18 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Just spoke to my boss; his wife works at a hospital over near Stockport. She said it is absolutely petrifying how bad it is. Yesterday a 24 and 25 year old couple got admitted. No underlying health problems. By now she will have died. He might just scrape through if he is lucky but the long term damage of the virus is still fully unknown - lung scarring, etc. 

If anyone knows of anyone not taking the social distances serious, give them a clout around the head.

Very sad and very worrying.  It's odd to me (as a layperson) that the virus reacts so very differently from host to host.

I don't know many people not taking this seriously.  A couple of people I know still think it's all an over-reaction or make irrelevant comparisons to flu (no matter what you tell them), but are still following the social distancing rules as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

That's bollocks and you know it.

The Globalists are to blame for this, previous administrations who bowed to China, sold their soul, Trump was reversing that. 

TBH he does not helps his case by spouting nonsense such as "we will be back open for business by Easter" and then having to backtrack!

If someone took his twitter account off of him then we might not think he is such a prat.

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

TBH he does not helps his case by spouting nonsense such as "we will be back open for business by Easter" and then having to backtrack!

If someone took his twitter account off of him then we might not think he is such a prat.

Steady on have you seen him ITMAN?

27 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The Government need a clout around the head then, The Mayor of London too. Seems only a certain section of society are on lockdown. Flights are still coming in and out of the country, The Tube is still in operation and 5G installers are working overtime.

I'm amazed that only today have Easyjet grounded its fleet, I'm even more amazed its was their decision!

Half the worlds population is seemingly in lockdown but a budget airline has not been 'forced' to stop flying.

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

He is a prat,  he imposed tariffs on china that put his own farmers out of business! A clueless moron surrounded by yes men that darent tell him when hes wrong!

Very similar to our own clown prince Johnson!

10 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

He is a prat,  he imposed tariffs on china that put his own farmers out of business! A clueless moron surrounded by yes men that darent tell him when hes wrong!

Very similar to our own clown prince Johnson!

Bring in Jeremy and Dianne!

30 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

A least the numbers would be down.:blink:

Yes, down to ten, or twenty if you include toes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

17500 new cases in the USA. Wow. 

The USA is a big country, hence the big numbers. Hardly a surprise that the third most populous country in the world has a lot of cases given the circumstances.

The Government need a clout around the head then, The Mayor of London too. Seems only a certain section of society are on lockdown. Flights are still coming in and out of the country, The Tube is still in operation and 5G installers are working overtime.

How else do you propose the genuine key workers get to work? Unfortunately they need public transport to keep going. And reducing services has just been shown to pack the ones that do exist out more. Damned if they do and damned if they don't aren't they!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, greg45 said:

How else do you propose the genuine key workers get to work? Unfortunately they need public transport to keep going. And reducing services has just been shown to pack the ones that do exist out more. Damned if they do and damned if they don't aren't they!

Could nothing be put in place such as private buses ferrying NHS staff to and from work , seen the videos of NHS staff sat on packed tube trains .

• Like 1

Bring in Jeremy and Dianne!

They are not in government! The politically savvy voted in the tories to run the country!

Into the ground by the looks of it!

4 minutes ago, monk said:

Could nothing be put in place such as private buses ferrying NHS staff to and from work , seen the videos of NHS staff sat on packed tube trains .

Not going to work in London - you can fit 1000 people on a tube train (and in normal circumstances that's a full tube train every 2 minutes across multiple lines, not to mention Overground and National Rail on top of that, plus buses).

Slightly different but football related. Taken from the Health Service Journal website today:

I suspect that European travel in February can explain some of the current hotspots. I have a suspicion that the West Midlands hotspot could be connected to the football match that Wolves played in Barcelona on 27th February.

Looking at the statistics above, Portsmouth stands out especially when compared to relatively low cases in Southampton nearby. A quick search for 'Portsmouth February ski trip' results in one 14 to 19 year old college going to Saalbach. The virus was clearly in Austria ski resorts such as Ischgl and Saalbach at this time.

Can't be sure, but European travel in February 2020 could be a predictor for U.K hotspots. Atletico Madrid and 3000 of their fans visited Liverpool on March 11th - I've read that infection rates are rising in city. The Liverpool Echo quotes PHE stats of 14 cases on 20th March rising rapidly to 132 cases nine days later.

8 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Not going to work in London - you can fit 1000 people on a tube train (and in normal circumstances that's a full tube train every 2 minutes across multiple lines, not to mention Overground and National Rail on top of that, plus buses).

