1 minute ago, kit said:

Yes, we are officially "key businesses". Some have had to shut or reduce hours due to illness etc. I've changed opening hours to 9am til 2pm as I shouldn't really be there at all (asthmatic). For the record, I'm there personally on Wednesday and Saturday.

I asked because I have been trying to confirm my identity on the post office web site, second failure of the day. Given up on that now.

32 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I asked because I have been trying to confirm my identity on the post office web site, second failure of the day. Given up on that now.

Is it because you put under occupation: Football Manager ChiefAdvisor?

4 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Is it because you put under occupation: Football Manager ChiefAdvisor?

No, more likely it is because I didn't, Cheers, you have probably solved it.

Edited by Shaytrev
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, kit said:

Yes, we are officially "key businesses". Some have had to shut or reduce hours due to illness etc. I've changed opening hours to 9am til 2pm as I shouldn't really be there at all (asthmatic). For the record, I'm there personally on Wednesday and Saturday.

Stay safe and put that bucket in a safe place.

• Like 2

An unbelievably stark reminder of what's at stake. If everything goes to plan there'll be less than 20,000 deaths. If things don't go to plan, well...

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately on top of it doesn't save lives, the reality is that you've got to be at least one step ahead . And even if we manage to achieve that in the UK, what about the rest of the World ?

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

An unbelievably stark reminder of what's at stake. If everything goes to plan there'll be less than 20,000 deaths. If things don't go to plan, well...

Capture.PNG

More scaremongering.

17 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

More scaremongering.

I sincerely hope so, although looking at the figures from italy and Spain.........

5 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Third virus to come out of that Country. Sars, Swine Flu & now Coronavirus. Coincidence? 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's what happens when you mistreat animals. 

HIV, the plague, CJD, COVID 19, SARS, Swine Flu, Ebola and more. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, monk said:

Saw on the news someone said most of the people who died would have died this year anyway , they say they are dying with the virus not because of it .

I found it quite disrespectful , it was stated if we didn't have any restrictions 250,000 would die so it's no good underplaying the dire situation we are in .

Apparently we are reporting death from Covid 19 of the person has tested positive for it irrespective of underlying conditions , whereas Germany ar giving cause of death as the primary underlying condition rather than Covid 19 , which explains why their death rate is so low 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

What's worrying is that over a thousand have died here already!

Even if the 20,000 figure was true this scaremongering must stop. Many old people are on total lockdown, at home alone and are reading this stuff. How do you think they feel? They are putting the cause of death on many people as covid-19 when it isn't.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Even if the 20,000 figure was true this scaremongering must stop. Many old people are on total lockdown, at home alone and are reading this stuff. How do you think they feel? They are putting the cause of death on many people as covid-19 when it isn't.

Spot on. I've seen somewhere that a high percentage of those that have regretfully lost their lives have done so with the virus not because of it. This virus is scary enough without sensationalistic journalism and facts distorted by the media.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

This reminds me of a poor chap in his 80's. He started with the symptoms and eventually had to come out to try and seek medical help and food. Prior to that he'd been so scared of going out he'd not eaten for days because he'd ran out of food. 

A brilliant nurse helped him and stayed with him whilst he had the test and was then put in isolation. She did all that after completing a 12 hour shift and knowing that the chap she helped could now have given her the virus and as a consequence she'll have to stay away from her family in quarantine. 

• Like 1

Some may well have died from their underlying illness regardless but catching the virus has contributed and who knows how long somebody will live if they had not caught it .

13 people announced today had no underlying illness yet died of the virus , would they have died from normal seasonal flu , nobody knows but I think taking an over cautious approach is correct whether it scares people or not , being scared might save your life .

It seems funny that up to January this year we were quite happy to tolerate this:

image.png.1f930bfa95b521f64f7ff522880c588e.png

According to this BBC report, backed up by the Lancet this equates to 48,000 deaths per year in the UK alone. I do not remember any great public outcry from the NHS or government over this.

Not wishing to downplay the Covid virus but we  should put things in context.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 2

It's a global virus , China now Europe , god help Africa and places like India and Pakistan if it takes hold there it will dwarf the numbers already being reported here.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Where's the evidence for giving a false cause of death? i'm pretty sure that would be a criminal offence. Also if they played down the death toll people would not take it seriously. Everyone should be scared.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shayman v said:

Where's the evidence for giving a false cause of death? i'm pretty sure that would be a criminal offence. Also if they played down the death toll people would not take it seriously. Everyone should be scared.

I think scared is the wrong word to use and it's the wrong thing to aim for. Everyone should be cautious and follow the guidelines. 

It was my first day outside today and the breeze felt great. 

It looked like things are calming down a bit at my local supermarket. They've introduced a one way system for customers to walk around the store. I also went into the park to feed the birds. 

If everyone sticks to advice given we should be OK. Although some companies need to close their doors for the time being to allow us all to get on top of this virus. 

It would be interesting to know the number of deaths where there were no underlying conditions that could have contributed. Surely they must have these numbers as well.

I'm probably being complacent but living alone in Halifax,  no known underlying health condition, only going out for food and a walk, I think there is little chance of me catching it or passing it on to others. My only downside is being over 60.

Now I've said that you just know what will happen!

1 minute ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

It would be interesting to know the number of deaths where there were no underlying conditions that could have contributed. Surely they must have these numbers as well.

I'm probably being complacent but living alone in Halifax,  no known underlying health condition, only going out for food and a walk, I think there is little chance of me catching it or passing it on to others. My only downside is being over 60.

Now I've said that you just know what will happen!

I thought I'd done the riggt thing a couple of weeks ago and the only place I went to was my local supermarket just on the road. 

I ended up catching it. Its luck of the draw. 

Also there are 2 strains. One worse than the other. I must have had the milder one. 

50 minutes ago, shayman v said:

Been in the news ! It’s not false reporting just stating people have died and they have Covid 19 , there not saying it actually killed them , need to read between the lines a little. 

53 minutes ago, shayman v said:

There is some evidence farther back in this thread, 21 years old girl, died of a heart attack.

9 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

There is some evidence farther back in this thread, 21 years old girl, died of a heart attack.

Does fake news get included in official figures ? As someone who doesn't take notice of the figures produced, what I am hearing is a lack of communication and information regarding who is dying and how they are dying . Over 99% of us have very little chance of this current wave killing us .

23 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Expect more NHS staff deaths. They don't have the equipment and they're terrified.  

I have just spent six days in hospital after having four operations on my badly infected finger (I tried to amputate it in the side door of my van two weeks ago). All the staff on the ward from the cleaners and ancillary staff through to the ward sister along with the surgeon and theatre staff were all cheerful and positive. The care and professionalism they showed to me and the other patients on the ward was second to none. They did all this without any extra ppe gear and although many had families they carried on as normal even working extra shifts to cover absent staff. No doubt they are terrified inside but none I met outwardly showed it and I have nothing but praise for them. I only wish that when I return to work in a fortnight (I deliver medical supplies to pharmacies and hospitals) I can show the same level of kindness and professionalism to my customers.

Edited by Shaymen2008
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1