Sign in to follow this  
Papa Lazarou

2 New players

Now has to be the time to back the manager off the pitch by allowing him the 2 players he wants. There are probably 14 teams with play off ambitions, a true test of nerve and desire on and off the pitch. Surely the club can afford the 2 months wages that would be needed, a play off season would more than cover that expense I would have thought. 

Midfielder and a striker on loan for me. You can never have enough goalscorers specially at this time of year. Remember the evo stik winning season we were scoring buckets of goals and we added to it by bringing Gregory in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We've got wingers we don't use . Are you watching the same games as the rest of us poor sods

We've wingers we dont use, we have players we play out of position on the wings! Agree

20 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Now has to be the time to back the manager off the pitch by allowing him the 2 players he wants. There are probably 14 teams with play off ambitions, a true test of nerve and desire on and off the pitch. Surely the club can afford the 2 months wages that would be needed, a play off season would more than cover that expense I would have thought. 

Midfielder and a striker needed for me. Striker to bring on if Redshaw, Allen and Rodney get Injured and we clearly lack a Maynard/Pearson type player. 

But now really has to be the time we back the manager and get us over the line and finish in them play offs. 2 months wages should be fine for DB let’s be honest. 

12 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Midfielder and a striker on loan for me. You can never have enough goalscorers specially at this time of year. Remember the evo stik winning season we were scoring buckets of goals and we added to it by bringing Gregory in. 

Agree 

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Some players might want 14 months rather than 2

Well that’s DBs choice but can’t imagine many players wanting a 14 month contract when the season ends soon. They will surely want to weigh up their options.

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Some players might want 14 months rather than 2

If they are free agents at this stage of the season you would have thought being in the shop window for 2 months would for the bill 

• Like 1

Midfielder and a centre back for me. We are lacking options in midfield and personally feel there is room for improvement there anyway. Centre back the only two options we have should Brown get injured again is moving Staunton back, leaving us even lighter in midfield or JBW who doesn't fill you with confidence. 

Wild hinted a week or two ago he wanted a midfielder and a left wing back as cover for Williams. Don't see the point in a wing back as you've got JBW who can cover there. As for people mentioning a striker, we've already got 4. No way we'd sign another unless we somehow offloaded one.

13 minutes ago, AJS said:

Midfielder and a centre back for me. We are lacking options in midfield and personally feel there is room for improvement there anyway. Centre back the only two options we have should Brown get injured again is moving Staunton back, leaving us even lighter in midfield or JBW who doesn't fill you with confidence. 

Wild hinted a week or two ago he wanted a midfielder and a left wing back as cover for Williams. Don't see the point in a wing back as you've got JBW who can cover there. As for people mentioning a striker, we've already got 4. No way we'd sign another unless we somehow offloaded one.

I’d say we have 3 strikers imo. One I wouldn’t class as a striker 

Leeds have loads of them, they even have one signed from Leipzig in the transfer window who can't even make the bench. Even if his match fitness was not up to 90 mins in the Championship, I am sure he could put in a stint at National League level and make a difference. We would be doing Leeds a favour giving him a regular run out in a competitive game each week between now and the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Leeds have loads of them, they even have one signed from Leipzig in the transfer window who can't even make the bench. Even if his match fitness was not up to 90 mins in the Championship, I am sure he could put in a stint at National League level and make a difference. We would be doing Leeds a favour giving him a regular run out in a competitive game each week between now and the end of the season.

Dunno if you’re taking the piss

TJ - I am pointing out the inequalities in football, where one club can have a surfeit of players to choose from and another struggles to get any new players into their squad.

It should be seen as more tongue in cheek rather than a piss take.:D

Edited by ITMAN

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

If they are free agents at this stage of the season you would have thought being in the shop window for 2 months would for the bill 

Or even still we could give them 2 months with an option of a further year if they play say 75% of our remaining games, or if we get promoted. 

37 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Dunno if you’re taking the piss

There's plenty of championship clubs loaning other to national league and even below. It's not as rare. 

Might be before your time but wasn't Felix Bastians in the the championship at the time we had him? A German u21 international.  

There was a lad at Huddersfield playing on loan as full back and recalled to play against leeds.  Carl Rushworth is on loan from Brighton and even below us. 

The clubs around us want us dead so doubt they'll help us out in the loan market. But it could be viable from some other club. 

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Or even still we could give them 2 months with an option of a further year if they play say 75% of our remaining games, or if we get promoted. 

Or if they show any resemblance of being able to play football better than what we have available now

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

There's plenty of championship clubs loaning other to national league and even below. It's not as rare. 

Might be before your time but wasn't Felix Bastians in the the championship at the time we had him? A German u21 international.  

There was a lad at Huddersfield playing on loan as full back and recalled to play against leeds.  Carl Rushworth is on loan from Brighton and even below us. 

The clubs around us want us dead so doubt they'll help us out in the loan market. But it could be viable from some other club. 

Do you think Leeds see Halifax a a threat? You should see the looks of pity I get when people ask me who I support:)

Just now, ITMAN said:

Do you think Leeds see Halifax a a threat? You should see the looks of pity I get when people ask me who I support:)

If we didn't exist it would potentially create families of Leeds fans instead of Town fans. It all helps. Even Manchester United would rather fans in Halifax supported thrm rather than us. 

7 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

If we didn't exist it would potentially create families of Leeds fans instead of Town fans. It all helps. Even Manchester United would rather fans in Halifax supported thrm rather than us. 

So in this utopian world of Premiership football, there is no needs for grass roots football or a "pyramid" which acts as a feeder league to the promised land? We might as well go the whole hog and have a closed Premiership based on franchises based on the NFL model then we would all be able to shut up shop and go watch the big boys. 

Another striker? We invested in Rodney and Redshaw and people were creaming their pants! Although I’m not sure Rodney is 100% fit at the moment but they both should be the 2 up top. Allen is far more effective impacting a game when its stretched later on and Tobi will still have a big part to play.

If we can get Rodney, Redshaw and King back on form we actually don’t need anyone else. It’s just peoples form and fitness has just dipped the last few weeks, we have still only lost 2 league games in nearly 3 months and a win on Saturday coupled with any points picked up in the games in hand puts us in a much better position.

Two midfielders for me 

one for cooper and one for Cam King 

front line good enough with Service 

back line good enough with cover ...

two midfielders please 

We need to stop playing in the clouds, bring in Messi and Ronaldo but if the ball is 100 feet in the air you might as well sign my grandma who lives up there now.

• Haha 2