Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×

I suffer from Claustrophobia but convinced myself I was ok in a lift at Tenerife, bad mistake because it got stuck and it had only moved a couple of inches, took most of my clothes off and kicked the door in wrecking the whole lift, the game at Macclesfield where the idiots crammed us in the pen was bad for me but lucky our boys decided to take action at h/t and take control of the other stand.

Can easily deal with most of the edicts but the subsistence grocery shopping is the big issue even if the products needed are on the shelf. Been happily making my own bread for years until the locusts stripped the shelves of flour & yeast.

49 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Three yobs boozed up drinking out of bottles outside our home and pulling faces right up to the window tonight, the idiots have took over now the pubs have closed.

Let's hope they're found and fined. Wipe the smiles off their faces. 

51 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Three yobs boozed up drinking out of bottles outside our home and pulling faces right up to the window tonight, the idiots have took over now the pubs have closed.

That type of behaviour might just earn them a bruise or two in the current situation, typical of our yob culture.

Been trying to order at Sainsbury's all day and never heard so many pathetic excuses but yet found out a neighbour who shops at Tesco managed to get an order in, that's loyalty 2020 style.

3 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

That type of behaviour might just earn them a bruise or two in the current situation, typical of our yob culture.

Lets hope.

9 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Let's hope they're found and fined. Wipe the smiles off their faces. 

If only I was 60 years younger would have took the lot of them on.

• Like 2

We will get through this.

Stay safe everyone. 

Thank God that prick Corbyn didn't win. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Greggs said:

Well that's it. Finally he has got tough on people. Now these rules need to be enforced to the letter. The parents of little feral chavs need to be slapped with a fine time and again to stop them. 

For people like me though and indeed others in key work areas I still dont think it has gone far enough. Limitations of people in Supermarkets needs to be brought in aswell. Just because we work in key areas doesn't mean we deserve to put at risk. As tough as it may be people need to be given shopping slots. How easy that is to do I dont know 

Easy Greggs been going on her from day 1 of lock down

1 person per sq yard of supermarket then 1 out 1 in

only 1 person per family to shop

Hands have to be cleansed on entrance and gloves on before entering.

It actually made the shopping a pleasant experience, I never thought I´d ever say that.

8 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Can easily deal with most of the edicts but the subsistence grocery shopping is the big issue even if the products needed are on the shelf. Been happily making my own bread for years until the locusts stripped the shelves of flour & yeast.

Same here mate! Mass produced cardboard does not cut it for me!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Same here mate! Mass produced cardboard does not cut it for me!

I've tried many times to make it but I can't bake it to save my life. Nearly every time its too dense and stodgy, but can't beat when it's still a little bit warm and you smother it in lurpak like bonding a wall. 

16 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I've tried many times to make it but I can't bake it to save my life. Nearly every time its too dense and stodgy, but can't beat when it's still a little bit warm and you smother it in lurpak like bonding a wall. 

Ha ha, yeh, my first few attempts were pretty dire! Patience is the thing when proving, you just have to judge it by eye rather than timing it with a clock!

20 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Screenshot_20200324-075342_Photos.jpg

• Like 1

At this moment, figures from BBC, there are 7 confirmed cases of Corona Virus out of a population of 210,082 in Calderdale.

4 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

At this moment, figures from BBC, there are 7 confirmed cases of Corona Virus out of a population of 210,082 in Calderdale.

That's 7 people that have gone into hospital and been tested. There will be many more. 

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

That's 7 people that have gone into hospital and been tested. There will be many more. 

That is why it says 'confirmed' Erik. Hope you are feeling better.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

That is why it says 'confirmed' Erik. Hope you are feeling better.

A tiny bit better though I had no sleep last night. I'm gonna get my head down in a bit. My doctor has just called me to see how I'm feeling. She was also annoyed with the useless 111 charlatans advice. 

Yes, that's the trouble with all this. Testing. My doctor just said there should be testing posts in every area and everyone should be tested. 

I know the government have ordered millions of kits but how much longer will they take. Also they need the test to see if you've already had it. 

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Was 2 last tues so 5 in a week , personally think we need to keep eye on Calderdale and Kirklees figs , so approx 15 diagnosed so far out of almost 600.000 

On the 19th of March the UK Government website stated that the coronavirus is “no longer considered to be disease of high consequence” and that the mortality rate is “low overall”. So WTF is really going on?

Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK.

The 4 nations public health HCID group made an interim recommendation in January 2020 to classify COVID-19 as an HCID. This was based on consideration of the UK HCID criteria about the virus and the disease with information available during the early stages of the outbreak. Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.

The Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens (ACDP) is also of the opinion that COVID-19 should no longer be classified as an HCID.

The need to have a national, coordinated response remains, but this is being met by the government’s COVID-19 response.

Cases of COVID-19 are no longer managed by HCID treatment centres only. All healthcare workers managing possible and confirmed cases should follow the updated national infection and prevention (IPC) guidance for COVID-19, which supersedes all previous IPC guidance for COVID-19. This guidance includes instructions about different personal protective equipment (PPE) ensembles that are appropriate for different clinical scenarios.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid?fbclid=IwAR2C8TYRRy7a0mEf7ceGunsR1HGOQwUB0W94_4YIq0hcjce7liYpc9y74hY