• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think people may know that I am biased toward the NHS. In the past couple of weeks my dad has complained of chest and back pain. He is 90 and fairly fit, for his age. It got worse on Friday and we r

I must admit how some are using the pandemic as a chance to political point score is depressing. No country could have been prepared for it - you could argue countries could have been better prepared

It's full of nutters Funky. Silly idiots treating it like it's every man for themself and itake all too selfish.   I've some time on my hands so if anybody elderly or who live on their own and ca

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

It's irrelevant. Until and unless someone in authority tells us that actually, everyone's over-reacted and we can all return to normal, I couldn't care less if gunshot victims who had the virus were included in the daily stats. The vast majority of people who work in the healthcare industry are telling us this is serious, as serious as they've ever seen it, and the numbers are climbing daily.

At last count 55 doctors have died in Italy while treating victims of this virus. Would they have died treating victims of seasonal flu? That's 550 years of training and countless centuries of experience that cannot be replaced overnight. In one small corner of Europe. If the same happens here - and all the evidence suggests we're following the same trajectory - this will affect the NHS for years.

There are people who read this forum with family working daily to deal with this ****. I think you're being incredibly insensitive with your conspiracy shite.

And I'm not even sure what your obsession with 5G has to do with this virus.

Using emotion in your argument is a dirty tactic.

If you had kept up you would know a good reason as to what 5G is to do with the virus. Forget about the health dangers for now, not enough research has been done, this I have posted about and proved with a video from the American Congressman. 

In China the surveillance system is powered by 5G, facial recognition, the whole works. They now brag how they can trace/follow everyone with their system, even tell where they have been, who they have been with. Great when their is a pandemic, who could deny?

When the pandemic is over, do you think this surveillance will end in China?

As we are in lock down 5G is being installed all over Britain, even during the night. Proof all over the internet. I am sure you believe the same surveillance in China will never be used here.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

If you had kept up you would know a good reason as to what 5G is to do with the virus. Forget about the health dangers for now, not enough research has been done, this I have posted about and proved with a video from the American Congressman. 

In China the surveillance system is powered by 5G, facial recognition, the whole works. They now brag how they can trace/follow everyone with their system, even tell where they have been, who they have been with. Great when their is a pandemic, who could deny?

As we are in lock down 5G is being installed all over Britain, even during the night. Proof all over the internet. I am sure you believe the same surveillance in China will never be used here.

I wouldn't take anything a British politician says as proof of anything, why would I take what a US politician says in any other way? Most US politicians are so in hock to big business that very little of what they say can be taken seriously.

Am I worried about 5G? I haven't given it a moment's thought to be honest. They were installing it before this virus started so I still don't see the connection. Am I concerned that our liberties and privacy will be forever eroded due to 'temporary' limits introduced during this period? Of course. I've been worried about that since the 1990s and the various measures introduced under the guise of preventing terrorism. We're a country that's dealt with terrorism for a century without needing to limit the hard-won liberty and privacy of ordinary citizens, but suddenly Islamic terrorism comes along and it's an excuse everyone swallowed. The "if you've nothing to hide you've nothing to fear" brigade won the argument 30 years ago, it's a lost battle as far as I'm concerned.

There is one good thing that may come from all this. The country could pay such a heavy price for dealing with this virus that people realise they no longer wish their lives to be at the gift of corporations and government. Everything changed after World War 2, the common man was sick of fighting and sacrificing just to told to return to their hovel and an 80-hour week in exchange for a shit sandwich. Perhaps changes of a similar life-changing level are coming. Our forefathers won us the NHS, the welfare state, decent housing, paid holidays, sick leave and maternity leave. Who knows what can be won next.

If this virus has proven one thing, it is that when the government says "we can't afford" - what they actually mean is "we don't want to do that". Now we know differently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

60 people in hospital with Covid-19 currently, was only 6 last week!!! 

