Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×

8 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Don't think so, people are still cramming onto the tube in London, flights still landing, immigrants still coming.

The fucking apocalypse is upon us and Trev's still whining about uncontrolled immigration. Are you the editor of the Daily Mail?

Just now, Hoddie said:

The ****ing apocalypse is upon us and Trev's still whining about uncontrolled immigration. Are you the editor of the Daily Mail?

You have fallen for the mass hysteria caused by the likes of the Daily Mail. 

Would you care to read the government website, link provided? Would you fk, cos you're a clever cnt.

15 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

You have fallen for the mass hysteria caused by the likes of the Daily Mail. 

Would you care to read the government website, link provided? Would you fk, cos you're a clever cnt.

I haven't read the Daily Mail in yonks. And yeah I've read the guidance, several times in fact because it keeps changing. I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make, I just find it amusing that you're still going on about immigrants. You could be the last person alive and you'd still be schizophrenically whining about it to yourself.

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

I haven't read the Daily Mail in yonks. And yeah I've read the guidance, several times in fact because it keeps changing. I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make, I just find it amusing that you're still going on about immigrants. You could be the last person alive and you'd still be schizophrenically whining about it to yourself.

I am not going on about immigrants you moron. I gave three examples as to why things have not changed with the 'lockdown' of The People of these Islands. You don't seem to find it strange, I am not surprised as Sheeple never question. They might bleat about governments, especially Conservative governments but accept everything they do and say, apart from their website content of course. Carry on nibbling the short grass, Baaaaaaa Baaaaaaa

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I am not going on about immigrants you moron. I gave three examples as to why things have not changed with the 'lockdown' of The People of these Islands. You don't seem to find it strange, I am not surprised as Sheeple never question. They might bleat about governments, especially Conservative governments but accept everything they do and say, apart from their website content of course. Carry on nibbling the short grass, Baaaaaaa Baaaaaaa

I often wonder what's wrong with you. Whatever it is, I bet it's hard to pronounce. :)

You gave three reasons, two of them associated with immigrants. Let's deal with that. Most flights coming in to the UK are full of Brits being repatriated. Most are at least two-thirds empty though some from popular expat destinations like Spain and Egypt are bursting with Brits desperate to get home for the comforts of the NHS and family. Most European airlines are running a skeleton service because (a) they're required to in order to retain popular landing slots - the rules are changing on this soon, and (b) because they have contractual obligations to carry mail. Some airlines have stopped scheduled flights altogether but their planes are still in the air having been offered to governments for use in repatriation, carrying medical supplies, government personnel, etc. Even P&O are only running ferries to France and Ireland in order to keep cargo on the move, and carrying what few passengers are still trying to get home - their Belgian routes are suspended.

Your third reason - the Tube - I agree it's ridiculous. But with the mixed messages coming from the government about who is and who isn't a key worker, and what constitutes an authorised trip out is probably the root cause, amplified by the sheer stupidity of too many people. Even today government ministers were saying "work at home if you can, only go to work if you have no other option." London's a big place and it's not hard to imagine that 10,000s of people don't have any option but to go to work. Either because they're part of the 'essential' group or because they need cash to live or their employer is forcing them to (see the Sports Direct debacle today).

Journalist describing the situation in China .

"There is now a CHINK of light at the end of a very dark tunnel."  Oops.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Some numb nuts decided that they'd have a bbq with about 20 mates in Coventry today.  This country is genuinely thick. 

Perhaps they read the government website first.

19 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Perhaps they read the government website first.

Yeah the government advice has been sketchy, but people shouldn't need their hand holding and arse wiped all their life.

Why can't people just act reyt in the head and be responsible.  I'm not a smart Alec but I don't need government to advice to tell me to stay away from people and stay in home, and thst hoes for many on here too. 

On 3/23/2020 at 11:24 PM, Flea said:

We will get through this.

Stay safe everyone. 

Thank God that prick Corbyn didn't win. 

One thing that is making me laugh is conservative voters throughout the land and on my Facebook and Twitter are asking for Corbyn inspires and Corbyn style policies such as suspension of rent, gas, electricity, council tax bills. 

If they had voted for Corbyn thry're would have got these things, plus free Internet for your lockdown! 

For the record Im not being party political here, it's just an observation. 

I'm not a fan of the tories whatsoever but these are unprecedented times and people just want to kick Boris or Corbyn just because they play for the other team. 

I dislike Boris and his whole character, but Im backing him because I'd be cutting my nose of to spite my face wanting him to fail and therefore hundreds and thousands dying of this awful virus. Got to be the bigger man sometimes and hope he pulls through from the sake of us all. 

• Like 1

Whilst this may be a World problem, each Country is accountable for the way they handle their responsibilities and it might help Bumbling Boris if a) half of what said made sense and b) he actually managed to have some consistency . The idiots taking the asylum is not the way forward and this current 3 weeks of house arrest will soon become 3 months (do you really believe that the citizen's Of Britain are going to play along) . His silver bullet of 60 + million testing kits and 60 + million doses of vaccination aren't just around the corner

• Like 1

I think we all know this won't end in 3 weeks. 

Figures show this virus is growing. We are mirroring Italy and are a few weeks behind them and with even stronger measures in place there they keep seeing an increase in cases.

I fully expect we will get stricter lockdown measures put in place within the next week or so. We are talking months here, not weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Flea said:

I think we all know this won't end in 3 weeks. 

