1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Does fake news get included in official figures ? As someone who doesn't take notice of the figures produced, what I am hearing is a lack of communication and information regarding who is dying and how they are dying . Over 99% of us have very little chance of this current wave killing us .

The 21 years old girl was simply an example of what is happening.

Take what we are being told with a huge pinch of salt. The figures we have access to are nowhere near correct.

There are way more cases in the UK than documented as many are being told to stay away if they feel even slightly ill. No way they are included in the infected numbers. 

I also find it impossible to believe that the likes of Russia, China, North Korea and a lot of the less developed African countries are reporting so few cases. Basic hygiene in this country leave a hell of a lot to be desired, however in some places in Africa, we are talking about proper slums. Even more "developed" countries like India - parts of it are superb and well built, then you go round the corner and its slums, filth and dirt, no running water and cramped living spaces. If the virus is hitting developed countries hard then those that are living in slum like areas have no chance. 

I don't believe the Chinese figures of the last month. I actually think that the Western countries and America are recording deaths correctly, however probably counting anyone who has COVID who has died as a victim of it. In other parts of the World, I believe people are dying of Covid but its going down as other causes. Russia has had hundreds of extra pneumonia deaths this month for example...

What concerns me is the actions being taken "for the next stage". I know the roll out for essential items is coming within the next two weeks. Basic stuff like milk, bread and cheese is now being produced in the same numbers but in a lot less variety. On Friday alone across 3400 fresh lines I saw 300 lines discontinued temporarily. That might not sound like a lot until you understand that we can only discontinue a line once it has sold out and getting more in is not possible. We lost just under 10% of our availability in 24 hours - and that space has been taken up by more of the old lines. Choices are starting to be cut down. It feels like we are in this for the long haul and it won't be a quick fix or over by easter like Trump spouts. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Flea said:

Take what we are being told with a huge pinch of salt. The figures we have access to are nowhere near correct.

There are way more cases in the UK than documented as many are being told to stay away if they feel even slightly ill. No way they are included in the infected numbers. 

I also find it impossible to believe that the likes of Russia, China, North Korea and a lot of the less developed African countries are reporting so few cases. Basic hygiene in this country leave a hell of a lot to be desired, however in some places in Africa, we are talking about proper slums. Even more "developed" countries like India - parts of it are superb and well built, then you go round the corner and its slums, filth and dirt, no running water and cramped living spaces. If the virus is hitting developed countries hard then those that are living in slum like areas have no chance. 

I don't believe the Chinese figures of the last month. I actually think that the Western countries and America are recording deaths correctly, however probably counting anyone who has COVID who has died as a victim of it. In other parts of the World, I believe people are dying of Covid but its going down as other causes. Russia has had hundreds of extra pneumonia deaths this month for example...

What concerns me is the actions being taken "for the next stage". I know the roll out for essential items is coming within the next two weeks. Basic stuff like milk, bread and cheese is now being produced in the same numbers but in a lot less variety. On Friday alone across 3400 fresh lines I saw 300 lines discontinued temporarily. That might not sound like a lot until you understand that we can only discontinue a line once it has sold out and getting more in is not possible. We lost just under 10% of our availability in 24 hours - and that space has been taken up by more of the old lines. Choices are starting to be cut down. It feels like we are in this for the long haul and it won't be a quick fix or over by easter like Trump spouts. 

What Trump spouts and what he achieves are two different things. At least he isn't going around telling everyone to get ready to lose a loved one. He also has the disgusting Democrats to deal with who almost scuppered the bill for financial aid this week by refusing to vote for it unless several of their political demands were met. When the virus is defeated they need to be dealt with, good and proper.

Edited by Shaytrev

34 minutes ago, Flea said:

I noticed that when I went to the supermarket today. The ready meal curry section was fully stocked apart from the vegi curry that Iike. 

As long as I can get fruit and veg, tins of beans and brown bread, tuna fish, soya milk, the odd ready meal and cheese I'll survive. 

Having a bag of sweets and a bar of chocolate along the way helps too. 

Oh. If anyone is unlucky and they find themselves with the virus, I found ice lollies really do help.

Edited by Erik Everhard

10 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I noticed that when I went to the supermarket today. The ready meal curry section was fully stocked apart from the vegi curry that Iike. 

As long as I can get fruit and veg, tins of beans and brown bread, tuna fish, soya milk, the odd ready meal and cheese I'll survive. 

Oh. If anyone is unlucmy and they find themselves with the virus, I found ice lollies really do help.

Look after Yersen spenner lad 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Oh. If anyone is unlucky and they find themselves with the virus, I found ice lollies really do help.

Have you been diagnosed with the virus?

• Like 1

Some products can't be produced because elements of them are temporarily unavailable . I believe soya is currently in short supply as will be many imported goods

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

If you feel so bloody sick why the hell are you going to the supermarket 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ColinCanberra said:

If you feel so bloody sick why the hell are you going to the supermarket 

Im over the worst now. The government advice is to isolate for 7 days. I did 9. I'm feeling better than I did. I wouldn't have been able to walk the short distance to the supermarket 5 days ago. 

But once you get past the 7 days or 14 days if you live in a household with 2 or more people, you're allowed go back out to exercise and to carry out essential food shopping. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

A friend has messaged me and said 2 people in boothtown died of it last night. I don't know if it's true or not and I'll take it with a pinch of salt until confirmed. You know what Facebook rumours are like. 

8 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Would they not be in hospital? 

I should have said from boothtown.  

As of yesterday Calderdale had only had 11 cases and was well below the average which was encouraging. They are seeing people in hospital with it though because my mate text me and she works in A&E. 

Someone posted that his friend lost both parents.

He also said they died 'with' the virus and not 'because'.

Someone on the same Boothtown facebook thread is claiming there are 49 cases but the latest BBC figure is 15.

Edited by Shaytrev

39 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Someone posted that his friend lost both parents.

He also said they died 'with' the virus and not 'because'.

Someone on the same Boothtown facebook thread is claiming there are 49 cases but the latest BBC figure is 15.

It's a sad situation either way but "with" and "because" is very important to understand the context.  

I read an article on the Yorkshire post website yesterday and it seems most of them are older and have other health problems. Ithe gave a breakdown of the ages and illnesses. 

Calderdale is well below the bubble which is reassuring but by no means can we be blasé, hope everybody stays safe and keeps clean. 

I went for a walk this morning and the fresh air was great. No noise or air pollution from cars and the only sound was birdsong and the hebble brook flowing. I advise those who can to get out and half 30 mins in a morning. It'll keep you sane and healthy. 

• Like 2

News last night broke it down further and said between 6000 to 10.000 may die because of covid19 , that’s different to the thousands who may die with it present 

Nice to see the world's oldest man lives in the UK , he is now 112 and called Bob .

He retired in 1973 .

Asked what is the key to a long life the Yorkshireman said "Avoid Dying".

Edited by monk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looking at the mayhem in India can see the toll being catastrophic, six inches apart in a melee doesn't seem a good thing to me. Too many people in the world, nature is going to sort that out as it always does.

20 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

It’s the most populous nation on earth. What are you trying to say?

Lockdown here expected to last till June.. 

20 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

It’s the most populous nation on earth. What are you trying to say?

To stop there ridiculous eating habits.