2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Why is anyone surprised at the actions of this government?

Surely everyone knew what a shower of shite they are?

Just shows there are some incredibly gullible people out there.

Or some very bitter ones who can't accept that the people saw through Magic Grandpa? 

That said I actually think that he might have been better suited for the current situation, he certainly wouldn't have had the libertarian conscience of BJ, given that he is a heart a communist, so he would probably have put us into lockdown earlier.

And Rishi's current policy of paying people to stay at home and do nothing all day is a long standing dream for Jezza! 

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

That said I actually think that he might have been better suited for the current situation, he certainly wouldn't have had the libertarian conscience of BJ, given that he is a heart a communist, so he would probably have put us into lockdown earlier.

Or we wouldn't have ever gone into lockdown as he would have tried to get Coronavirus around a table to negotiate, then he'd want a vote on what to do as he wouldn't be able to make his own mind up, then he'd want a vote on if we listened to the first vote and if it should stand or if we had another vote on it.

He'd then motion a vote of no confidence in the Coronavirus, but then realise that we had no way to combat it as he had spent all the available budget on free internet and given all our limited PPE to Italy as their need was greater right at the start. It was all the Tories fault for selling the NHS anyway, so they take the blame.

* To be perfectly clear here, the Tory's have made a right mess of this - its nothing short of a disgrace, so this is not me supporting this current shambles. 

Edited by Flea

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

Or we wouldn't have ever gone into lockdown as he would have tried to get Coronavirus around a table to negotiate, then he'd want a vote on what to do as he wouldn't be able to make his own mind up, then he'd want a vote on if we listened to the first vote and if it should stand or if we had another vote on it.

He'd then motion a vote of no confidence in the Coronavirus, but then realise that we had no way to combat it as he had spent all the available budget on free internet and given all our limited PPE to Italy as their need was greater right at the start. It was all the Tories fault for selling the NHS anyway, so they take the blame.

* To be perfectly clear here, the Tory's have made a right mess of this - its nothing short of a disgrace, so this is not me supporting this current shambles. 

I was only having a bit of sport mate hoping Chris would bite.

They have done some things ok, furlough, Nightingales for example and some not ok, change of policy from track and trace, delay in lockdown etc. 

37K deaths, easily the highest in Europe - and that comes after we had a two week warning from what is going on in Italy. 

It can't be dressed up any other way than a failure by the government. I think they were slow to act, have been vague and un-reasuring throughout and have shown a disregard to safety, enforcement and applying their own rules. How anyone can think this is fine or acceptable is beyond me. We aren't coming out of this as a winner. 

The difference is, I am able to rightly slag off the Tories incompetence here and people accept it for what it is. Had we had Corbyn in charge his fan club would be suppressing any negative comments and launching character assassinations. 

Its just a shame that we didn't have Starmer as an option to get rid of the Tories at the last election. Its a pretty low bar set to better how the Conservatives have handled this mess tbf. My opinion however is that Corbyn would have done worse. 

• Like 3

How Frank Spencer, sorry Matt Hancock, is still in a job I'll never know. The guy can't even read from an autocue, and put him in front of journalists with searching questions and he just collapses under the pressure. Throw in his support for DC even after being one of the loudest voices in favour of the epidemiologist resigning because he invited his lover over. That was a much more serious breach, but then again, the Tories never did like others having sex, but were quite good with the ol' sex scandals themselves.

I would have voted Labour if anyone other than Corbin or Abbott had been in charge. Johnston was the lesser of two evils but unfortunately is so stupid he cannot react to situations when they first present themselves, even when he is given the correct advice.

The failure to sack Cummings is the final straw for many for it shows how much he is like a puppet, his strings being pulled by Cummings and the Tory financial backers who probably laugh at him behind his back.

Roll on the next election when the electorate can kick the Conservative Party into the wilderness, assuming anyone is left to vote.

Edited by Shaymen2008
Added text
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I would have voted Labour if anyone other than Corbin or Abbott had been in charge.

Pretty much my stance, albeit I'd exchange Abbott for McDonald. 

• Like 1

Boris still looks ill to me.

He just looks worn out.

I think he should stand down for someone else until he has fully recovered but god knows who.

Perhaps it's as well if Dominic remains in place.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not sure whoever was in charge that the death figures would be that different . UK and the USA are always going to be hit hardest by a pandemic that is carried by people travelling Internationally . If it was a summer pandemic you could triple the deaths in places like Spain, Portugal, Greece and other holiday destinations (you could also more than double the deaths in the UK) . That's not condoning the clueless administration by our feeble Conservative Government and the absent contribution from Local Authorities

Plus the fact that the uk is one of the most densely populated countries (apart from Belgium) with 727 people per sq mile. Germany has a population of 15 million more but only 623 people per sq mile and Italy is down at 533 people per sq mile. As the virus thrives on close contact this could well be a factor.

