Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×

13 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Just drawing your attention to the government website and waiting for an expert explanation.

I've read loads mate, I watch the news, I listen to the commentators. When the Worlds leaders and the Worlds greatest scientific minds are giving clear instruction then that's good enough for me. My original comment was that we will soon seen a strong Police & Army presence on the streets. And unfortunately that's due to the imbeciles in our society who for some reason seem to think they are exempt. Apart from fines that will follow when these people are arrested, then in my opinion if they are arrested then should forfeit the right to medical assistance should they fall ill.

Edited by TommyH72
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flea said:

So tell me, what is your advice in dealing with this then and how does it differ from what the government is saying?

We can go there when first, an explanation is given as to why we need more stricter controls after it is no longer considered as HCID.

Edited by Shaytrev

5 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I've read loads mate, I watch the news, I listen to the commentators. When the Worlds leaders and the Worlds greatest scientific minds are giving clear instruction then that's good enough for me. My original comment was that we will soon seen a strong Police & Army presence on the streets. And unfortunately that's due to the imbeciles in our society who for some reason seem to think they are exempt. Apart from fines that will follow when these people are arrested, then in my opinion if they are arrested then should forfeit the right to medical assistance should they fall ill.

Your post still does not answer the question.

It is like a Daily Mail paragraph.

Edited by Shaytrev

2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

It is like a Daily Mail paragraph.

What question do you want me to answer? I am not an expert on Corvid-19 or any other political medical matter, but I am a law abiding citizen who is trying to do my "bit" by following the rules such as they are. I look after me & mine and hopefully that helps to keep others safe as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Not an expert opinion at all, but those infected with something classified as a HCID are normally dealt with in just a handful of locations around the UK - those set up best to deal with them. Isolation beds, specially trained staff, etc. Such HCIDs usually only affect small groups in the UK before they are identified and dealt with, normally those who have recently travelled from hot spots like equatorial Africa. Perhaps, in the case of Covid-19, the classification has been reversed temporarily because of the sheer number requiring treatment, with it simply not possible to isolate them within those hospitals that normally deal with HCIDs. Maybe removing the classification was quicker than changing or introducing new legislation.

In all my years reading this forum I don’t think I’ve ever come across as much of a head in sand moment. I think it may be time to take a a break as some people’s stupidity seems to know no bounds. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

What question do you want me to answer? I am not an expert on Corvid-19 or any other political medical matter, but I am a law abiding citizen who is trying to do my "bit" by following the rules such as they are. I look after me & mine and hopefully that helps to keep others safe as well.

If this doesn't bring home the seriousness of our situation then there is no hope left.

Stay Home.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

safe_image.php?d=AQBGs2gwt8X5kNjP&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.diariodelanzarote.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Farchivos%2F2015%2FMarzo%25202015%2F250320-gallina660.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQBwQavrCcOv7Dec

IDIOT OF THE YEAR AWARD to this idiot in Uga Lanzarote faces poss 30,000€ fine.

That's nowt - someone was arrested in Madrid for walking their invisible dog (seriously, they had a lead and everything...).

11 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

If this doesn't bring home the seriousness of our situation then there is no hope left.

Stay Home.jpg

Hey up, cannot win a battle, put children on the front line, like Nazis tying prisoners of war to the front of their tanks, harder if not impossible to fire back. Cowardly tactics.

Edited by Shaytrev

14 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Stay Home.jpg

I'm pretty sure they've spelt their wrong. They should have said they're. They are going to hospital rather than their going to hospital. Their would usually denote that it's that person's. Their house or their child etc. Whereas in this case its they are so they're. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Stay Home.jpg

As a parent and a parent to a son with autism this is the scariest thing I have read during this pandemic. There is no way on this planet my son could function never mind come to terms with this scenario. Whilst there are institutions that are holding people with autism and similar disabilities for unspecified lengths of time because they are problematic my son, if separated from us, would go into meltdown mode become aggressive and could potentially end up in one of these units many miles away from home. 

We are obeying the government's guidelines to protect ourselves but also others. I implore everyone else to do the same and think about what their actions can do to total strangers and their lives.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

safe_image.php?d=AQBGs2gwt8X5kNjP&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.diariodelanzarote.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Farchivos%2F2015%2FMarzo%25202015%2F250320-gallina660.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQBwQavrCcOv7Dec

IDIOT OF THE YEAR AWARD to this idiot in Uga Lanzarote faces poss 30,000€ fine.

Why did the chicken cross the road? 

