34 minutes ago, Shayite 432 said:

NHS is best health system in the world

Aye, I'll vouch for that. Had several visits lately and would give 100% mark for waiting time, service and treatment at The Calderdale Royal. Perhaps knock a point off for car parking.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think people may know that I am biased toward the NHS. In the past couple of weeks my dad has complained of chest and back pain. He is 90 and fairly fit, for his age. It got worse on Friday and we r

I must admit how some are using the pandemic as a chance to political point score is depressing. No country could have been prepared for it - you could argue countries could have been better prepared

It's full of nutters Funky. Silly idiots treating it like it's every man for themself and itake all too selfish.   I've some time on my hands so if anybody elderly or who live on their own and ca

Posted Images

It might be but there are still flights coming in and out - sounds more like a typical half arsed Italian way of doing things. Anyway, I suppose it is better than sticking your head in the sand like Donald Trump, as it is all fake news....

Edited by ITMAN
7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

It might be but there are still flights coming in and out - sounds more like a typical half arsed Italian way of doing things. Anyway, I suppose it is better than sticking your head in the sand like Donald Trump, as it is all fake news....

Trump has not said anything of the sort. Boris seems to think all is well though.

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

Trump has not said anything of the sort. Boris seems to think all is well though.

Funny that the stock markets don't agree that Trump has it under control. The virus epidemic along with the Russia/Saudi spat over oil has them all spooked for some reason. 

Most of the news last night was pointing out how blase Trump was about the whole thing, anyway, he has dumped it on Mike Pence's shoulders. so if it goes tits up then Mike crashes and burns.

2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Funny that the stock markets don't agree that Trump has it under control. The virus epidemic along with the Russia/Saudi spat over oil has them all spooked for some reason. 

Most of the news last night was pointing out how blase Trump was about the whole thing, anyway, he has dumped it on Mike Pence's shoulders. so if it goes tits up then Mike crashes and burns.

Teflon Don!

6 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Trump has not said he has it under control.

3 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Trump has not said he has it under control.

True, he has kept a low profile about it, preferring to espouse the biggliness of the US economy, which funnily enough most of the financial experts are now coming out and warning that most of the increase in the economy is built on debt, which to a man of my means looks akin to a Ponzi scheme. The only ones who will suffer will be the working classes and those without medical insurance.

1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

True, he has kept a low profile about it, preferring to espouse the biggliness of the US economy, which funnily enough most of the financial experts are now coming out and warning that most of the increase in the economy is built on debt, which to a man of my means looks akin to a Ponzi scheme. The only ones who will suffer will be the working classes and those without medical insurance.

The entire World economy is one giant ponzi scheme, it was before Trump came along. Any Nation that attempts to withdraw from the scheme usually ends up being turned into rubble.

32 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The entire World economy is one giant ponzi scheme, it was before Trump came along. Any Nation that attempts to withdraw from the scheme usually ends up being turned into rubble.

Quite true. I read Owen Jones's book "The Establishment" when on holiday a couple of years back and it is clear to see the the World Order as we know it is not run for the benefit of people like me.

23 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

It's crazy that companies can report a £9 billion profit whilst carrying a £70 billion debt . A mad world

And that's just Man Utd....

Well that's that then. If the Premier League can't afford the increased insurance costs of playing on through this corona virus, I don't think it'll be too much longer before lower leagues follow suit. The question then will be is the season simply postponed until some point in the future, or is it just cancelled and we start again in August? Would hate to be a Liverpool fan right now!

8 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Well that's that then. If the Premier League can't afford the increased insurance costs of playing on through this corona virus, I don't think it'll be too much longer before lower leagues follow suit. The question then will be is the season simply postponed until some point in the future, or is it just cancelled and we start again in August? Would hate to be a Liverpool fan right now!

I would laugh my socks off (Liverpool.) Other than that it's a right ball ache. Or is that a different virus?

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I would laugh my socks off (Liverpool.) Other than that it's a right ball ache. Or is that a different virus?

The problem is that Premier League clubs can probably manage without matches given that match day income is around 13% of their annual income. However, lower league clubs rely massively on matchday income.

• Like 2

It's now been declared a pandemic by Daltrey and townshend at WHO. 

I see Scargill has interviewed Wild and asked him about it. He's a football manager not a respiratory or vIral disease expert. 

Jurgen Klopp got it right yesterday when saying the same.  Talk about football issues. 

Edited by Icke's Lizard

I reckon it's a matter of time until the rest of the season's games are held behind closed doors. The situation is pretty serious. 

If I were organising the club or the league I'd be looking into live-streaming games for the remainder of the season, perhaps with a pay what you want policy to log-in and watch online. What else are we gonna do when there are no more gate receipts?