8 hours ago, Flea said:

I almost have a continual cough, I have one at the moment, however its par for the course for me this time of the year.

I have exactly the same thing - turned out to be 'oral allergy syndrome' which is caused by birch pollen or eating certain fruits. Most people allergic to birch pollen also get the cough, and though it's mild for most It can be quite debilitating for some people. It can be managed by not eating certain fruits and nuts during the spring (Google for a full list), and in the more serious cases with an antihistamine (some people require a prescription-only one).

You should get tested if possible because it can become more serious over time (as it did with me) and could eventually lead to anaphylaxis (which itself can be fatal).

5 hours ago, kit said:

If anyone can get it, you'll doubtless cop for it. I can't understand why the Government are herding everyone into supermarkets, which all seem packed if they've got owt to sell. They must be the most dangerous places to frequent now, but no restrictions on going there (apart from when OAP hour is on).

You will be ok in supermarket

After years of being told by some politicians  that people are living too long nowadays and old people are not just a strain on  the NHS but the whole economy, we are now willing to collapse the world economy so old people don't die.

Edited by Shaytrev

1 hour ago, Shaytrev said:

After years of being told by some politicians  that people are living too long nowadays and old people are not just a strain on  the NHS but the whole economy, we are now willing to collapse the world economy so old people don't die.

Everybody at some point in their lives will need the NHS , they save people's lives so are in my opinion the most important workers in the country .

Hospitals and NHS staff should be the top priority and more money should have been invested , nurses leaving due to financial reasons is crazy , run down hospitals in need of repair.

Our Health service should be one of the best in the world but it lags behind alot of countries .

Any politician who says OAPs are a drain on the NHS should be shot , build a health service that can provide care for everybody regardless how old they are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, monk said:

Everybody at some point in their lives will need the NHS , they save people's lives so are in my opinion the most important workers in the country .

Hospitals and NHS staff should be the top priority and more money should have been invested , nurses leaving due to financial reasons is crazy , run down hospitals in need of repair.

Our Health service should be one of the best in the world but it lags behind alot of countries .

Any politician who says OAPs are a drain on the NHS should be shot , build a health service that can provide care for everybody regardless how old they are.

I think you missed the point.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, monk said:

Shelves are empty due to pickers taking it all for online customers .

I’d not thought of that I presume it is not even hitting the shelves, that’s why it is slow re-stocking

3 hours ago, monk said:

Skegness was packed yesterday as people headed to the coast , arcades were full , beaches packed .

It's laughable that people just carry on as normal and make no effort to isolate or take precautions .

Advice to avoid pubs and restaurants fell on deaf ears so they closed them .

Nobody wants a complete lockdown but the stupidity of the British public will see one enforced .

Pretty much as we thought. People now stopping off work with the ideal excuse, getting paid and having an extended holiday period. It just doesn't compute with people, on the news this morning the were showing Bondi Beach which was packed forcing the authorities to clear the area. I'm reading on various sites where people here in our area are calling on each other to meet up in certain places so they can have "parties". Sadly only a couple of deaths here in our own community may drive home just how serious this situation is.

One other point is, why do families have to go to the supermarkets. It only takes one person per family to actually enter the building not a whole clan. There is a community of people who for as long as I can remember seem to treat going to the supermarket as a family outing. Lets get serious here people, we have a really seriously dangerous situation, if you dont believe it then look closely at the photo, Italy, and we are on the same path in about 10 days time.

Italian Army.jpg

36 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I’d not thought of that I presume it is not even hitting the shelves, that’s why it is slow re-stocking

Absolute bullshit. Pickers aren’t able to fulfil orders. 92% of online orders in the past week have had missing items. 

However, lets not get bogged down with facts.

Its people being selfish pricks that is the problem here, nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

One other point is, why do families have to go to the supermarkets. It only takes one person per family to actually enter the building not a whole clan. There is a community of people who for as long as I can remember seem to treat going to the supermarket as a family outing.

Might be best to avoid the whoops yellow-ticket scrum for a while

Edited by Skircoat Shed Archive

10 minutes ago, Flea said:

Absolute bullshit. Pickers aren’t able to fulfil orders. 92% of online orders in the past week have had missing items. 

However, lets not get bogged down with facts.

Its people being selfish pricks that is the problem here, nothing else.

Should normalise in a couple weeks when everybody is overstocked with s*it they don't need . Keep that tin hat a little while longer

On 3/21/2020 at 6:41 AM, LeedsShaymen said:

A neighbours lad has been recalled to Catterick along with everyone else, at a  briefing on Thursday they were put on 24 hours standby to be deployed onto our streets. He’s told us that the army has cancelled a major joint operation which was due to take place with many other countries in Poland and they are readying themselves to move onto the nations streets.

Strangely enough I think I referred to Marshal Law over a week ago, most scoffed saying it was an over reaction. Not scoffing now are we. It wont be long till we hear of the first mugging of someone carrying their shopping home.

