39 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

It wasn't someone at the club who told me about the temporary morgue or about the work. 

Who ???

5 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Give your head a shake.

Bloody hell I've only copied it from FBook for discussion. No need for abuse git.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Talking of conspiracy theories I watched an interview with the master of conspiracy theories, David Icke. He claims its a sinister cult that runs the world that are behind it. 

He claims that its the Hunger Games Society, the 1%. Well the 1% or the richest people do run society. That's a no brainer but I very much doubt they spread this awful virus. 

Icke claims they spread it to make small, medium and some large business's go under and the likes of Amazon can then take over their business. 

Absolute rhubarb but at least he's stopped talking about lizards now. 

I wonder when his next book is due out. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

40 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Bloody hell I've only copied it from FBook for discussion. No need for abuse git.

Think it's you coming on a bit strong here, chief.

50 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Does it matter really?

20200326_174859.jpg

Just teasing but does look suspicious, Could be new bogs for the Skircoat.

Before 15th March , local undertakers were contacted by the council to advise them of contingency arrangements re the Shay as a temporary mortuary.

1 minute ago, Hesperus said:

Before 15th March , local undertakers were contacted by the council to advise them of contingency arrangements re the Shay as a temporary mortuary.

I was told about it on the 12th March, all local funeral directors where asked what their maximum capacity was and The Shay can store up to 90 bodies. 

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I was told about it on the 12th March, all local funeral directors where asked what their maximum capacity was and The Shay can store up to 90 bodies. 

You would also think that North Bridge Leisure Centre would be a prime site. It has a couple of large sized halls. 

Other possible sites could be school halls and gyms. 

Let's hope that it doesn't get anywhere near that stage. 

I've just been reading about Germany's response to the virus and surpise surpise they've managed to halt the spread by................. testing people. What a novel idea. If only we'd thought of that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Lets just hope to god none of our old boys (or even the younger ones) have to make that trip in the next few months. 

Although, should the worst happen, I'd prefer that one last visit for myself. Horrible thing to say, but just putting it out there if...

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Lets just hope to god none of our old boys (or even the younger ones) have to make that trip in the next few months. 

Although, should the worst happen, I'd prefer that one last visit for myself. Horrible thing to say, but just putting it out there if...

Aye, just think, if a Shayman dies he goes straight to Heaven.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

What a novel idea. If only we'd thought of that. 

The country doesn't have the capacity to test everyone via the traditional taking-of-blood, test-in-a-lab method. It would be a mammoth undertaking, that's why such hope is pinned on these self-test thingies BoJo keeps going on about. They should have set up testing stations for those who showed even minor symptoms, allowing them to be quarantined much earlier, which I suspect is where Germany is doing it differently.

On a separate note, I see the top 4 German clubs have decided to gift the rest of German football their share of this season's TV money, less than £20m between them. It highlights two things, how rich the Premier League is compared to other major European leagues (and yet still somehow don't dominate as they should), and how deathly quiet most of our Premier League clubs are while other major European clubs are stepping up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Aye, just think, if a Shayman dies he goes straight to Heaven.

I can just picture a coffin lid slowly opening and a voice bellow out "get it ont ruddy deck". 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The country doesn't have the capacity to test everyone via the traditional taking-of-blood, test-in-a-lab method. It would be a mammoth undertaking, that's why such hope is pinned on these self-test thingies BoJo keeps going on about. They should have set up testing stations for those who showed even minor symptoms, allowing them to be quarantined much earlier, which I suspect is where Germany is doing it differently.

On a separate note, I see the top 4 German clubs have decided to gift the rest of German football their share of this season's TV money, less than £20m between them. It highlights two things, how rich the Premier League is compared to other major European leagues (and yet still somehow don't dominate as they should), and how deathly quiet most of our Premier League clubs are while other major European clubs are stepping up.

No but you don't have to. Sensible testing is what was and is needed. 

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

You would also think that North Bridge Leisure Centre would be a prime site. It has a couple of large sized halls. 

Think it has more to do with a concrete corridor under the South Stand that makes it suitable. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Think it has more to do with a concrete corridor under the South Stand that makes it suitable. 

Gonna be weird walking through there the next time if it gets to the point bodies are stored there. Creeps me out tbh. 

55 minutes ago, Flea said:

Sorry Flea but you left the South Stand for the East Stand and you know the rules which the stewards insist,YOU CAN NOT CHANGE STANDS.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Gonna be weird walking through there the next time if it gets to the point bodies are stored there. Creeps me out tbh. 

