Hoddie

Conference games go ahead

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

I do appreciate that you are probably joking, but I dont think this is a joking matter. Besides, just consider this, if you take away all the old grey headed codgers from the weekly support and you haven't got anyone left. its those old codgers who have made sure that this club still survives to this day.

Bit of fun a  bit of truth 

those at risk are older or those with underlying health problems .. they are the one who should think about if they should go 

2 hours ago, Lewis said:

Strange decision given that I imagine the league'll be postponed come next weekend, but it's one that I'll take regardless. Fingers crossed we get a good pay day from the Prem/EFL season ticket holders off too.

If this is to be our last game for a while, let's go out with a bang.

With it being on TV. Hard to imagine too many floaters attending. I will be sitting virus free on my sofa.

23 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Our game is the last televised game of the year. An 8-0 rout cultivates a huge following of football starved fans including Real Madrid manager Zidane who sees Tobi Sho Silva score six prompting an offer of £25 million plus Gareth Bale. Town go on to win the Premiership and European Cup. Tobi passes Messis scoring record and wins successive balons  d’or. Bale boo’d by the East Stand for failing to gerrit forrard and retires to run a B and B in Prestatyn. Deluded Daz makes a fortune after dinner speaking after taking the credit for it all......

Fullarton rightly credited for first “discovering” TSS, immediately joins Manchester United’s team as chief scout. Makes them spend their whole budget on an ex-Bolton youth player with a flattering agent-compiled video of him running down the wing at Newport County a couple of times. It doesn’t quite work out, and they are forced to sell on Fernandes, replacing him with Simon Lenighan on a rolling monthly contract.

2 hours ago, kit said:

Personally, I'm more interested in Tuesday's fixture, as we have train tickets to consider!

I suspect it will be off. The fact they share the ground with Arsenal will have them pappin it! More brass wasted.

3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I will go obviously, but regardless, I still think its the wrong decision. If all the league clubs and other sporting events are postponed then there should have been a blanket decision made to postpone all events. All this does is throw complete confusion over everything. I pose the question as I did the other day, what if a third of our team or indeed any other team decide they dont want to risk turning out. What about the staff working at the club who may not wish to be there. People need to wake up to the fact that this is a serious issue that's occurring world wide, peoples lives are more important than a game of football.

We all knoww it is a serious issue, but take precautions where necesssary.

Solihull v Harrogate is off tonight as Harrogate have 4 members of staff self isolating, if we nor Ebbsfleet have none why can't we play?

I suspect 1 by 1 the games will start to get called off. I doubt we will end up playing tomorrow. Be abit **** if the season doesn't get finished. Given our current league standing, suspect Liverpool and Leeds would be feeling the same way 

8 minutes ago, Shayite 432 said:

We all knoww it is a serious issue, but take precautions where necesssary.

Solihull v Harrogate is off tonight as Harrogate have 4 members of staff self isolating, if we nor Ebbsfleet have none why can't we play?

Ive posed this question a couple of time already but no one seems to want to throw any comments at it. What if the players themselves dont want to risk playing. Just because we want our weekly fix it doesn't mean they have to put themselves at risk.

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Ive posed this question a couple of time already but no one seems to want to throw any comments at it. What if the players themselves dont want to risk playing. Just because we want our weekly fix it doesn't mean they have to put themselves at risk.

Do we have many players over 60? Or who have just come back from a cruise?

If anything they should all be fit as butchers dogs.

4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Notice Browny has said it's a disgrace the league hasn't called off games, in all honesty I am shocked that they haven't. If we play tomorrow I would imagine that will be the last game for a while 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Their job is playing football Tommy. Like everybody else, you do your job until it’s called off or you are sick. Lots of workers might not want to do it but there it is.

• Like 1

Just now, ITMAN said:

There are players at loads of clubs now who are suffering the effects, and sadly ITman I think your attitude towards the lads well being stinks. They have families just like we do. I can choose to go or stay at home, my question is, can they

1 minute ago, Lammie said:

Their job is playing football Tommy. Like everybody else, you do your job until it’s called off or you are sick. Lots of workers might not want to do it but there it is.

Not strictly true Lammie, we all have the choice. And if several of our players were to make that choice then there is no game. The PFA should now step in.

5 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Why has Arteta/Hudson Odei just come back from a cruise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

There are players at loads of clubs now who are suffering the effects, and sadly ITman I think your attitude towards the lads well being stinks. They have families just like we do. I can choose to go or stay at home, my question is, can they

Personally I think you are overreacting as are many people who I see on a daily basis ramming there trollies full with 75 packets of toilet rule. It's a virus. You might get it you might not however chances are you will recover, the people who are dying from it have underlying health issues. This isn't me playing it down but I said it earlier. I work in retail where I encounter thousands of people every day. Should I be saying I dont want to go in. We cant just all live in a cave for the next 3 months. If postponing games is what you think will help but in my own personal view I think it will do bugger all to prevent it spreading. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lammie said:

But that's not the point. I know some of the matches are off because players have the virus, but the point is that the virus will spread in large congregations of people. This will speed up the spread and naturally increase the volume of fatalities in doing so. 

Im my opinion it should be off. It's a simple decision which will avoid speculation all the way up to 17:20 tomorrow. 

However, I'll still be there supporting the team, not chained to my armchair. 

Edited by shaymen_x

5 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Good to see you living up to your name.

More people that have it are likely to still go to shops and will be coughing on,  touching and breathing on the same products that you are touching

• Like 1