2 minutes ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Might be best to avoid the whoops yellow-ticket scrum for a while

I dont understand your comment

17 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Pretty much as we thought. People now stopping off work with the ideal excuse, getting paid and having an extended holiday period. It just doesn't compute with people, on the news this morning the were showing Bondi Beach which was packed forcing the authorities to clear the area. I'm reading on various sites where people here in our area are calling on each other to meet up in certain places so they can have "parties". Sadly only a couple of deaths here in our own community may drive home just how serious this situation is.

One other point is, why do families have to go to the supermarkets. It only takes one person per family to actually enter the building not a whole clan. There is a community of people who for as long as I can remember seem to treat going to the supermarket as a family outing. Lets get serious here people, we have a really seriously dangerous situation, if you dont believe it then look closely at the photo, Italy, and we are on the same path in about 10 days time.

Italian Army.jpg

Unless the public are denied something then they will do it regardless of the advice and the seriousness of the situation we are in , it's no good saying to people they  must stay in , they have to enforce it .

It's I'm alright Jack with some,  majority are trying to do their  best to help the situation but then a video on twitter of visitors yesterday at Snowdonia was ridiculous , sun is out and we have been couped up all winter with the weather so the timing doesn't help but common sense has gone out of the window , one local said it was busier than a Bank Holiday in August.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, monk said:

Unless the public are denied something then they will do it regardless of the advice and the seriousness of the situation we are in , it's no good saying to people they  must stay in , they have to enforce it .

It's I'm alright Jack with some,  majority are trying to do their  best to help the situation but then a video on twitter of visitors yesterday at Snowdonia was ridiculous , sun is out and we have been couped up all winter with the weather so the timing doesn't help but common sense has gone out of the window , one local said it was busier than a Bank Holiday in August.

I think that what we are witnessing now is what we have seen coming for a long time, a complete breakdown in discipline. It doesn't exist in any walk of life anymore, over the last 50 / 60 yrs discipline has declined steadily with each generation and we are now at a stage where people basically consider that they can do what they want when they want. There is no consequence any more. In days gone by, discipline was instilled from a very early age, I'm not saying the way in which this was managed was right or correct but in general people grew up knowing that when the chips were down they had to toe the line. And here we are, the goverment is trying very hard, I believe, not to get over bolshi and start barking orders but it starts to become clear very quickly that it will be necessary. So when we do have Soldiers patrolling the streets, it will be the same idiots getting rifles poked in there faces.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I think that what we are witnessing now is what we have seen coming for a long time, a complete breakdown in discipline. It doesn't exist in any walk of life anymore, over the last 50 / 60 yrs discipline has declined steadily with each generation and we are now at a stage where people basically consider that they can do what they want when they want. There is no consequence any more. In days gone by, discipline was instilled from a very early age, I'm not saying the way in which this was managed was right or correct but in general people grew up knowing that when the chips were down they had to toe the line. And here we are, the goverment is trying very hard, I believe, not to get over bolshi and start barking orders but it starts to become clear very quickly that it will be necessary. So when we do have Soldiers patrolling the streets, it will be the same idiots getting rifles poked in there faces.

Yep, well said, peoples sence of entitlement is mind boggling!

33 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

You will find out what discipline is when all this is over. Things are never going to be the same again.

8 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

You will find out what discipline is when all this is over. Things are never going to be the same again.

I know what discipline is, I was brought up in a very fair but disciplined manner. We learned right from wrong and the consequences of wrong were punishment. I remember the tail end of Conscription, and there were several ner do wells in our community who were changed beyond recognition for the better by their time served in the forces. As an apprentice I worked with several lads who had done their National service and having not initially wanted to go, all agreed that it was a great part of their lives that they were glad to have had. But they all quoted one thing. It instilled in them discipline, when an order is given you accept it. As a 14yr old starting work on an indentured apprenticeship you were very aware of doing as you were told, to not do so could have seen lads losing fingers or getting badly injured. All I see in society today is me me me, I want, I take, if I need something, I have a right to it regardless of whether I can afford it or not. Recently invited to a wedding by a family member, the "wedding list" was in my opinion embarrassing. The things that these people were wanting were in my opinion embarrassing and down right rude, to expect people to buy items that were extortionate in price shows a real selfishness that pretty much reflects todays society.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Can't see much changing in the long run other than the destruction that this will do to small businesses . The bad guys will still think they rule the World

Never mind, come the first of january it'll all be unicorns and sunlit uplands!

Or,all this could be softening us up for what's ahead!

27 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

What do you expect from this total **** show of a government?

Just now, chrisbo61 said:

What do you expect from this total **** show of a government?

I just thank the Lord that Labour did not get in.

Seriously, not all is what it seems. Near draconian measures for the locals  but open borders for what could be many infected.

• Like 1