29 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I thought I'd got over it but then I woke up today and I felt shocking again. A chin g all over and a bad chest, coughing crap up. 

I can breath OK ish and I've not got the fever bit but still feel rough. 

Time for people to wake up and stay inside. Also time for non essential companies to temporarily close down. 

A total shutdown could have this sorted in 6 weeks. Then we start to get the country back on track again. Together. 

Sorry to hear that Erik , hope you recover soon .

People want to stay indoors but if your employer says you have to come to work if you have no symptoms then you have to , remote working is impossible on a shop floor around 30/40 other colleagues but these workers are classed as key workers , the economy is going to collapse anyway , until everybody except REALLY  ESSENTIAL KEY WORKERS are isolated , this virus will just keep spreading .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, monk said:

Sorry to hear that Erik , hope you recover soon .

People want to stay indoors but if your employer says you have to come to work if you have no symptoms then you have to , remote working is impossible on a shop floor around 30/40 other colleagues but these workers are classed as key workers , the economy is going to collapse anyway , until everybody except REALLY  ESSENTIAL KEY WORKERS are isolated , this virus will just keep spreading .

Too true mate. 

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I saw a map last night that had all countries affected. Greenland was on there!! How! Its just a block of ice

If it’s just a block of ice. Why is it called Greenland?

Were the Vikings taking the p!ss?

19 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

They must have been.  Who could be ar$ed rowing all that way to a barren land! Ha.  

9 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

They must have been.  Who could be ar$ed rowing all that way to a barren land! Ha.  

The cases up there could be US Army personnel. They have a big base in Greenland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

It was named Greenland to encourage settlers-when they got there it was ONLY JOKING!

4 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Nearly 1,000 dead in 24-hours in Italy. Unbelievable.

To date 51 doctors have died of the virus and 6500 health workers have contracted Covid in Italy

3 minutes ago, joebloggs said:

To date 51 doctors have died of the virus and 6500 health workers have contracted Covid in Italy

Expect more NHS staff deaths. They don't have the equipment and they're terrified.  

5 hours ago, monk said:

People want to stay indoors but if your employer says you have to come to work if you have no symptoms then you have to ,

This is the problem I am facing. 

Both today and yesterday I have been stopped and given the third degree for being out by PCSO's asking what I am doing. I walk too and from work, its about a 45 min trip each way. Both times I've been made to feel like I'm causing problems by being out, however its because I still have to go to work. 

I get its a testing time for everyone, however I'm quickly getting very tired of the **** that keeps getting thrown at me for just doing my job. Its also opened my eyes to how many people are just general knobs. 

You are supposed to only be out not for essential shopping. Why the hell are the same family of 7 in the shop 4 times this week, with their kids, running about the place? 

I feel I'm a sitting duck at the moment and it feels right now I'm copping it from every direction. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Flea said:

Both today and yesterday I have been stopped and given the third degree for being out by PCSO's asking what I am doing. I walk too and from work, its about a 45 min trip each way. Both times I've been made to feel like I'm causing problems by being out, however its because I still have to go to work. 

I get its a testing time for everyone, however I'm quickly getting very tired of the **** that keeps getting thrown at me for just doing my job. Its also opened my eyes to how many people are just general knobs. 

You are supposed to only be out not for essential shopping. Why the hell are the same family of 7 in the shop 4 times this week, with their kids, running about the place? 

I feel I'm a sitting duck at the moment and it feels right now I'm copping it from every direction. 

Really feel for you because my Grandaughter is having the same aggro because she is the manageress at a supermarket in Bradford and its getting her down like crying on the phone tonight when we were talking. We all expect the yobs at football games but these selfish people well I don't know how to describe them. I asked a couple today why are you not taking the advise to stay at home and this was the reply, thought we would come to Blackpool for some sea air, I told them about the what the doctor in Italy had said about people over 65 to which she said oh we are 50 so it does not concern us, the man just stared at me never said a word and walked off so what chance have we with these selfish morons. Stay. strong Flea and lets hope we all make through.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Flea said:

It's a tough one. Do you buy for an entire week or just for a day or two? I personally only buy for a day or two. Ive bought a week's worth of shopping for years because I can normally just nip and buy what I need each day. 

