Will there be a surge in new born children in nine months time or the opposite?

Will there be a leap in the divorce rate?

There are pros and cons to social isolation, will people in a relationship become closer together or will they be driven further apart?

43 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

To stop there ridiculous eating habits. 

But they think the same thing about us!

6 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

But they think the same thing about us!

It's not a matter of what they think it's what we know. 

Eating intelligent and defenceless animals and trading in exotic animals that is against international law. 

They are an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

And Bio warfare?

Do you really believe that? 

I've seen tweets from 3-4 years ago saying it had been discovered in lab testing but do you really believe the Chinese have done this to gain the economic upperhand? 

I don't.  I think it's nature fighting back against these disgusting wet markets. Nature and science evolves and mutates. 

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I've seen tweets from 3-4 years ago saying it had been discovered in lab testing but do you really believe the Chinese have done this to gain the economic upperhand? 

I don't.  I think it's nature fighting back against these disgusting wet markets. Nature and science evolves and mutates. 

As Keynes once said:

"If facts change, I change my opinion, what do you do"?

Or maybe it's just something that was going to happen eventually and now it has . You can't expect to live in a World of free movement and avoid the risks that come with doing so

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Or maybe it's just something that was going to happen eventually and now it has . You can't expect to live in a World of free movement and avoid the risks that come with doing so

An own goal by The Globalists perhaps.

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

As Keynes once said:

"If facts change, I change my opinion, what do you do"?

That's ironic coming from you trev!

Just now, chrisbo61 said:

That's ironic coming from you trev!

I change my opinion when facts change, you have yet to convince me of anything with facts, you try with emotion but fail miserably.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Maybe it originated organically and the Chinese government saw an opportunity to down play what was going on whilst getting their own house in order to combat it. They then let the rest of the world struggle with it...

I doubt China intentionally developed Covid as a weapon, however I am less than convinced their government have not and will not now use its knock on effects to their advantage. 

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

Maybe it originated organically and the Chinese government saw an opportunity to down play what was going on whilst getting their own house in order to combat it. They then let the rest of the world struggle with it...

I doubt China intentionally developed Covid as a weapon, however I am less than convinced their government have not and will not now use its knock on effects to their advantage. 

I agree, when us and many more countries are on their ar$e and need to rebuild the Chinese will do it cheaper.  

I dont hate them. But I find a lot of what they do filthy and horrible.  Thry're quite peaceful and aren't warmongering, but they could and should have done better. They're hard to weigh up tbh!! 

I wouldn't trade with them when it's over anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I agree, when us and many more countries are on their ar$e and need to rebuild the Chinese will do it cheaper.  

I dont hate them. But I find a lot of what they do filthy and horrible.  Thry're quite peaceful and aren't warmongering, but they could and should have done better. They're hard to weigh up tbh!! 

I wouldn't trade with them when it's over anyway. 

Aren't warmongering? Taiwan and Japan might think otherwise. As for Muslims, they are all in Camps being 're-educated'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not trading with them isn't an option . More accountability over world trading and movement is required

Trump was sorting that out and had just renegotiated bad deals with China that previous administrations had made. They had the upper hand with the rest of the world. They are even benefiting now by buying cheap stock as economies of The West take a dive.

4 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Aren't warmongering? Taiwan and Japan might think otherwise. As for Muslims, they are all in Camps being 're-educated'

Apart from building a base in the south China sea I can't think of a imperialist type war act unlike the USA. 

They don't go invading and throwing their weight around against foreign nations. 

The Muslim re-education thing is a disgrace I agree. I'm just saying they don't bully the world like some do. 

2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Apart from building a base in the south China sea I can't think of a imperialist type war act unlike the USA. 

They don't go invading and throwing their weight around against foreign nations. 

The Muslim re-education thing is a disgrace I agree. I'm just saying they don't bully the world like some do. 

Not yet, The British Government will be doing that for them. The Controversy about the British Government getting the Chinese to install their security goodies in Britain is opposed by America and would be opposed by most British People if they knew what it is going to lead to. There is a video on facebook taken in China by an Englishman and a Chinese woman, not sure if it is his girlfriend or government security. The surveillance in China will blow your mind. George Orwell 1984 is not an exaggeration. I will try to download it if I can find it on youtube, there does not seem to be the facility on the page 'cos it appears in the comments.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

We don't eat bloody bat's & Pangolins. 

Tbf, after a few pints and a visit to that van outside KFC.... who knows!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The problem with globalism is that we all benefit from it. The phone or computer you're using to read this is a fraction of the price it would otherwise be because it was made in China (or most components of it were). It's the same for most things. It could all be reversed but only if we're all prepared to go back to the days when not everyone had a phone or a VHS player. Where cars were so uncommon that you could play football on the main street through the village.

The wealthy have become incredibly more wealthy thanks to globalism, but at the same time the rest of us have benefitted too - the average person in most western countries is wealthier today than any previous generation. The gap between the poorest and wealthiest is widening, and this could be addressed separately with sufficient will, but globalism has improved everyone's quality of life.

You need only look at North and South Korea to see how things could be different. Isolation vs globalism. True, the North's problems have been exacerbated by its leaders, but they lack even the basic capacity to feed the privileged 1%, never mind the many.