Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/9/2020 at 9:45 PM, Icke's Lizard said:

The whole of Italy is now on lock down and all sporting events are cancelled. 

England are due to play Italy on the 27th and then Denmark on the 31st of this month. I think its time that the FA Made some kind of announcement as to whether the games will go ahead. they are after all only friendlies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I reckon it's a matter of time until the rest of the season's games are held behind closed doors. The situation is pretty serious. 

If I were organising the club or the league I'd be looking into live-streaming games for the remainder of the season, perhaps with a pay what you want policy to log-in and watch online. What else are we gonna do when there are no more gate receipts? 

Were fine at the Shay just need to spread out a bit more.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

I reckon it's a matter of time until the rest of the season's games are held behind closed doors. The situation is pretty serious. 

If I were organising the club or the league I'd be looking into live-streaming games for the remainder of the season, perhaps with a pay what you want policy to log-in and watch online. What else are we gonna do when there are no more gate receipts? 

Can we live stream them to The Big 6? Permanently.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

I reckon it's a matter of time until the rest of the season's games are held behind closed doors. The situation is pretty serious. 

If I were organising the club or the league I'd be looking into live-streaming games for the remainder of the season, perhaps with a pay what you want policy to log-in and watch online. What else are we gonna do when there are no more gate receipts? 

Will it make a difference? The Paris v Dortmund game tonight was behind closed doors. There were still thousands of people stood outside the stadium. Making the ban utterly academic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Can we live stream them to The Big 6? Permanently.

Even if it'd be the only excuse I can think of to put a TV in the Big 6, no.

Big 6 before yes. Big 6 after definitely. But Big 6 simultaneously? That's overdoing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meeting today to decide if games played behind closed doors , not sure if it will apply to our levels would assume so , so we congregate in the car park ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk is professional football to be behind closed doors.

I presume that would mean Premier League, Championship, League 1 and League 2. Technically we aren't a professional league although 80% of the teams are now full time.

If our games do go ahead and those leagues above are cancelled we could actually benefit from this and have increased attendances of those local fans wanting a football fix.

I do believe that moving to this phase is overkill however. Swine Flu was a pandemic in 2009 and far more people were infected with very little disruption to every day life and the UK economy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ash said:

Swine Flu was a pandemic in 2009 and far more people were infected with very little disruption to every day life and the UK economy.

The swine flu 'pandemic' lasted about eight months in the UK. The first death didnt occur until 2 months after the first case was confirmed.

We are a month and a half since the first confirmed Coronavirus casualty in the UK and 8 have since died.

Compare the stats after the Coronavirus has been around for eight months, not a snapshot of 6 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubba said:

The swine flu 'pandemic' lasted about eight months in the UK. The first death didnt occur until 2 months after the first case was confirmed.

We are a month and a half since the first confirmed Coronavirus casualty in the UK and 8 have since died.

Compare the stats after the Coronavirus has been around for eight months, not a snapshot of 6 weeks.

Do you know how many people die of influenza like/type illnesses in the UK every year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Do you know how many people die of influenza like/type illnesses in the UK every year? 

About 17,000 I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All English games will be played behind closed doors doesn’t say anything about non league but I’d imagine they will be as well. No pubs are allowed to be showing games to stop gatherings and they’re putting a plan in place to allow all games to be streamed online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If games are to be played behind closed doors then the government and the FA will need to cough up compensation for a lot of clubs where their main income will now have been cut off completely. Otherwise, we'll be seeing clubs going bust left right and centre before long.

The solution is clubs providing live feeds for games at prices close enough to matchday ticket prices, but what do you do about the ability for these streams to be shared illegally? And what do you do about clubs that don't have the facilities or money needed for streaming, as well as clubs such as Brighouse where you'll have a lot of fans who don't use the internet on a regular basis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lewis said:

If games are to be played behind closed doors then the government and the FA will need to cough up compensation for a lot of clubs where their main income will now have been cut off completely. Otherwise, we'll be seeing clubs going bust left right and centre before long.

Not sure I agree. Will the government provide compensation for all other business who take a hit by the pandemic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Not sure I agree. Will the government provide compensation for all other business who take a hit by the pandemic?

Difference is that until a total lockdown is in effect, many businesses will still have their main source of income available to them in the form of sales unless they decide to enforce self-isolation on their employees. You'd hope that there'd be something in case to protect these companies and businesses should they become affected though

Edited by Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

La liga follows Serie A in suspension for next 2 weeks. Basketball player from Madrid's first team confirmed as having tested + for the virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well shut down the country.

Why ban social gatherings at places such as the Shay, Spotland, Wham Stadium etc yet hundreds of thousands of people still use the tube daily in an enclosed space? 

We shouldn’t just do something just because other countries have, it has to be logical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

I wonder if rugby league will be played behind closed doors

It usually is these days isn’t it?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...