• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think people may know that I am biased toward the NHS. In the past couple of weeks my dad has complained of chest and back pain. He is 90 and fairly fit, for his age. It got worse on Friday and we r

I must admit how some are using the pandemic as a chance to political point score is depressing. No country could have been prepared for it - you could argue countries could have been better prepared

It's full of nutters Funky. Silly idiots treating it like it's every man for themself and itake all too selfish.   I've some time on my hands so if anybody elderly or who live on their own and ca

Posted Images

2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yep, got in my car, drove to solicitors house in tod ,posted letter,  got back in car, drove home!

Didn't you trust the posties ? :)

20 hours ago, Jmc said:

As you’re so vulnerable you need to stay inside in that case yes 

I've already had the virus and I've built up antibodies. 

The letters are sent to help but they are also sent to scare. If you empty your bins on a day when the binmen aren't coming round the chances of being infected from touching your bin are ridiculously high.

Much better to ask his puppetmaster to not drive from London to Durham. Especially when his eyesight is poor. Oh and especially when he's suffering from COVID 19.

Edited by Erik Everhard

To clarify what has happened in Lanzarote as people are putting on the net varying stories, my source is a daily diary from the Lanzarote Cabildo (gov.) a plane landed 1.05 from Madrid with 140 people on board plus crew 1 man identified positive who had been instructed not to fly, he went straight into ICU for observation, he has since been arrested for disobedience of public order and 2nd endangering public life, 12 surrounding seat occupants went straight into quarantine facilities at the hospital the remainder of public offered isolation at home (which will be randomly checked) or isolation in apart hotel (several of which were commandeered for this purpose)35 accepted apart hotel facility. The aircraft and staff allowed to return to Madrid after being disinfected.

12.15 Announced the man concerned is 54 and a resident of Tinajo. A 2nd person has been confirmed as positive from the plane and moved from isolation to hospital. It's also been declared that Madrid airport did not carry out temperature checks as they should have done.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Have we merged ?

Some services have, yes. Some oncology patients from Calderdale have to be treated in Huddersfield. Some A&E patients are treated in Calderdale rather than Huddersfield. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Some services have, yes. Some oncology patients from Calderdale have to be treated in Huddersfield. Some A&E patients are treated in Calderdale rather than Huddersfield. 

Health services yes but doubtful that Council services will have much common ground

19 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The people that have had contact with them and their relatives probably care

They could have both been on ventilators for weeks or have only just started with the symptoms during this week. 

Such an unpredictable virus. 

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

These MP's are a disgrace now Labour Whip has resigned for breaking lock down rule, are they all STUPID.

One might say, that this one of the principal requirements for becoming an MP:)

It's almost the same as when people used to ask me why I became a referee a long time ago.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

One might say, that this one of the principal requirements for becoming an MP:)

It's almost the same as when people used to ask me why I became a referee a long time ago.

.....  Because your eyesight had gone :)

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, eddie said:

So Chadders could be your father? 

Fortunately not. However, it does seem to be a common question asked of referees regarding who their parents were.

Some players also seemed to think I was a professional comedian as they were always asking me if I was having a joke or laugh about something or other....