Us and America bound to be hit hard as dense population and massive international transit hubs, think about 23.000000 people entered the uk from dec onwards 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Pretty much my stance, albeit I'd exchange Abbott for McDonald. 

I still voted Labour but convinced myself I was voting for Holly Lynch not a bunch of schoolboy debating delusional left wingers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

I still voted Labour but convinced myself I was voting for Holly Lynch not a bunch of schoolboy debating delusional left wingers

As a calderdale resident, that's what you were doing!

I'm loving this! Reality dawning on all you working class tories!

You've been conned!

Well who'd a thunk!

16 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I'm loving this! Reality dawning on all you working class tories!

You've been conned!

Well who'd a thunk!

Nope. I knew full well what putting that X against the conservatives would mean. They are the party of the rich for the rich and nothing will change there. What you don’t seem to grasp is that that says more about the Labour Party and how low they had become under JC that people would rather vote like turkeys voting for Christmas than vote how they would normally do.

9 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Nope. I knew full well what putting that X against the conservatives would mean. They are the party of the rich for the rich and nothing will change there. What you don’t seem to grasp is that that says more about the Labour Party and how low they had become under JC that people would rather vote like turkeys voting for Christmas than vote how they would normally do.

Sorry pal, but you are one of the gullible I was talking about! 

Policies! Not personalities!

You beleived the predominantly right wing press and voted against your interests.

But hey ho! Just dont utter a word when it all goes tits up.

Again nope.Corbin’s policies were also a problem and that was without the intervention of the right wing press. There were too many of them without any semblance of priority. It was we will do this, this, this, this, this this etc etc without describing any order that this, this, this, this, this would be done.

• Like 1

The worst Labour result in 100 years, yet its everyones fault but Corbyn and his aggressive supporters.

They tired to mud peoples name. They crashed in flames. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Again nope.Corbin’s policies were also a problem and that was without the intervention of the right wing press. There were too many of them without any semblance of priority. It was we will do this, this, this, this, this this etc etc without describing any order that this, this, this, this, this would be done.

Or proper costing. Jist been saying the same thing to people that think he was the second coming.

6 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

I'd be interested to know what particular policies you were against! Bringing infrastructure back to uk ownership? Making multi nationals pay their fair share of tax? The return of grant based further education, or maybe you didnt like the funding of the police, army and NHS!

And remember the cost of all this was fully costed and verified by the ONS or whoever's does it!

Unlike the tory manifesto!

6 minutes ago, Flea said:

The worst Labour result in 100 years, yet its everyones fault but Corbyn and his aggressive supporters.

They tired to mud peoples name. They crashed in flames. 

Corbyn was the worst leader the labour party ever had, a flag waving agitater! Glad he's gone tbh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, neilstewart said:

Plus the fact that the uk is one of the most densely populated countries (apart from Belgium) with 727 people per sq mile. Germany has a population of 15 million more but only 623 people per sq mile and Italy is down at 533 people per sq mile. As the virus thrives on close contact this could well be a factor.

The uk pop is certainly dence!

1 hour ago, neilstewart said:

Neil, I fully understand what you are saying. I was convinced that JC and Momentum would change the face of British politics, so much so I signed up to become a member of the Labour Party and voted in the leadership election that brought JC into power. 

Sadly, things did not progress as I would have liked, I personally class myself as a Social Liberal, and what the Labour party became was more of a left leaning, almost Trotskyist faction, which I wanted nothing to do with.

Consequently, as I could not vote Labour, and would rather cut my throat than vote Tory, I sadly voted Liberal Democrat, as where I live they had the second best chance of winning, so I suppose it was tactical in a way.

Now we have KS in the lead maybe there will be a dose of pragmatism and some of the weirder policies will get ditched in favour of ones which have a broader attraction to the voting public. At the sametime as we have now, to some extent, put the Brexit issue behind us, we can now move back to what really needs to be sorted out, the inequality of the Universal Benefits system, the NHS funding (never mind PPE and overseas workers) and education to name a few.

The sooner we all get a chance to put a cross on a ballot paper and get rid of the wolves in sheeps clothing we now have in power the better. I sincerely hope the Red Wall have had their protest vote, got Brexit out of their system and we can start to have a country that looks after everyone and not just the elite or establishment.

Was it Wolfie Smith who said "Power to the People", although John Lennon amongst others got there first.   

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Some achievement by any of the Partys to factor a World pandemic into their manifestos

Typical bloody shortsighted politicians!