Well the government need to stop non essential workers going to work in and around London so passengers especially NHS workers can social distance themselves better on the tube .

4 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Slightly different but football related. Taken from the Health Service Journal website today:

I suspect that European travel in February can explain some of the current hotspots. I have a suspicion that the West Midlands hotspot could be connected to the football match that Wolves played in Barcelona on 27th February.

Looking at the statistics above, Portsmouth stands out especially when compared to relatively low cases in Southampton nearby. A quick search for 'Portsmouth February ski trip' results in one 14 to 19 year old college going to Saalbach. The virus was clearly in Austria ski resorts such as Ischgl and Saalbach at this time.

Can't be sure, but European travel in February 2020 could be a predictor for U.K hotspots. Atletico Madrid and 3000 of their fans visited Liverpool on March 11th - I've read that infection rates are rising in city. The Liverpool Echo quotes PHE stats of 14 cases on 20th March rising rapidly to 132 cases nine days later.

They are blaming the high numbers in Italy/Spain on the Atalanta v Valencia game , 40,000 there .

4 minutes ago, monk said:

Well the government need to stop non essential workers going to work in and around London so passengers especially NHS workers can social distance themselves better on the tube .

They are doing - last week saw a 90% reduction in journeys taken on TfL services. My point is there are a lot of people in London that work in essential services, and private buses/coaches is not going to work. Some of the largest Health Trusts in London have over 15,000 staff, not including those not directly employed by the Trust themselves. All added together that is still a helluva lot of people who need to get to/from work each day.

As for easyjet I fly with them to Kastrup Copenhagen then on to Sweden. In mid march Denmark closed its borders I was booked to fly the day after ! Easyjet then cancelled all flights there. They have been mainly bringing people back from overseas or simply flying to countries not "closed down" - very few. We have a few fans outside England, Norway for example who will simply have to stay put where they are wether they want to or not.

All the best to everyone. Viking

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg45 said:

They are doing - last week saw a 90% reduction in journeys taken on TfL services. My point is there are a lot of people in London that work in essential services, and private buses/coaches is not going to work. Some of the largest Health Trusts in London have over 15,000 staff, not including those not directly employed by the Trust themselves. All added together that is still a helluva lot of people who need to get to/from work each day.

Yes unworkable in London but possible outside the capital especially round here .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, never_shay_die said:

Very sad and very worrying.  It's odd to me (as a layperson) that the virus reacts so very differently from host to host.

I don't know many people not taking this seriously.  A couple of people I know still think it's all an over-reaction or make irrelevant comparisons to flu (no matter what you tell them), but are still following the social distancing rules as far as I know.

It's not a flu but is a pneumonia and it's frustrating that even the press are still getting it wrong . It is true that it has a reremarkable ability to find hosts and affects host differently and this is a very mild mutation of viral pneumonia

3 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Amazing, you've had it, friends of friends of friends have it, you are having it tough.

New York is a big place band its hit really bad there. I've seen a few posts on Facebook of DJ's and people connected to the music scene that have died and who are fighting for their life. 

Some of them were healthy too which is worrying. 

Trump has dealt with this appallingly. 

4 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

That's bollocks and you know it.

The Globalists are to blame for this, previous administrations who bowed to China, sold their soul, Trump was reversing that. 

Talking out of your arse as usual. 

Oh this virus doesn't exist. It won't hit our country. It's just some poor sap that's come over from China. Its the Chinese disease. 

Oh look, it's now the American disease because their useless leader didn't act when he should have. 

Some of the best doctors and healthcare and equipment in the world and he let's this virus get out of control. 

1 hour ago, greg45 said:

There are other means of transport, a little organisation might help, besides, do you believe all tube passengers are key workers? How many key workers are flying in and out of the country?

7 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Talking out of your arse as usual. 

Oh this virus doesn't exist. It won't hit our country. It's just some poor sap that's come over from China. Its the Chinese disease. 

Oh look, it's now the American disease because their useless leader didn't act when he should have. 

Some of the best doctors and healthcare and equipment in the world and he let's this virus get out of control. 

He wanted to close the borders, he wanted to halt flights but that was deemed racist. PC wins again.

Just now, Shaytrev said:

He wanted to close the borders, he wanted to halt flights but that was deemed racist. PC wins again.

Not to start with he didn't. He said it was nothing to worry about. After the death toll has hit 2400 he's been bragging about record television viewing figures. 

The man is a complete an utter car crash. Its more unbelievable that's he's in charge of the most powerful country in the world than the fact that almost the entire world is in lockdown. 

Scarier too.