Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The problem with globalism is that we all benefit from it. The phone or computer you're using to read this is a fraction of the price it would otherwise be because it was made in China (or most components of it were). It's the same for most things. It could all be reversed but only if we're all prepared to go back to the days when not everyone had a phone or a VHS player. Where cars were so uncommon that you could play football on the main street through the village.

The wealthy have become incredibly more wealthy thanks to globalism, but at the same time the rest of us have benefitted too - the average person in most western countries is wealthier today than any previous generation. The gap between the poorest and wealthiest is widening, and this could be addressed separately with sufficient will, but globalism has improved everyone's quality of life.

You need only look at North and South Korea to see how things could be different. Isolation vs globalism. True, the North's problems have been exacerbated by its leaders, but they lack even the basic capacity to feed the privileged 1%, never mind the many.

Yes, we are benefiting from globalism right now as we type posts, under house arrest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

Yes, we are benefiting from globalism right now as we type posts, under house arrest.

Touché. But you get the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Last one in the country to own a VHS still plays after 25 years and I love it.

Right now I don´t even have a DVD player as I have one in my laptop but the keyboard stopped working so I took it to be repaired about a week before the lock down so it is still in lock down at the shop.:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Touché. But you get the point.

Globalism means open borders, even Schengen countries have closed theirs borders now. It hasn't worked, it will never work. Nothing wrong with trade, obviously, submitting to a New World Order means living your entire life under constant surveillance, no privacy whatsoever, check it out in China. Big NO from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching a government spokesman talk about PPE has been given out for doctors and nurses. 

My friend suggests otherwise. A little paper mask. 

It also been announced that the first frontline worker has died. A doctor from Burton. 

Screenshot_2020-03-29-16-18-08.png

Screenshot_2020-03-28-09-19-10.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dj funky said:

Last one in the country to own a VHS still plays after 25 years and I love it.

Funny i have just got mine out and watching some great fanily videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the German finance minister has killed himself tonight as a result of the economic impact of Covid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Apparently the German finance minister has killed himself tonight as a result of the economic impact of Covid 

Cannot see any news of that.

In the meantime, Heathrow airport is as busy as ever although it seems flights from New York are cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jmc said:

First fatality in Huddersfield today still none here fortunately 

29 cases in calderdale now , nearly doubled in one day .

60 in Huddersfield 

Edited by monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We buy 80 percent of our medical supplies from China.  Once this virus started two Chinese developers in Sydney sent Chinese people all over the country and bought 62 tons of medical supplies and sent them back to China.  Now our hospitals can’t get enough for themselves.   And eating cats rats and bats is not good for human consumption. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monk said:

29 cases in calderdale now , nearly doubled in one day .

60 in Huddersfield 

And just think of all the people that have it that haven't been tested. You can times that figure by ten easily. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the figures being given out seem to be underestimates of what the frontline staff are reporting. When out walking the dog this morning we bumped into a neighbour whose daughter-in-law is a senior nurse in Leeds working on the Covid-19 ward. They said she had had a traumatic day yesterday with 12 people dying on the ward. Yet, the figures put out today say there were only 3 deaths from the virus in Leeds.

On today's press conference from No 10, the same question was asked by a reporter, and the answer was that there is a delay in reporting deaths as they had to confirm they had died of the virus, why else would they be in a ward set up specifically for people who been tested as positive, and that they had to inform the next of kin.

Something somewhere does not add up..... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

17500 new cases in the USA. Wow. 

That's Donald Trump for you. Turning out to be their worst president ever. Even worse than Nixon. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ITMAN said:

All of the figures being given out seem to be underestimates of what the frontline staff are reporting. When out walking the dog this morning we bumped into a neighbour whose daughter-in-law is a senior nurse in Leeds working on the Covid-19 ward. They said she had had a traumatic day yesterday with 12 people dying on the ward. Yet, the figures put out today say there were only 3 deaths from the virus in Leeds.

On today's press conference from No 10, the same question was asked by a reporter, and the answer was that there is a delay in reporting deaths as they had to confirm they had died of the virus, why else would they be in a ward set up specifically for people who been tested as positive, and that they had to inform the next of kin.

Something somewhere does not add up..... 

The Deputy Chief MO said there was a 24 hour time delay in reporting figures to enable next of kin to be notified and I guess the ealiest time to enable bringing accurate figures together.  If true those 12 should be reported today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

17500 new cases in the USA. Wow. 

New York has been hit rely hard. I have friends out there who have lost good friends and who ha e other friends fighting for their lives. 

Awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

That's Donald Trump for you. Turning out to be their worst president ever. Even worse than Nixon. 

That's bollocks and you know it.

The Globalists are to blame for this, previous administrations who bowed to China, sold their soul, Trump was reversing that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

New York has been hit rely hard. I have friends out there who have lost good friends and who ha e other friends fighting for their lives. 

Awful. 

Amazing, you've had it, friends of friends of friends have it, you are having it tough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spoke to my boss; his wife works at a hospital over near Stockport. She said it is absolutely petrifying how bad it is. Yesterday a 24 and 25 year old couple got admitted. No underlying health problems. By now she will have died. He might just scrape through if he is lucky but the long term damage of the virus is still fully unknown - lung scarring, etc. 

If anyone knows of anyone not taking the social distances serious, give them a clout around the head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Just spoke to my boss; his wife works at a hospital over near Stockport. She said it is absolutely petrifying how bad it is. Yesterday a 24 and 25 year old couple got admitted. No underlying health problems. By now she will have died. He might just scrape through if he is lucky but the long term damage of the virus is still fully unknown - lung scarring, etc. 

If anyone knows of anyone not taking the social distances serious, give them a clout around the head.

The Government need a clout around the head then, The Mayor of London too. Seems only a certain section of society are on lockdown. Flights are still coming in and out of the country, The Tube is still in operation and 5G installers are working overtime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Just spoke to my boss; his wife works at a hospital over near Stockport. She said it is absolutely petrifying how bad it is. Yesterday a 24 and 25 year old couple got admitted. No underlying health problems. By now she will have died. He might just scrape through if he is lucky but the long term damage of the virus is still fully unknown - lung scarring, etc. 

If anyone knows of anyone not taking the social distances serious, give them a clout around the head.

My next door neighbour has totally ignored the isolation laws and has now contracted the virus. He has been admitted to hospital so must be bad he also suffers from COPD. so honestly do not expect to see him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...