My mate is doing my shopping for me and he's been in the supermarket nearly every day. If he goes in and buys me a week's worth of food a) he'd need a taxi to carry it all and b) people might go without because I've bought a week's worth of shopping. 

My mate has combined his daily exercise with helping me with my shopping. I asked if he'd been asked where he was going and he said no. He'd seen police cars about but they'd not stopped anyone that he'd seen. I suppose because he's on his own he's OK and they'll target groups more. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

So some of you are under pressure for going to work. I am under pressure 'cos work has stopped, like thousands of others. No money coming in. (self employed)

Water rates and Council tax soon meant to be paid. Just cancelled the direct debit for council tax. Food before taxes, I have no rent to pay and cannot imagine what them in a similar position as me are going through. In fact, those with children must be at their wits end.

Trying to register for Universal Credit is harder than climbing Mount Everest. Anyone had problems with online reg? Trying to contact the council to tell them to sing for their supper, even harder.

Will get by for a while but if this goes on for up to six months I'll be singing for my supper with bailiffs at the door. I think there will be a few million in the same boat.

57 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

So some of you are under pressure for going to work. I am under pressure 'cos work has stopped, like thousands of others. No money coming in. (self employed)

Water rates and Council tax soon meant to be paid. Just cancelled the direct debit for council tax. Food before taxes, I have no rent to pay and cannot imagine what them in a similar position as me are going through. In fact, those with children must be at their wits end.

Trying to register for Universal Credit is harder than climbing Mount Everest. Anyone had problems with online reg? Trying to contact the council to tell them to sing for their supper, even harder.

Will get by for a while but if this goes on for up to six months I'll be singing for my supper with bailiffs at the door. I think there will be a few million in the same boat.

No one should suffer trev, the government have put support in place for the self employed! Sure,it might be tough for a short period  but after that when payments start coming through you will be ok!

7 hours ago, Flea said:

Thumbs up to the checkout girl at Tesco Buttershaw who was worth an 100 of idiots out hoping to find the zombie apocalypse

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

No one should suffer trev, the government have put support in place for the self employed! Sure,it might be tough for a short period  but after that when payments start coming through you will be ok!

Governments are saying a lot and suggesting a lot . Let's see how many deliver and what they eventually deliver 

I agree been on Calderfail website no plans to defer poll tax but like the earlier poster food before taxes

Equal to council taxes here, they will attempt to take the money from your bank but if refused they will not take any further action until things are back to normal, which I think will take a year as Lanzarote depend on tourism, they say they are taking this action as they need money to carry on and want the people that can pay to do so. On the case of stopping people and cars the police have been parked in front of my Villa all day stopping all cars to ascertain if the journey is essential, it would appear several have been fine, it´s 200€ a pop.

1 minute ago, Jmc said:

How many town fans can use the phrase “parked in front of my villa” lol  nice 

I´m just like everyone else on here Jmc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yes, but this supposed support cannot be accessed. I am ok for a few months but there are thousands out there that are living week to week . If they are having the same problems as me then they will have no money at all, they cannot even sit in the Halifax Precinct and beg 'cos there is nobody to beg off anymore. The supposed support has been said to arrive at the end of June. Anyone need any beans then I have a spare tin?

Edited by Shaytrev

15 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Yes, but this supposed support cannot be accessed. I am ok for a few months but there are thousands out there that are living week to week . If they are having the same problems as me then they will have no money at all, they cannot even sit in the Halifax Precinct and beg 'cos there is nobody to beg off anymore. The supposed support has been said to arrive at the end of June. Anyone need any beans then I have a spare tin?

If you have your accounts etc up to date there should be no problems!

Just been speaking to a friend who works in A&E and she is worried. Said there are lots of seriously ill people coming in and it's only a matter of time before she picks up the virus. Said it's scary knowing that they've got it and all she has is a paper mask as protection. 

The doctors and nurses appreciate the support but clapping on the streets is nowt. They need real protective clothing. 

17 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

If you have your accounts etc up to date there should be no problems!

My accounts are up to date, the point is trying to register online. To be specific:

You try to register and start with your details, they then send you a code on your mobile phone to confirm your email address, you enter the code and the website tells you the code is invalid. I did this eight times then had to give it up before my blood pressure went through the roof.

Anyway, there are thousands worse than me and I have cooled off a bit now. Will try again this weekend.