2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

We do not have enough Servicemen to Police all our streets. Think about it, every City, Town and Village in Britain, how many?

I don't think there will be civil unrest , none in any other country but this is the UK so anything could happen , being on lockdown means not leaving your house except for essential items .

Boris is pleading with people not to go out and hoping the measures brought in last night will be enough to avoid a lockdown but as we know he hoped people would not go to bars and restaurants and that fell on deaf ears .

Thing is now though, what is there to do if you go out ?

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

When we start a full lockdown how will we buy our food? How can you use social distancing in a supermarket full of people? 

I manged to get some spuds today. Yippee. 

Still be allowed to go to supermarkets , which is about all you can do now anyway , only difference is non key workers will be locked down .

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

And as a key worker, I'd sooner stay indoors and look after my family but I recognise there are more vulnerable people out there who need supporting too. Sometimes I think I'll wake up and this has all been a bad dream. :(

A friend of mine works in a school , she has to go into work , 400 pupils and over half are children of key workers so all staff are in .

Also they have been told they will have to cover the Easter Holidays as well to help out key workers .

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

When we start a full lockdown how will we buy our food? How can you use social distancing in a supermarket full of people? 

I manged to get some spuds today. Yippee. 

Easy in supermarket they only allow certain number re square yardage then it´s 1 out & 1 in, works here.

7 minutes ago, monk said:

I don't think there will be civil unrest , none in any other country but this is the UK so anything could happen , being on lockdown means not leaving your house except for essential items .

Boris is pleading with people not to go out and hoping the measures brought in last night will be enough to avoid a lockdown but as we know he hoped people would not go to bars and restaurants and that fell on deaf ears .

Thing is now though, what is there to do if you go out ?

Many people like the outdoors, simply walking over the hills and dales. If alive it is what I will be doing soon and throughout the summer.

James Bolton becomes the first ex-Town player to (publicly) be diagnosed with coronavirus. (Unless I've missed anyone?)

Edited by Lewis

14 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Many people like the outdoors, simply walking over the hills and dales. If alive it is what I will be doing soon and throughout the summer.

Same with me, glad I am still active enough to stagger around the fells, we are lucky to have outstanding country side straight out of the door, enjoy photography so combine the two & keep fit into the bargain. Will miss friends & craic at the pub etc. but you have to take the positives out of a situation you have no control of. One thing about being a Shayman we are used to adversity:D

Asda shelves quite well stocked , Tesco seem to be struggling though .

Seeing as Supermarkets are now covering food and alcohol how long will it be before shortages occur .

Not being negative just worried that the amount of alcohol which is consumed in this country is probably in the top 10 of countries globally , just to put it into perspective , not one pint will be pulled in the country today , off licences and supermarkets will have to cover that demand .

Hopefully the few Shaymen.net members who are doing a fantastic job in extreme circumstances at local supermarkets could give us a heads up if a shortage is at any time imminent. Thanks in advance .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

That's right, there is no shortage of supplies, it's just greedy,selfish people buying more than they need!

Strangely this does not seem to be the case in othe

Morrisons was bad yesterday. I dread to think how it is this morning. 

11 hours ago, Flea said:

Yup, I'm in the same boat. 

I've been told that unless I have the symptoms I have to keep turning up for work. At the same time I'm living with someone who is being treated for cancer. If I catch it, I may well be fine, but I may be handing someone else a death sentence. Work are simply refusing to accept that its unreasonable to expect me to be in working. 

But hey, least I can get called a C*nt by our customers because we don't have stock. 

I was at your store yesterday and made sure I showed my gratitude to the staff who assisted me. Keep up the great work. 

11 hours ago, Flea said:

But hey, least I can get called a C*nt by our customers because we don't have stock. 

Makes a change from the usual reasons :) (sorry couldn't resist)

• Like 1

People really need to think outside of their normal routines at the moment. They are flocking en mass to the large supermarkets only to find empty shelves. Yet the local grocery stores are well stocked. The Premier shop up the road from me had full shelves of canned goods, toiletries and cleaning products,  i even got the dettol wipes the girlfriend had been wanting for weeks. Also only a handful of people in the shop so a lot easier to  I managed to get nappies and the tinned tomatoes i needed form the large asian supermarket when i went into to buy the tinned chickpeas out of stock everywhere else. No mil at the local co-op and people harassing the staff wanting to know when they could get it yet the the corner shop a 5 min walk away up the road had a fridge full. My mother was complaining she couldnt get shower gel in Asda yet the local pharmacy had shelves full for £1 (and i even got two anti bacterial handsoaps from the same trip).

All these stores that people avoid because beans are 10p more expensive will be the saviour to many and they are for the time being going largely ignored. Compare that to the tesco in huddersfield that had not one single can of canned veg on their shelves. And tons of people crowding around scratching their heads wondering what to do.

Edited by noelm1979
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Can I stress that walking in the countryside is not lockdown and you can spread this just as easy in the countryside as you can a town centre

Explain how you can spread it up Stoodley Pike.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Explain how you can spread it up Stoodley Pike.

Government rules should be the same at Stoodley as your local cafe . You also have the added situation where you might have a medical episode or serious injury which would require avoidable hospitalisation when hospital capacity should be reserved for real emergencies

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

I am having a quarantine party tonight but none of you are invited.

Even your other chuckle brother :(

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Even your other chuckle brother :(

Sorry Brother, not even if I arrange the Party up Stoodley Pike or on The North Yorkshire Moors. Hopefully see you down't Shay.

Don't know where, don't know when

But I hope to meet my fellow Shaymen

Some sunny day.

27 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Government rules should be the same at Stoodley as your local cafe . You also have the added situation where you might have a medical episode or serious injury which would require avoidable hospitalisation when hospital capacity should be reserved for real emergencies

Or you could stay in home and slice your finger on a corn beef tin of garden & stick a fork through your foot. Nobody is advocating jumping off Stoodly Pike or climbing it & gobbing at everyone below.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Can I stress that walking in the countryside is not lockdown and you can spread this just as easy in the countryside as you can a town centre

Does that apply if you are on your own and never go within 6 feet of anyone? When I am out walking the dog I just cross the road to maintain a safe distance from anyone I bump into. 

11 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Does that apply if you are on your own and never go within 6 feet of anyone? When I am out walking the dog I just cross the road to maintain a safe distance from anyone I bump into. 

Common sense and risk assessment (something many Brits lack)

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Common sense and risk assessment (something many Brits lack)

More chance of an accident in the home than up Stoodley Pike. Common sense should tell you that especially when medium/large families/quarrelling couples are stuck inside 24/7.