1 hour ago, dj funky said:

A CHINESE family of 3 adults and 2 children having a great time on the walk outside our home.

Nowt wrong with that, they can still fly in and out too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

That one baffled me. Why do you need consent from the family to release figures that are anonymised?

When a road traffic accident is reported in the press or online they simply state "2 people died" they do not wait for any consent before putting this information into the public domain.

For the government to trot this pathetic excuse for covering up and not being transparent is yet another example of the disinformation they are peddling.

Last night I watched a minister on NewsNight squirming as he tried to defend the low number of ventilators (8,500 according to the Dept of Health) available to the NHS when Matt Hancock had on more than one occasion stated that we now had 12,500 available. The reason given for the discrepancy was that an extra 4,000 had been purchased but not yet delivered, with no ability to provide an ETA or them. It is just another way of trying to palm the public of with reassuring noises when they are telling half truths instead of being transparent.

Every chance component parts for ventilators come from China even if you had people with the skills to nail one together. If you are unable to get bread flour off the shelf how do you source an instant ventilator.

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Nowt up with that 

Really now sat down talking to every body that's walking past, now three people sat next to them, time for the army to move in because its getting worse with all these idiots who don't care for the hard work the NHS and who put their lives at risk. Quote of the day when I asked a couple what they were doing , Can not waste this weather to which I replied tell that to the nurses.

7 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Really now sat down talking to every body that's walking past, now three people sat next to them, time for the army to move in because its getting worse with all these idiots who don't care for the hard work the NHS and who put their lives at risk. Quote of the day when I asked a couple what they were doing , Can not waste this weather to which I replied tell that to the nurses.

What has being Chinese got to do with it? What not a family? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Nothing but you would have thought they would take more care after what happened in China.

Are they chinese tourists?

If there is this much confusion over what is and what not is allowed, and this is obviously leading to some cause for concern from people who are sticking to the "letter of the law" with their interpretation of the guidance provided, then is it not time to have much more black and white orders, not guidance.

If it is correct that the only way to slow down and/or eradicate this virus then the government has to impose much stricter guidelines, i.e no one goes out at all unless they have a permit to do so. People going out for food, in the main could be given "appointments" to go to a designated food store, which should be preferably within a certain distance from their homes. This would give those with a car the freedom to be more variable on the time for their slot, and by increasing the use of the Access bus services to pick up and take people to the supermarket/shop would account for those without a car.

I have been out with my dog this morning and have spent most of the time crossing the road to avoid other people. The current pleasant weather does seem to have brought them out in droves. 

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

Are they chinese tourists?

Do we get many in Halifax? Leeds is usually swarming with them, but i think a lot are students or people who are visiting them. York I could understand seeing high numbers, as it will probably be one of those places that appears on their world tour schedule of 14 countries in 12 days.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

If there is this much confusion over what is and what not is allowed, and this is obviously leading to some cause for concern from people who are sticking to the "letter of the law" with their interpretation of the guidance provided, then is it not time to have much more black and white orders, not guidance.

If it is correct that the only way to slow down and/or eradicate this virus then the government has to impose much stricter guidelines, i.e no one goes out at all unless they have a permit to do so. People going out for food, in the main could be given "appointments" to go to a designated food store, which should be preferably within a certain distance from their homes. This would give those with a car the freedom to be more variable on the time for their slot, and by increasing the use of the Access bus services to pick up and take people to the supermarket/shop would account for those without a car.

I have been out with my dog this morning and have spent most of the time crossing the road to avoid other people. The current pleasant weather does seem to have brought them out in droves. 

Just shoot the idiots and throw them in the rochdale canal. Ive had enough of them now and why should i have to have allocated time slots to go and get food when im starved? Most people are trusted to nip to the supermarket, shop, or a half mile walk or run round the block. 

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Just shoot the idiots and throw them in the rochdale canal. Ive had enough of them now and why should i have to have allocated time slots to go and get food when im starved? Most people are trusted to nip to the supermarket, shop, or a half mile walk or run round the block. 

It's like I said right at the beginning. The difference between the UK and China, Singapore and similar places, is that people over there know when to do as they're told. Too many people in the UK have no respect for authority - often for very good reason it has to be said - but a lock down in the UK was never going to work the same as a lock down in China.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I personally agree that in the majority of cases we should trust people to use common sense when exercising and to not put other people at risk. However, it also appears that some other people are getting upset at the situation, so my suggestion was only based on what else could you do then.

Nobody, I know wants even more draconian measures put in place, but at some point in time, especially if the number of cases and/or deaths continues to rise, we may have to consider this for the good of everyone, including those who will not conform to the advice being provided.

Edited by ITMAN

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

It's like I said right at the beginning. The difference between the UK and China, Singapore and similar places, is that people over there know when to do as they're told. Too many people in the UK have no respect for authority - often for very good reason it has to be said - but a lock down in the UK was never going to work the same as a lock down in China.

Are you suggesting the Chinese way of living is best?

I've been for runs on my lunch break both yesterday and today as my daily exercise for 45 minutes. Yesterday from Salterhebble to Sowerby Bridge and back on the canal. Today through Siddal, Exley, Elland and West Vale. 

For all the people slagging others off for not observing the guidelines, in my experience around here, people ARE.

I'm yet to pass a group larger than 2 adults, people are staying a good distance away from each other, being polite, having manners, being patient, and respecting the seriousness of the situation.

People will always focus on and talk about the **** people are doing, but there's a hell of a large percentage of the local and wider population doing really good things at the moment and doing all they can to end this crisis.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

It would with harsher penalties. 