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I'm pretty sure they've spelt their wrong. They should have said they're. They are going to hospital rather than their going to hospital. Their would usually denote that it's that person's. Their house or their child etc. Whereas in this case its they are so they're. 

Yep, your right mate. Having said that, it's my understanding that in modern society the spelling of words is less important than people being able to understand the meaning. Examiners have to use that rule when marking exam papers, just as if in a maths question the answer is less important than the method used in the working out as to how they arrived at the answer. But as we are in the middle of a pandemic I suppose the spelling of words is a very important issue.

• Like 1

Just took the dog out where I live in Leeds and loads of ppl still out in clunps enjoying the sunshine, playing tennis in large groups, sat on the grass, this and that. Falling on deaf ears. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1 said:

Just took the dog out where I live in Leeds and loads of ppl still out in clunps enjoying the sunshine, playing tennis in large groups, sat on the grass, this and that. Falling on deaf ears. 

Especially for the Non Believers:-

Coronavirus: Woman, 21, believed to be UK's youngest to die with no health conditions

Young Girl.jpg

• Sad 1

Loads of folk in Asda, they have the 2 metre lines at the checkouts, but in the rest if the store hou can have as many down an aisle as want to be down them! Need to limit numbers going into store. Drove past a house and there must have been at least 6 adults sat in the garden boozing! You are not telling me they are from the same household. Either they are choosing to ignore the messages or they are just ****ing stupid

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Loads of folk in Asda, they have the 2 metre lines at the checkouts, but in the rest if the store hou can have as many down an aisle as want to be down them! Need to limit numbers going into store. Drove past a house and there must have been at least 6 adults sat in the garden boozing! You are not telling me they are from the same household. Either they are choosing to ignore the messages or they are just ****ing stupid

I wound hazard a guess at both. 

42 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Yep, your right mate. Having said that, it's my understanding that in modern society the spelling of words is less important than people being able to understand the meaning. Examiners have to use that rule when marking exam papers, just as if in a maths question the answer is less important than the method used in the working out as to how they arrived at the answer. But as we are in the middle of a pandemic I suppose the spelling of words is a very important issue.

The message is the most important aspect. But it should always be delivered correctly otherwise it can lack authenticity. 

It is understandable during these trying times. We all make mistakes. 

12 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Especially for the Non Believers:-

Coronavirus: Woman, 21, believed to be UK's youngest to die with no health conditions

Young Girl.jpg

I don't know if you've read about the 2 different strains of the virus? There's strain L and strain S. 

One of them seems to hit younger people harder. The other strain tends to be batted away by young people's immune systems. The more people go about like nothing is wrong and they're carefree, the more chance this thing has to spread even further and to possibly mutate again. 

I'm amazed at how well my body has coped with it. I'm in the sore chest stage at the moment with the odd bit of coughing but at the moment I'm still a bit rough and worn out but compared to some poor folk on ventilators I'm I'm incredibly lucky. I'm not counting my chickens because this horrible virus can have a sting in the tail but I'm hoping I've got over the worst of it all. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

A company that drop off my medication for me ha e just told me that they're still arguing over the price of a testing kit. The chap I spoke has heard the cost over the counter will be £100.

So if that's the case it'll rule the cast majority of us out of having the test. 

Watch this space. 

31 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Morrisons in illingworth have been operating a 1 in and out policy with about 6 people in stare at any time, a nice orderly queue outside to remind us we really are British after last week's antics. 

As for people outside boozing. I really don't get what is so hard to follow for some. I live on my own and I'm missing my friends, but no way will I instigate meeting up. We'very all got facetime on our phones and most tarriffs are cheap so have a laugh on that. 

Having the police or military on the streets won't bother me because I'll be indoors. It's only d-heads who need worry coz they don't listen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

Morrisons in illingworth have been operating a 1 in and out policy with about 6 people in stare at any time, a nice orderly queue outside to remind us we really are British after last week's antics. 

As for people outside boozing. I really don't get what is so hard to follow for some. I live on my own and I'm missing my friends, but no way will I instigate meeting up. We'very all got facetime on our phones and most tarriffs are cheap so have a laugh on that. 

Having the police or military on the streets won't bother me because I'll be indoors. It's only d-heads who need worry coz they don't listen. 

Only 6 in Morrisons? It's massive!

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Only 6 in Morrisons? It's massive!

Only what Ive seen people been saying. As soon as somebody approaches the till they let a new customer in so will be more than 6 to be honest.  

They're open 15 hours a day so waiting round is a small price to pay under the circumstances. 

• Like 1