Just now, Erik Everhard said:

The trouble is that far too many people only care about themselves. Don't give a dam about anybody else just look after number one. 

Then when a terrible virus hits the population and we are told to stay in and look after ourselves but also, at the same time, by isolating we're asked to look after others, the last bit just doesn't compute. Look after others? Nah, I'm off out to get pissed with my mates innit. 

Scumbags the lot of them. 

Exactly.  Saw an interview with people in a packed park yesterday and the particular g question was "don't you worry about the huge crowd of people and passing it on?" 

"Naahhh, I'm alright!" 

Just because he has no symptoms doesn't mean he doesn't have it. It's going to take a loved one dying for people to take it seriously.  

They remind me of toddlers who keep pushing it just because they're told no, but even toddlers learn that it's wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Morrisons in illingworth have been operating a 1 in and out policy with about 6 people in stare at any time, a nice orderly queue outside to remind us we really are British after last week's antics. 

As for people outside boozing. I really don't get what is so hard to follow for some. I live on my own and I'm missing my friends, but no way will I instigate meeting up. We'very all got facetime on our phones and most tarriffs are cheap so have a laugh on that. 

Having the police or military on the streets won't bother me because I'll be indoors. It's only d-heads who need worry coz they don't listen. 

I've been a vociferous advocate of snipers on roof tops for a long time. Also, at the same time, a softer measure of government employees on the ground carrying tasers. 

Now the reason for this was originally to fight the terrible scurge of morons who look at their phones and continue to walk and not watch where they're going. They happily look at their phone, walk along and expect you to move. What I actually do is let them get really close and say loudly and quickly LOOK UP. This tends to make them jump and with a little bit of luck, embarrasses them into putting their phones down and watching where the hell they're going. 

So my measures are if you've already been tasered then the next step is the sniper takes you out. 

OK, some will say it's a tad harsh. Others might say it's not that bad where they live. I would say OK I hear your concerns but how about if I extend it to Deliveroo and Uber riders and now, nesbits that don't abide by the government lock down rules. 

Vote for me, you know it makes sense. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT EVEN A MILD INFECTION OF THIS CAN CAUSE UP TO 80% LUNG DAMAGE - DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO RESTRICT ANY CHANCE OF GETTING INFECTION OR PASSING ON INFECTION . 

I can't be bothered opening up Rev Trevs links but the advice Trev is giving and advice many people claim to be following is not consistent with the emails that I am receiving from various Government bodies

11 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT EVEN A MILD INFECTION OF THIS CAN CAUSE UP TO 80% LUNG DAMAGE - DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO RESTRICT ANY CHANCE OF GETTING INFECTION OR PASSING ON INFECTION . 

I can't be bothered opening up Rev Trevs links but the advice Trev is giving and advice many people claim to be following is not consistent with the emails that I am receiving from various Government bodies

When have any of trevs posts made sence?

Edited by chrisbo61
C

35 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

My GP called me and was going to prescribe me some steroids but I'm already steroid dependant so it's not that easy. 

The virus has caused me some lung damage but my body has coped amazingly well so far. I've still taken my 3 inhalers and nasal spray as well as my antihistamines and I think that's really helped me to beat it. 

I'll be stuck with a sore chest for weeks now though so I'll have to take it steady. 

It's a really nasty little aid is this virus. 

54 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You cannot be bothered opening a link to see what it says about the virus on a government web site? 

Baaaaa Baaaaa

44 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

When have any of trevs posts made sence?

My posts make 'sense', yours maybe sence.

My post simply asked people to look what the government website was saying as it is inconsistent with their actions.

Quite simple really but if you Baaaa Baaaa too, quite difficult.

26 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

My posts make 'sense', yours maybe sence.

My post simply asked people to look what the government website was saying as it is inconsistent with their actions.

Quite simple really but if you Baaaa Baaaa too, quite difficult.