Figures show this virus is growing. We are mirroring Italy and are a few weeks behind them and with even stronger measures in place there they keep seeing an increase in cases.

I fully expect we will get stricter lockdown measures put in place within the next week or so. We are talking months here, not weeks. 

Italy have actually reported a fall in cases over the last few days and fatalities too. They said its too early yet to say its definitely on its way out but the signs are very encouraging. 

I've been speaking to people tonight and there are still non essential companies making their employees work through this.

Italy have just announced that all non essential factories must close today. 

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Italy have actually reported a fall in cases over the last few days and fatalities too. They said its too early yet to say its definitely on its way out but the signs are very encouraging. 

I've been speaking to people tonight and there are still non essential companies making their employees work through this.

Italy have just announced that all non essential factories must close today. 

Deaths up in the last 24 hours, however were on the decline in the 2 days prior to that.

The problem is that there are rumoured to be a lot more dead that sadly can't be accessed or accounted for at the moment in Italy. Reports I have seen come back that they fear the deaths in Italy could rocket on what is currently reported once they are able to account for everyone. 

We are now seeing around 2000 deaths a day, which had doubled from the 1000 deaths about a week ago. A couple more weeks of it doubling on itself and the numbers become even more bleak, really quickly. 

Scarily we were told that if the UK could escape with "only" 20,000 deaths we would have done well (This came from Johnson or one of his aids about a week ago). Globally going on growth we will surpass 20,000 deaths worldwide tomorrow. Considering the amount of problems it has caused already, I fear for what could come if our best case result is currently a number greater than all reported deaths to date. 

Edited by Flea

Not trying to defend the stupidity of crammed tube trains and queues of builders trying to get into sites in Manchester, we have to remember that these people are hit with a double whammy.

1. They are either self employed or working as sub-contractors. No work no pay

2. They are probably working for low rates, and especially in London probably have to rely on public transport to get to their place of work.

3. For the benefit of Trev, those in London are also probably non-british nationals, doing the building work because we do not have enough UK born workers prepared to do a hard/honest days graft. I notice there were no such queues at any Call centres up and down the land.

So if the only option you have to get to your crappy job which you need to go to in order to pay the exorbitant rent that some shyster landlord is extorting from you is to get on a public transport system that has been cut by 40% in the last few days, then I for one will not be having a pop at you. 

Our main Airport terminal closes today, you need medical paperwork to get on the Island using the old small terminal, cases here gone up to 19, 1 death (German gent). All foreign visitors to be off the Island by tomorrow or have to stay for duration of the pandemic.

5 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Not trying to defend the stupidity of crammed tube trains and queues of builders trying to get into sites in Manchester, we have to remember that these people are hit with a double whammy.

1. They are either self employed or working as sub-contractors. No work no pay

2. They are probably working for low rates, and especially in London probably have to rely on public transport to get to their place of work.

3. For the benefit of Trev, those in London are also probably non-british nationals, doing the building work because we do not have enough UK born workers prepared to do a hard/honest days graft. I notice there were no such queues at any Call centres up and down the land.

So if the only option you have to get to your crappy job which you need to go to in order to pay the exorbitant rent that some shyster landlord is extorting from you is to get on a public transport system that has been cut by 40% in the last few days, then I for one will not be having a pop at you. 

I am self employed and have worked for my son in the building trade for over two years, worked down south, up north and all over Yorkshire and Lancashire. Not met a non-British National yet. Stop firing the old canard that British Nationals do not do an honest days graft.

I work in construction and the advice from the Government has been woeful.

I am office based, so started working from home yesterday. Obviously our lads on site are wanting to keep working (to earn money) but are concerned about catching/spreading the virus. Some of the sites we are working on closed yesterday. However, we have a hotel project that is about 3 weeks from completion. The site is still open and we are on £10k a week liquidated and ascertained damages should the project not complete on time and its our fault. Hopefully the site will be shut soon because some tasks on site arent as straight forward as staying 2mt away from everyone else.

The problem is going to be getting supplies . I have things that I am going to urgently require at some point but somewhere down the line at least one link in the supply chain will be missing leaving me in a pickle

45 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I work in construction and the advice from the Government has been woeful.

I am office based, so started working from home yesterday. Obviously our lads on site are wanting to keep working (to earn money) but are concerned about catching/spreading the virus. Some of the sites we are working on closed yesterday. However, we have a hotel project that is about 3 weeks from completion. The site is still open and we are on £10k a week liquidated and ascertained damages should the project not complete on time and its our fault. Hopefully the site will be shut soon because some tasks on site arent as straight forward as staying 2mt away from everyone else.

Bubba- it is a helluva challenge particularly due to the fragility of the industry and nature of sub-contracted labour, I am client side and we have just had to put on hold a £1million project due to overwhelming concerns about non-completion

57 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The problem is going to be getting supplies . I have things that I am going to urgently require at some point but somewhere down the line at least one link in the supply chain will be missing leaving me in a pickle

A least you will be preserved.:D That straight out of Mr.chadders book.

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Bubba- it is a helluva challenge particularly due to the fragility of the industry and nature of sub-contracted labour, I am client side and we have just had to put on hold a £1million project due to overwhelming concerns about non-completion

Ive always said, construction is one of the first to slow down when there is an economic crisis and one of the last to recovery. Explains why I have been made redundant 4 times in my career :)

Maybe you can send some work my way in the future, as a fellow Shayman :D