Hoddie

Conference games go ahead

where does it stop this week one team ihas isolated 3 players , next week another 3 etc for another 4 months approx,. think this is the end of the season but how does it pan out from here. Harrogate could keep saying each week a player is suffering then another 7 days isolation they are second and could easily say we deserve to be promoted. really can't see how this will pan out.

Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

More people that have it are likely to still go to shops and will be coughing on,  touching and breathing on the same products that you are touching

It's those idiots who are spreading it that should be shot at dawn. There will be people with definite symptoms knowingly spreading it like wildfire. I don't buy the silent supercarrier myth. 

2 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

FC Halifax Town the only game to be televised in the whole of Europe... 

That's an amazing fact, but there's no emoji on here for that.

What's the odds it goes ahead?

Edited by shaymen_x

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Personally I think you are overreacting as are many people who I see on a daily basis ramming there trollies full with 75 packets of toilet rule. It's a virus. You might get it you might not however chances are you will recover, the people who are dying from it have underlying health issues. This isn't me playing it down but I said it earlier. I work in retail where I encounter thousands of people every day. Should I be saying I dont want to go in. We cant just all live in a cave for the next 3 months. If postponing games is what you think will help but in my own personal view I think it will do bugger all to prevent it spreading. 

The point that most people are missing is the passing on of the bug. You may be able to carry on blissfully unaware that you are carrying it, then you could pass it to several people without ever knowing it was you. Personally Im not to bothered, I'll be there tomorrow, but I find it really disturbing how naïve people are being. The worlds leading chemists &scientists dont get their knickers in a twist over nothing. And you, working in retail really should be more aware of the risks involved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Not strictly true Lammie, we all have the choice. And if several of our players were to make that choice then there is no game. The PFA should now step in.

Not true Tommy. Workers don’t have the choice. Like the lady on the checkout at Tesco. The bus driver. Any worker. The footballer is no different surely?  

1 minute ago, Lammie said:

Not true Tommy. Workers don’t have the choice. Like the lady on the checkout at Tesco. The bus driver. Any worker. The footballer is no different surely?  

Yes but it's not really a business is it, especially at our level. At the moment it's not a level playing field. 

2 minutes ago, Lammie said:

We're gonna have to disagree mate. Every single person has to make the best choice for themselves, but, dont start wittering if you end up bedridden, you have been warned. There are whole cities across the world in lock down, but here in good old Halifax UK we are obviously immune.

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

The point that most people are missing is the passing on of the bug. You may be able to carry on blissfully unaware that you are carrying it, then you could pass it to several people without ever knowing it was you. Personally Im not to bothered, I'll be there tomorrow, but I find it really disturbing how naïve people are being. The worlds leading chemists &scientists dont get their knickers in a twist over nothing. And you, working in retail really should be more aware of the risks involved.

Yes exactly but If i am not coughing and spluttering by the end of the weekend I would be expected to report to work at 9am Monday morning. Life has to go on. 

I understand your viewpoint. 

However theres thousands of people cramming onto a tube every day down London. Theres thousands of people daily walking into a supermarket carrying on there lives. There footballers there lives matter but not more than yours or mine. Will you be expected to go Into work on your next shift day if you were well and healthy? 

Where do you draw the line with it all? People still have lives to lead so automatically people will continue to catch it and then pass it on etc. The world cant just shut down for 6 months

• Like 1

I could not fault any player or any fan who does not want to go to The Shay tomorrow. I can understand anyone extremely worried with all the doomsday publicity. I am still going and I think The Oak will be as busy as usual before a game unless the players back out of it tomorrow.  Too long in the tooth to retreat into a cave for an indefinite period.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

Yes exactly but If i am not coughing and spluttering by the end of the weekend I would be expected to report to work at 9am Monday morning. Life has to go on. 

I understand your viewpoint. 

However theres thousands of people cramming onto a tube every day down London. Theres thousands of people daily walking into a supermarket carrying on there lives. There footballers there lives matter but not more than yours or mine. Will you be expected to go Into work on your next shift day if you were well and healthy? 

Where do you draw the line with it all? People still have lives to lead so automatically people will continue to catch it and then pass it on etc. The world cant just shut down for 6 months

Im really not disagreeing Greggs, but watch the news mate, half the world has shut down. Rightly or wrongly its coming our way, but if people choose to self protect by staying at home that's has to be their choice.

It's a sport and it's not essential. Besides football should be leading by example in attempting to restrict the spread. 

• Like 1

By the way I'm hoping we play and thrash ebbsfleet in front of millions. Just hope no-one coughs on me or you. 

Edited by shaymen_x
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

It's a sport and it's not essential. Besides football should be leading by example in attempting to restrict the spread. 

Town have been leading by example for years with regard to restricting football.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Im really not disagreeing Greggs, but watch the news mate, half the world has shut down. Rightly or wrongly its coming our way, but if people choose to self protect by staying at home that's has to be their choice.

Like I say I understand your view point but postponing sport isn't going to stop the spread for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Like I say I understand your view point but postponing sport isn't going to stop the spread for me. 

It may help slow it down and allow the NHS to deal with the peak when it happens 

7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

It's all about risk v exposure. If we play ill jump in the car with mates, have a couple of pre match pints in a busy pub and then stand in a crowd of 1500 almost strangers at the ground. If we don't play I'll vegetate in front of the TV.

Which scenario am I most at risk from? Duh

Edited by shaymen_x

2 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

It's all about risk v exposure. If we play ill jump in the car with mates, have a couple of pre match pints in a busy pub and then stand in a crowd of 1500 almost strangers at the ground. If we don't play I'll vegitate in front of the TV.

Which scenario am I most at risk from? Duh

After you have finished "vegitating infront of the tv" 

Would you then need to go out to the supermarket to buy food. 

Would you need to go out to work, 

You cant vegitate infront of the TV for the next 6 months. Every time you leave the house your at risk football or no football 

You cant vegitate infront of the TV for the next 6 months. Every time you leave the house your at risk football or no football 

Surely stopping something that isnt a necessity helps reduce your risk? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greggs said:

No id send my wife out to the supermarket, watch more TV and then grudgingly suffer work. 

Leagues below the National League have suspended games till the 4th April at least. I am at a loss as to why the National League has decided to carry on 

4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Someone actually gets my point. Thanks. 

(sometimes I think some brains have self isolated from their owners) 

Over and out. 

Dave

Edited by shaymen_x

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Fair point. However personally nothing reduces my risk. I'd suggest I work in an industry most at risk