 22 of them) and that we dominated the play!

1 hour ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Appalling.

Jeff King ok, Redshaw had a decent first half and Cooper at least put a shift in. The rest should be ashamed.

Rodney disinterested. What is the point in Staunton? He’s not a midfielder and a complete headless chicken. 

What a waste of a trip.

Is it really the players fault? The comments above look like it was. 

This one was solely down to the selection and how they were set up. Negative PLAN A FAILED. Who prepared Plan A? .... The man with no Plan B or C. 10 minutes in, you could predict how the game would end. He's so stubborn it's unbelievable. 

We were at home against a poor team for gods sake. Embarrassing. Season over. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shergar4 said:

Where he was asked to play and where he actually played is not the same thing Erik

He didn't play as a ce tee forward in the game I watched. For the majority of the game he was way too deep even when our Midfield was in front of him. Look at his effort from about 40 yards out. Why the hel was he in that position? He who ukd have been further forward waiting for a ball in from either a centre half or a defender. I do get your point but he's absolutely no use so far back. However Redhsaw who did drop deeper to kick the ball up and link the attack, the attack being him and nobody else was always available and had one thing on his kind which was to try and go forward and create a chance. 

If you have catchup on your telly and you can stand to watch it again just have a look at what I mean. 

As I said above I do get your point though about our supposed formation. 

16 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

JBW doesn’t deserve to take Williams place on current form .....why would we just ‘try’ players in various positions 

Because Binnom is more effective higher up the pitch. At least he can cross a ball. Has a shot as well. 

3 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

What penny has dropped? Tobi is woeful. Rodney and redshaw are ten times better and we wont get quality like them 2 next season

6 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Well your blaming the service to the strikers now but it was never mentioned when Tobi played half a season upfront on his own, it was all his fault.

I'm not suggesting Tobi's a better anyway just makes me laugh some believed it was all him.

I hope we get better than Redshaw next season he's probably played well twice.

It appears to be open season in slagging off the majority of players. They surely can't all be bad..... . They were worldbeaters a few games back. We can't find a way to break down organised teams, and we persist in changing nothing in the game.

It's up to the manager to shake it up when it's going wrong, instead of putting his energy in to berrating officials. 

Edited by shaymen_x

Wild's comments in the courier are laughable "We have looked sharp all week" :D

20 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I have seen clubs at this level play fast attacking football on the deck just like JF and PW promised we would play. We cannot sign that type of player either because of lack of budget or lack of a scouting network

Which teams? Some play better football than others but even the better ones go long a lot. 

Just now, Guido said:

Oh my lord.....I don’t want to even read it it might tip me over the edge 

Just now, Guido said:

He´s talking about you and Pete with your championship winning ways.:P

• Like 1