Putin has said 2 choices. 

1.Stay at home for 15 days. 

2.Or prison for 5 years. 

It, s not the virus spreading. It, s people spreading it.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Seems there is some work going on at the back of the South Stand, maybe the first steps towards the temporary morgue? 

You should know with all your contacts at the club.

55 minutes ago, dj funky said:

You should know with all your contacts at the club.

It wasn't someone at the club who told me about the temporary morgue or about the work. 

Just copied this from F Book.

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

1. Create a virus and the antidote.

2. Spread the virus.

3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume.

4. Cause chaos in the world, starting with Europe.

5. Quickly plaster the economy of dozens of countries.

6. Stop production lines in factories in other countries.

7. Cause stock markets to fall and buy companies at a bargain price.

8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared.

9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale.

10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries.

After all, you read more Confucius than Karl Marx.

*PS: Before laughing, read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon, then we talk. It's all there.*

Worth pondering..
Just Think about this...

How come Russia & North Korea are totally free of Covid- 19? Because they are staunch ally of China. Not a single case reported from this 2 countries. On the other hand South Korea / United Kingdom / Italy / Spain and Asia are severely hit. How come Wuhan is suddenly free from the deadly virus?

China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus.

Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present

THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. ..

China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released.

Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA.

Just Think about it ...
The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities...

Thoughts??

Book.

• Like 1

Russia does have cases. Wuhan isn't "suddenly free" of it. The virus has mutated at least twice since January, and any 'cure' previously prepared may not work against the mutated strains.

Don't get me wrong, the conspiracy theory isn't far from what we would reasonably expect from a country like Russia or China, but I don't see why they wouldn't unload it on the States directly rather than their own people - just the propaganda value of clearing it all up and building a hospital? Hard to believe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, born to moan said:

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

2. Spread the virus.

3. A demonstration of efficiency, building hospitals in a few days. After all, you were already prepared, with the projects, ordering the equipment, hiring the labor, the water and sewage network, the prefabricated building materials and stocked in an impressive volume.

8. Quickly control the epidemic in your country. After all, you were already prepared.

9. Lower the price of commodities, including the price of oil you buy on a large scale.

10. Get back to producing quickly while the world is at a standstill. Buy what you negotiated cheaply in the crisis and sell more expensive what is lacking in countries that have paralyzed their industries.

*PS: Before laughing, read the book by Chinese colonels Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui, from 1999, “Unrestricted Warfare: China’s master plan to destroy America”, on Amazon, then we talk. It's all there.*

Worth pondering..
Just Think about this...

How come Russia & North Korea are totally free of Covid- 19? Because they are staunch ally of China. Not a single case reported from this 2 countries. On the other hand South Korea / United Kingdom / Italy / Spain and Asia are severely hit. How come Wuhan is suddenly free from the deadly virus?

China will say that their drastic initial measures they took was very stern and Wuhan was locked down to contain the spread to other areas. I am sure they are using the Anti dode of the virus.

Why Beijing was not hit? Why only Wuhan? Kind of interesting to ponder upon.. right? Well ..Wuhan is open for business now. America and all the above mentioned countries are devastated financially. Soon American economy will collapse as planned by China. China knows it CANNOT defeat America militarily as USA is at present

THE MOST POWERFUL country in the world. So use the virus...to cripple the economy and paralyse the nation and its Defense capabilities. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi got a part in this. . to topple Trump. Lately President Trump was always telling of how GREAT American economy was improving in all fronts. The only way to destroy his vision of making AMERICA GREAT AGAIN is to create an economic havoc. Nancy Pelosi was unable to bring down Trump thru impeachment. ....so work along with China to destroy Trump by releasing a virus. Wuhan,s epidemic was a showcase. At the peak of the virus epidemic. ..

China's President Xi Jinping...just wore a simple RM1 facemask to visit those effected areas. As President he should be covered from head to toe.....but it was not the case. He was already injected to resist any harm from the virus....that means a cure was already in place before the virus was released.

Some may ask....Bill Gates already predicted the outbreak in 2015...so the chinese agenda cannot be true. The answer is. ..YES...Bill Gates did predict. .but that prediction is based on a genuine virus outbreak. Now China is also telling that the virus was predicted well in advance. ....so that its agenda would play along well to match that prediction. China,s vision is to control the World economy by buying up stocks now from countries facing the brink of severe ECONOMIC COLLAPSE. Later China will announce that their Medical Researchers have found a cure to destroy the virus. Now China have other countries stocks in their arsenal and these countries will soon be slave to their master...CHINA.

Just Think about it ...
The Doctor Who declared this virus was also Silenced by the Chinese Authorities...

Thoughts??

Book.

Your tin foil hat is in the post!

1 hour ago, ashy1966 said:

It would with harsher penalties. 

Putin has said 2 choices. 

1.Stay at home for 15 days. 

2.Or prison for 5 years. 

It, s not the virus spreading. It, s people spreading it.. 

The threat of prison doesn't work when most countries are releasing prisoners due to staff shortages (disguised as either humanitarian reasons or in order to prevent a spread). The threat of prison is much scarier in Russia and China than in the UK. Lock down won't work as effectively here, though still seems to be the most effective course of action.

Agree that people are the root problem.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, born to moan said:

THE GREAT CHINESE STAGE

2. Spread the virus.

Worth pondering..
Just Think about this...

Just Think about it ...

Thoughts??

Book.

Give your head a shake.

• Like 1