I used to live next door to a graveyard so it doesn't really bother me. Quietest neighbours I've ever had. 

15 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I used to live next door to a graveyard so it doesn't really bother me. Quietest neighbours I've ever had. 

Used to play in them. Hopefully we won't be hit hard up hear. Apparently it's only 7 cases as of yesterday in calderdale and we are on lockdown now so let's hope it stays low into next week and we'll start seeing the benefits of lockdown.  

Today has really hit home to me about it all.  I've got asthma and have had a tight chest this afternoon and with that came "panic!" And so started a vicious cycle for the evening but thankfully I'm calm and relaxed now. It's just regular asthma in the spring with maybe a bit of early pollen thrown in. 

I'm up for the long haul but what else hit me is that I live on my own. I won't bloody see any mates for months on end. 

Some heartbreaking videos of loss and grief doing the rounds too which were quite upsetting but I suppose we are in this pickle and if we all act reyt we will get out of it. 

I'm really not missing the football if I'm honest and I don't care at this moment in time. I just want us all to pull through and enjoy the pi$$ up whenever it maybe. 

Stay safe and if you know anybody flouting it then give them an absolute bollocking. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Used to play in them. Hopefully we won't be hit hard up hear. Apparently it's only 7 cases as of yesterday in calderdale and we are on lockdown now so let's hope it stays low into next week and we'll start seeing the benefits of lockdown.  

Today has really hit home to me about it all.  I've got asthma and have had a tight chest this afternoon and with that came "panic!" And so started a vicious cycle for the evening but thankfully I'm calm and relaxed now. It's just regular asthma in the spring with maybe a bit of early pollen thrown in. 

I'm up for the long haul but what else hit me is that I live on my own. I won't bloody see any mates for months on end. 

Some heartbreaking videos of loss and grief doing the rounds too which were quite upsetting but I suppose we are in this pickle and if we all act reyt we will get out of it. 

I'm really not missing the football if I'm honest and I don't care at this moment in time. I just want us all to pull through and enjoy the pi$$ up whenever it maybe. 

Stay safe and if you know anybody flouting it then give them an absolute bollocking. 

I'm an asthmatic so that why I tried to isolate early but alas it didn't work. 

But, a bit tightness in your chest ksas you say, probably seasonal rather than C19. 

If you start to feel like you've got a flu bug coming on, you may have the virus. But, if I can beat it so can anyone. 

I think the fact I nearly died twice from two bear fatal asthma attacks back in 2016 has helped me a lot and its helped me to stay as calm as I can. 

Another thing is if you get the bug you're so tired and your body uses so much energy fighting it you don't really have the time and especially the energy to feel stressed. You just have to do the right thing and let your immune system take control. 

Nice one icke and like you Football does not exit just a case of making through to the next season whenever that will be, had the first domestic with Mrs Funky over of all things coat hangers, one came airbourne my way but I just said you will have to do better than that as I pluck it as it whizzed past me which seemed to make her more mad, funny when your the voice of reason seems to make them more mad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

I'm an asthmatic so that why I tried to isolate early but alas it didn't work. 

But, a bit tightness in your chest ksas you say, probably seasonal rather than C19. 

If you start to feel like you've got a flu bug coming on, you may have the virus. But, if I can beat it so can anyone. 

I think the fact I nearly died twice from two bear fatal asthma attacks back in 2016 has helped me a lot and its helped me to stay as calm as I can. 

Another thing is if you get the bug you're so tired and your body uses so much energy fighting it you don't really have the time and especially the energy to feel stressed. You just have to do the right thing and let your immune system take control. 

No fever whatsoever. I've just worked myself up over my asthma and got caught in that stupid vicious circle. 

Got some shopping to do tomorrow which I'll get from the shop 2 mins away and I'll be back home within 10 mins without needing to go out again for a week! I'll be wearing my town scarf over my face and showered straight away. It's got me paranoid that's for sure!! 

Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

No fever whatsoever. I've just worked myself up over my asthma and got caught in that stupid vicious circle. 

Got some shopping to do tomorrow which I'll get from the shop 2 mins away and I'll be back home within 10 mins without needing to go out again for a week! I'll be wearing my town scarf over my face and showered straight away. It's got me paranoid that's for sure!! 

If you keep up on your treatment as in your preventative inhaler and your blue one when needed you'll be fine. I felt the same way before I caught it. It's not a nice bug and I had a really rough 48 hrs but the vast majority that catch it will beat it and they includes people with underlying health issues. But for the lele that wont beat it, we all have to be extra careful.