Hoddie

Conference games go ahead

2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Not the correct decision in my opinion.

You don't have to attend . I would advise anyone who thinks the game should not go ahead to stay away

• Like 4

Strange decision given that I imagine the league'll be postponed come next weekend, but it's one that I'll take regardless. Fingers crossed we get a good pay day from the Prem/EFL season ticket holders off too.

If this is to be our last game for a while, let's go out with a bang.

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You don't have to attend . I would advise anyone who thinks the game should not go ahead to stay away

I will go obviously, but regardless, I still think its the wrong decision. If all the league clubs and other sporting events are postponed then there should have been a blanket decision made to postpone all events. All this does is throw complete confusion over everything. I pose the question as I did the other day, what if a third of our team or indeed any other team decide they dont want to risk turning out. What about the staff working at the club who may not wish to be there. People need to wake up to the fact that this is a serious issue that's occurring world wide, peoples lives are more important than a game of football.

Just make sure you stand a metre from everybody .. else .. plenty of room at the shay 

also the old miserable buggers in the east stand should perhaps not go .. as it really just affects old codgers 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Just make sure you stand a metre from everybody .. else .. plenty of room at the shay 

also the old miserable buggers in the east stand should perhaps not go .. as it really just affects old codgers 

I do appreciate that you are probably joking, but I dont think this is a joking matter. Besides, just consider this, if you take away all the old grey headed codgers from the weekly support and you haven't got anyone left. its those old codgers who have made sure that this club still survives to this day.

9 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I do appreciate that you are probably joking, but I dont think this is a joking matter. Besides, just consider this, if you take away all the old grey headed codgers from the weekly support and you haven't got anyone left. its those old codgers who have made sure that this club still survives to this day.

Time & time again re survival, anyone under 20/25 probably never experienced the ignominy of yet another bucket collection for survival, no wonder we are miserable had to watch Town for more years than we can remember.

Okay, sensible me thinks this is a stupid and reckless decision.

Stupid and reckless me however thinks this is funny and that we'll get a ridiculously large TV audience but that it'll be the last before the season is abandoned.

41 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Strange decision given that I imagine the league'll be postponed come next weekend, but it's one that I'll take regardless. Fingers crossed we get a good pay day from the Prem/EFL season ticket holders off too.

If this is to be our last game for a while, let's go out with a bang.

And a cough

Personally, I'm more interested in Tuesday's fixture, as we have train tickets to consider!

strange that leagues with smaller crowds have cancelled fixtures but the national league hasn't.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Tonights game at Solihull v Harrogate is off.

Apparently Harrogate have several members of staff in isolation.

45 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Less of the old grey hair codgers Tommy these are highlights which cost a lot of money each month.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Less of the old grey hair codgers Tommy these are highlights which cost a lot of money each month.

Hey listen Dj, I'm proud of my grey stuff. And so far haven't had to shell out a penny to get them.

30 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

A future quiz question - which ground played host to the final televised game of the ill-fated 2019/20 season?

As Father Dougal might say "Who's that then Ted". Actually the players could turn it into a bit of a drama and start dropping like flies, rolling around like they've been poleaxed. Oh hang on, they already do that.

23 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

A fixture pule up for the others could play into our hands

Apart from the fact we have played less games than everyone in the league apart from Barnet 

So are we going to get an above average crowd for this or not? Felt we were down a little from where we should be last Saturday, and things have escalated from there.

I have a sneaky suspicion our match will fall victim. 

Browny isn't happy with the decision to play and I've just had a message from a player who said "we shall see" and did the eyes emoji. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it only takes one of the players to lie and say they don't feel so good.