If you were in my position giving palliative care to someone whose chemo was stopped today because if they caught the vinous they would die. You would not give a fig about what website says what or calling people sheep or Baaaaaaa or Baaaaaa and you would self isolate get food delivered to your garage leaving it for 48 hours and only allowing careers into the house

You are pathetic

2 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

If you were in my position giving palliative care to someone whose chemo was stopped today because if they caught the vinous they would die. You would not give a fig about what website says what or calling people sheep or Baaaaaaa or Baaaaaa and you would self isolate get food delivered to your garage leaving it for 48 hours and only allowing careers into the house

You are pathetic

This is not a personal debate, it is about the bigger picture.

My Brother has just had his Chemo stopped and now he can have no visitors, not even me. I am at risk with having high blood pressure. I would never use this in a way to stem debate. I am sorry you are in such a boat but please, do not use it to look at what is very important to everyone, not just you.

50 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

You cannot be bothered opening a link to see what it says about the virus on a government web site? 

Baaaaa Baaaaa

Why would I need to open a link to read about a virus that I already know more about than any medical expert currently does ?

3 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Exactly.  Saw an interview with people in a packed park yesterday and the particular g question was "don't you worry about the huge crowd of people and passing it on?" 

"Naahhh, I'm alright!" 

Just because he has no symptoms doesn't mean he doesn't have it. It's going to take a loved one dying for people to take it seriously.  

They remind me of toddlers who keep pushing it just because they're told no, but even toddlers learn that it's wrong. 

For christ sake get the re runs of Jeremy Kyle back on.. 

That will empty the parks immediately and get them self isolating. 

Job done Boris. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

This is not a personal debate, it is about the bigger picture.

My Brother has just had his Chemo stopped and now he can have no visitors, not even me. I am at risk with having high blood pressure. I would never use this in a way to stem debate. I am sorry you are in such a boat but please, do not use it to look at what is very important to everyone, not just you.

You are a prick!

4 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

You are a prick!

F u c k off and explain why asking why there is inconsistency in what the government says and what it is doing. A rational argument you irrational people fail to answer.

Edited by Shaytrev

37 minutes ago, percy shaw said:

Meanwhile the NHS frontline will serve the country as always. 

Have to admire & take your hat off to anyone who works in the medical profession dealing with the situation on a daily basis, respect to you all.

One issue which bugs me is that the NHS are having to negotiate beds & prices with private hospitals, in this time of crisis they should be commandeered at absolute basic cost.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Have to admire & take your hat off to anyone who works in the medical profession dealing with the situation on a daily basis, respect to you all.

One issue which bugs me is that the NHS are having to negotiate beds & prices with private hospitals, in this time of crisis they should be commandeered at absolute basic cost.

Depends what area the hospital is in. In Calderdale, unless they are wrong, there are only 7 with the virus according to the BBC.

24 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

F u c k off and explain why asking why there is inconsistency in what the government says and what it is doing. A rational argument you irrational people fail to answer.

The inconsistencies are the big problem . Boris can make a statement saying one thing at the start of it and something completely different at the end of it and people think what a jolly good boy he is . I've emailed Public Health England with some concerns (doubt they'll have the balls to act)

I wonder what event would have to occur to stop all arguments on Shaymen.net?

Im thinking the Queen, the Pope, ET, Jesus and Allah could turn up and sit in the east stand and somebody would probably tell them they're sat in someone's seat. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Just counted 30 arctics going over burdock way from 10.30 to 10.35,probably  heading to supermarkets at a guess

4 minutes ago, pen21 said:

Just counted 30 arctics going over burdock way from 10.30 to 10.35,probably  heading to supermarkets at a guess

Should not have posted that information on here, this lot will now be there first thing at morning opening with ten trolly's each.

2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Should not have posted that information on here, this lot will now be there first thing at morning opening with ten trolly's each.

Not me. I'd rather pay an extra fiver on my weekly shop at the off-licence by me. In and out within 2 minutes, and less chance of catching owt. 

It's good that stoaks are getting back to normal though as it was heartbreaking knowing people went without because of idiots.