7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

More chance of an accident in the home than up Stoodley Pike. Common sense should tell you that especially when medium/large families/quarrelling couples are stuck inside 24/7.

You'll soon run out of things to argue about

29 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Common sense and risk assessment (something many Brits lack)

Same thing in reality. Suspect Britain is no different to many developed countries, the nanny state removes the requirement to think for yourself, that is always someone else's job.

19 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

And the unavoidable World population boom at Christmas

Unfortunately most of the worlds problems are down to overpopulation.

• Like 1

Going for a walk outside is still allowed and in fact positively encouraged. If everyone generally stays at home and stagnates for a month then by the time they get the virus they’ll be so deficient in vitamin D and in such poor health it will hit them harder than if they’d kept fit and active.

Never mind the mental health benefits of still getting out and about.

To be clear I am talking about the general population here - not the “at risk” category.

Edited by greg45
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, greg45 said:

Going for a walk outside is still allowed and in fact positively encouraged. If everyone generally stays at home and stagnates for a month then by the time they get the virus they’ll be so deficient in vitamin D and in such poor health it will hit them harder than if they’d kept fit and active.

Never mind the mental health benefits of still getting out and about.

To be clear I am talking about the general population here - not the “at risk” category.

That would be the biggest Governmental inconsistency ever, they clearly 'don't know what they're doing'

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not sure why the qoates come up but has any of my fellow Shaymen had any symptoms yet? 

I've started with the symptoms. A temp and flu like symptoms but I've not got a runny nose or a cough. 

I'm hoping it's just another flu or cold bug but if I was a betting man I'd say its COVID 19.

47 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Not sure Eric but I don't think you have a runny nose just a dry cough.

You get a terrible dry cough as you get into about day 4 or 5 I think. 

Looks like I've caught it at the supermarket. 

9 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Still need to try and isolate to prevent the viruses mutating, hopefully isn't Covid 19 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Or off those potatoes?

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Not sure why the qoates come up but has any of my fellow Shaymen had any symptoms yet? 

I've started with the symptoms. A temp and flu like symptoms but I've not got a runny nose or a cough. 

I'm hoping it's just another flu or cold bug but if I was a betting man I'd say its COVID 19.

Fever, laboured breathing, dry throat, occasional cough and volcanic bowels all came on in space of an hour on Wednesday evenng. Also completely wiped out of energy & I didn't have much to start with. Breathing still not right & still knackered but otherwise on the mend. All quite mild though compared to the poor bloke from Bury that was on the news. I hope it was the virus as that would be it out of the way.

Edited by Skircoat Shed Archive
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Fever, laboured breathing, dry throat, occasional cough and volcanic bowels all came on in space of an hour on Wednesday evenng. Also completely wiped out of energy & I didn't have much to start with. Breathing still not right & still knackered but otherwise on the mend. All quite mild though compared to the poor bloke from Bury that was on the news. I hope it was the virus as that would be it out of the way.

That's what I'm thinking. If it is the virus and I get through it OK I'm then clear. 

• Like 1

Most of the people I know had similar around Xmas and new year , everyone at work seemed to have it and everyone in my local as well , people seem to think we’ve already had it ! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

respiratory-illness-symptoms-chart-coron

So few symptoms on that list that you're hardly going to know that you have it . Sounds much more like a viral pneumonia than a flu

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Most of the people I know had similar around Xmas and new year , everyone at work seemed to have it and everyone in my local as well , people seem to think we’ve already had it ! 

This is the "problem" for me.

I almost have a continual cough, I have one at the moment, however its par for the course for me this time of the year. I had a headache yesterday and I ached, but I also walked 34,000 steps without having much fluid (and as most people know Im not the healthiest of people) and had to deal with a bit of emotional news (thankfully of the good kind) which took a bit out of me. I'm also struggling to keep my eyes open today as Im so tired, but then yesterday I had such a busy and hard day, I can easily chalk it down to that. 

I could well have it now, however the symptoms to me wouldn't go noticed, as I often have a couple of those listed. 

Over Xmas and New Year I certainly felt a hell of a lot worse than I do now. I feel its more likely I had it months ago than I have it now tbf. 

But the two that I had post Christmas and mid January were lot's of sneezing, head full of cold and nose running like a river . Non of those are listed their for CV19 . Whilst colds and flus are passed through contact or at close quarters, viral pneumonias are airborne and can easily be passed to someone 30 feet ( 10 metres ) away

31 minutes ago, Flea said:

This is the "problem" for me.

I almost have a continual cough, I have one at the moment, however its par for the course for me this time of the year. I had a headache yesterday and I ached, but I also walked 34,000 steps without having much fluid (and as most people know Im not the healthiest of people) and had to deal with a bit of emotional news (thankfully of the good kind) which took a bit out of me. I'm also struggling to keep my eyes open today as Im so tired, but then yesterday I had such a busy and hard day, I can easily chalk it down to that. 

I could well have it now, however the symptoms to me wouldn't go noticed, as I often have a couple of those listed. 

Over Xmas and New Year I certainly felt a hell of a lot worse than I do now. I feel its more likely I had it months ago than I have it now tbf. 

I hope you don't get it but if you do you'll know. Every part of you aches and you feel like you have bad flu but without sneezing and a runny nose. The cough part hasn't kicked in yet but that's the bit that worries me because I've read that you can lose 20 to 30% of your lung capacity. If that's the case I'll need oxygen at least to keep going until hopefully my body can beat the virus. 

3 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I hope you don't get it but if you do you'll know. Every part of you aches and you feel like you have bad flu but without sneezing and a runny nose. The cough part hasn't kicked in yet but that's the bit that worries me because I've read that you can lose 20 to 30% of your lung capacity. If that's the case I'll need oxygen at least to keep going until hopefully my body can beat the virus. 

If anyone can get it, you'll doubtless cop for it. I can't understand why the Government are herding everyone into supermarkets, which all seem packed if they've got owt to sell. They must be the most dangerous places to frequent now, but no restrictions on going there (apart from when OAP hour is on).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kit said:

If anyone can get it, you'll doubtless cop for it. I can't understand why the Government are herding everyone into supermarkets, which all seem packed if they've got owt to sell. They must be the most dangerous places to frequent now, but no restrictions on going there (apart from when OAP hour is on).

In Italy , it's one in one out , standing metres apart , it's something our government need to look at , I was in Asda yesterday and there were not restrictions , queues at the checkout were person , trolley , person , no yellow lines to ensure a gap , those working on checkouts had no protection, how many people do they come into contact with during the day , happily chatting to customers.

Another issue now is people getting in their camper vans and heading away in all directions , Highlands of Scotland turning people away 

Skegness was packed yesterday as people headed to the coast , arcades were full , beaches packed .

It's laughable that people just carry on as normal and make no effort to isolate or take precautions .

Advice to avoid pubs and restaurants fell on deaf ears so they closed them .

Nobody wants a complete lockdown but the stupidity of the British public will see one enforced .

• Like 4