Are they actually in hospital or is it how many cases we have had ?, I think the first case was reported a while back so I imagine that person has recovered .

The numbers have risen rapidly in last few days but I don't think it's 60 active cases , unless it's 60 active cases and those who recover are not included.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

your not reyt

This thing puts fear into you like nothing else.  

I've got asthma and the slightest asthmatic cough is terrifying. Those with it will know what I mean about consistent coughing. 

Now I've got a very close friend who is like a 2nd mum to me come down with flu like symptoms, which also makes me worry and think. 

I know we all cope differently but this virus has me absolutely in fear and paranoia. 

I saw the Facebook post earlier of the fella who was so matter of fact about being 50/50. His family is a regular at the Shay and it's so scary and surreal. 

Fair play for the clapping tonight. Clapping doesn't beat a virus but the morale booster helps. Stay safe everybody.  

28 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

This thing puts fear into you like nothing else.  

The media is putting fear into you/us.

We should all be taking precautions, keeping our distance, keeping clean etc... and certainly lets not just dismiss every report as BS and say there is no danger.

HOWEVER, stop listening to the news every few hours, stop clicking on all the news articles, the "expert" opinions, the celebs talking about it, or "friend of friend" stories. 

On Tuesday/Wednesday last week I must have checked the infected/death figures almost hourly. I got so engrossed in it and it was freaking me out and starting to get me a bit worried. Every little cough I had had me worried as a result. This week I've totally zoned out to the figures being given out. I'm not ignoring it or putting my fingers in my ears pretending its not going on - and I know the reported figures have got a LOT worse in the past 7 days, however my anxiety about it and my worry (for want of a better word) has been a lot less this week. 

Get a brief update to see if any major changes have happened, then just zone out of the almost 24/7 media. The fear they are spreading is not helping anyone and making a tense situation worse. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, Flea said:

We should all be taking precautions, keeping our distance, keeping clean etc... and certainly lets not just dismiss every report as BS and say there is no danger.

HOWEVER, stop listening to the news every few hours, stop clicking on all the news articles, the "expert" opinions, the celebs talking about it, or "friend of friend" stories. 

On Tuesday/Wednesday last week I must have checked the infected/death figures almost hourly. I got so engrossed in it and it was freaking me out and starting to get me a bit worried. Every little cough I had had me worried as a result. This week I've totally zoned out to the figures being given out. I'm not ignoring it or putting my fingers in my ears pretending its not going on - and I know the reported figures have got a LOT worse in the past 7 days, however my anxiety about it and my worry (for want of a better word) has been a lot less this week. 

Get a brief update to see if any major changes have happened, then just zone out of the almost 24/7 media. The fear they are spreading is not helping anyone and making a tense situation worse. 

I've gone the same way. I've sacked the news off. I don't need Dan Wooton tell me all about it!! 

I will keep up to date with the death toll, and I'll also practice what has been asked of us. But from today I shall not be freaking myself out about it. And I promise I won't be blasé despite feeling that way. 

41 minutes ago, Flea said:

Good advise because it does get to you, keep in touch with the news but not all the time.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I've gone the same way. I've sacked the news off. I don't need Dan Wooton tell me all about it!! 

I will keep up to date with the death toll, and I'll also practice what has been asked of us. But from today I shall not be freaking myself out about it. And I promise I won't be blasé despite feeling that way. 

That's the way to look at it and once again Music takes your mind off it , been playing the Eagles today tomorrow the Killers live at Glastonbury/ Elvis in Vegas  mix have just done today.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dj funky said:

That's the way to look at it and once again Music takes your mind off it , been playing the Eagles today tomorrow the Killers live at Glastonbury/ Elvis in Vegas  mix have just done today.

And as the Eagles said....... Take It Easy. x

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

And as the Eagles said....... Take It Easy. x

You to and we will get through this by staying positive, its hard but we don't have another choice, even the M62 journeys don't seem bad anymore. Goodnight Everybody.