Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Who's going to fall for this track and trace app when if it alerts you to a person near you testing positive you have to isolate for 14 days ?

How many will think -   what would DC do  !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jmc said:

Unless you mean no deaths in Leeds , hopefully we’ve seen the back of it in west Yorks 

Do not be lulled into a false sense of thinking this is over, these are only for deaths in hospital, we still have people dying in large numbers in Care Homes up and down the country.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-the-number-of-excess-deaths-in-care-homes-and-hospitals-compared-with-normal-times-is-revealed-11991080

It would not surprise me to learn that the numbers of deaths are now higher in Care Homes than in hospitals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jmc said:

Unless you mean no deaths in Leeds , hopefully we’ve seen the back of it in west Yorks 

Yes I meant Leeds. I should have said. Things are looking good in West Yorkshire. 

I read that there had still been 71 new cases of COVID 19 but statistically all those people could survive. 

Also, with fewer patients on COVID 19 wards, doctors and nurses can spend more time with each patient which should help to halt the pneumonia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Who's going to fall for this track and trace app when if it alerts you to a person near you testing positive you have to isolate for 14 days ?

My concern is if someone from the NHS rings you up and tells you to self isolate for 14 days, do you have the option to exercise common sense and say No. Will they tell you who you have been in contact with,no doubt the answer will be no under the data protection guidelines - in which case it will be a definite NO? What if the contact in your opinion was fleeting and insufficient to cause any transmission of the virus? What if the alleged contact they are working on never happened?

Who has the final say? If Mr Hancock then get arsey because his unproven track and trace solution fails to deliver the required results will he fall back on fining people? If he does will there be a right to appeal? If you appeal do you have to stay self isolating?

Once again we have no clarity on how this is supposed to work, and the govt have pulled a fast one by trying to pass this off as "it is the NHS asking you to do this and not us" and using emotional blackmail that it is our civic duty to cooperate.

As a self employed person who gets no help from the State I cannot afford to downtools every time someone within 10 yards of me coughs or sneezes. No doubt there will be far more anomalies come to light, and maybe Dominic Cummings can write another blog on how to avoid self isolating to make it all clear to te rest of us Plebs who are not clever enough to full comprehend what Boris it telling us. 

Rant over.....

Edited by ITMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to today we have not had any new cases in Lanzarote for over a month with only 2 current long term cases in hospital at 1.05 a plane land from Madrid with 1 positive man on board and that means 140 further people in isolation, why allow planes from Madrid?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why allow planes from anywhere.  2-300 people in such a confined space, all breathing in and out re-cycled air.  An plane must be the worst possible place to be.  Closely followed by the London Underground. If I was offered a free holiday somewhere that meant flying I'd say no thank you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relative who is a specialist working across hospitals in the north-west says that 70 covid positive patients admitted today in one of those hospitals. Highest daily figure during  the peak was 50.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Relative who is a specialist working across hospitals in the north-west says that 70 covid positive patients admitted today in one of those hospitals. Highest daily figure during  the peak was 50.

Sounds like the spike we all feared after the Bank Holiday weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We truly live in a strange world! Had to go to tod today, sort something legal out, the roads and town were heaving! Wtf is wrong with people?

Edited by chrisbo61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

We truly live in a strange world! Had to go to tod today, sort something legal out, the roads and town were heaving! Wtf is wrong with people?

The traffic is a lot busier in Leeds again.

You've got the weather, we are coming up to a partial lift of lockdown and MP's and advisors have flaunted the rules during the lead up to and during the peak of the virus, so lots of people are now thinking if it's ok for them to do it then we'll do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roads were pretty busy today with people thinking all is back to normal . Don't know why Calderdale MBC think there will be a reduction in traffic, just shows how thick Councillors are

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

We truly live in a strange world! Had to go to tod today, sort something legal out, the roads and town were heaving! Wtf is wrong with people?

So you were part of the heaving crowd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everywhere’s busier , warm weather shackles off , up to the common sense of the individual going forward , not sure how this will pan out mind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t help matters with Piers Morgan and the media gang scaremongering and making people scared to set foot outside. We will need to learn to live with it until we get a vaccine or it dies out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Sounds like the spike we all feared after the Bank Holiday weekend. 

Or it could be because we had a BH weekend the figures were delayed for a while.

I check the worldmeters tracker most days - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries - and globally the numbers were down all over the weekend. 

We are however moving in the right direction. I do feel we are maybe a couple of weeks too soon in trying to get the PL back, however it does feel like we are over the worst of it now. Still need to be vigilant and careful and I feel a phased return is the wisest move. 

It appears Mexico and Brazil are currently the hot spots, with Russia slowly growing too. We seem to be seeing 100 less deaths a day on average week on week so hopefully in 3 weeks our 300+ deaths a day average will be down to near 0

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shay said:

It doesn’t help matters with Piers Morgan and the media gang scaremongering and making people scared to set foot outside. We will need to learn to live with it until we get a vaccine or it dies out 

I am in the inderlying health issue group. Also, I'm on medication that makes me even more at risk so I've had another letter basically explaining what I've just said. 

Now in these letters it tells me I can't go out at all and not even to empty my rubbish in the bin. 

I do understand that these letters are meant to help and they have our best interests at heart etc, but they've gone well over the top on this and the cynical part of my brain can't help but think it's to deflect criticism and responsibility from earlier inaction. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yep! What's your point?

Can’t moan at others being out if you’re out with em uMless you were socially distancing of course 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I am in the inderlying health issue group. Also, I'm on medication that makes me even more at risk so I've had another letter basically explaining what I've just said. 

Now in these letters it tells me I can't go out at all and not even to empty my rubbish in the bin. 

I do understand that these letters are meant to help and they have our best interests at heart etc, but they've gone well over the top on this and the cynical part of my brain can't help but think it's to deflect criticism and responsibility from earlier inaction. 

As you’re so vulnerable you need to stay inside in that case yes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The person who travelled to Lanzarote had been visiting his sick mother who had Covid19 so he was tested and told he must not travel but he did, he now been informed that the Canarian Gov. are to take legal action against him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jmc said:

Can’t moan at others being out if you’re out with em uMless you were socially distancing of course 

Yep, got in my car, drove to solicitors house in tod ,posted letter,  got back in car, drove home!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yep, got in my car, drove to solicitors house in tod ,posted letter,  got back in car, drove home!

At least you know your eyesight OK then:D

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...