Take some solace from the fact we are not the only country run by Idiots (no singular party there I include them all) the Australian PM out late at a restaurant breaking his own lockdown rules. Are they all so thick they think they will not be seen.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think people may know that I am biased toward the NHS. In the past couple of weeks my dad has complained of chest and back pain. He is 90 and fairly fit, for his age. It got worse on Friday and we r

I must admit how some are using the pandemic as a chance to political point score is depressing. No country could have been prepared for it - you could argue countries could have been better prepared

It's full of nutters Funky. Silly idiots treating it like it's every man for themself and itake all too selfish.   I've some time on my hands so if anybody elderly or who live on their own and ca

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

I am I the only one who is sick and tired of the media frenzy  over Dominic Cummins. Yes the guy shouldn't have done what he did and I can't  stand him but aren't there more important things than whether or not someone  should have driven to Durham. 

Perhaps the media should concentrate on somthing the government really have ballsed up like Dentistry. There are thousands in the country in agony with toothache and the guidelines are we can't  help you unless its a threat to life. One dentist even told a woman to fill her childs tooth with the wax rapper off a Baby Bell cheese. Were not a third world country  it needs sorting.

Didn't I read that they confiscated and diverted all the PPE in the supply chain to dentists? Maybe that's why? Seems they've never got a grip on that profession as long as I've been alive. On the two occasions I've needed anything other than a check-up, my registered dentist couldn't fit me in for weeks and I had to call NHS Direct at 6 in the morning to try and get an emergency appointment. Ended up in Bradford each time!

Dentists come under the same category as Care Homes, they are usually private companies and not in effect part of the NHS, in terms of supply chains etc. Hence why we have the issue with dentistry we now have. In fairness, as has been pointed out it is not a lot worse than when normal service is in place. I get a bit tired of hearing my dentist, when I succumb and go for a checkup, how badly he is done to but yet lives in a huge house in Aberford. All this after charging me something kile £57 for a 10 min appointment. I wish somebody at school had told me in Careers Guidance what I could have been earning.:D

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Take some solace from the fact we are not the only country run by Idiots (no singular party there I include them all) the Australian PM out late at a restaurant breaking his own lockdown rules. Are they all so thick they think they will not be seen.

Steve where did you get this from?  The restaurants are open for 10 people in Canberra and 50 throughout NSW.   I haven't seen anything on the news and he has been in Canberra for the past week.

And he is doing a bloody good job, only 6 cased throughout Australia in the past few day and only 4 in hospital.  Compared to your PM i think we are looking pretty with a fantastic Prime Minister.

1 hour ago, never_shay_die said:

Whilst his position is clearly untenable and the Govt rush to support him is indefensible, this quote is completely unsubstantiated. 

I thought it was substantiated by two off-record sources. Wouldn't stand up in court but given what we know about the man, easy to believe.

11 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

The only country run by an idiot like ours is the USA and from where I am sat there is not a lot of difference between the two leaders. Are they related by stupidity?

Trump is off the scale when it comes to incompetence. The more we see and hear from him, the more it's clear that his family opened many, many doors before his own wealth began to do the same. For a country like the US to have someone so ignorant and incapable in charge is terrifying, but more terrifying is that just under half of the US population think he's doing a great job.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, ColinCanberra said:

Steve where did you get this from?  The restaurants are open for 10 people in Canberra and 50 throughout NSW.   I haven't seen anything on the news and he has been in Canberra for the past week.

And he is doing a bloody good job, only 6 cased throughout Australia in the past few day and only 4 in hospital.  Compared to your PM i think we are looking pretty with a fantastic Prime Minister.

On BBC world news page this morning now taken down he was apologising for being in a restaurant late at night after hours.

Think you'll find Steve it was Austria not Australia restraunts there only allowed to be open while 11pm. He was at a table outside with his wifea and  2 friends and they didn't  realise  it was past 11. Police saw them and spoke to them and they left peacefully. He subsequently  apologised profusely.

• Like 1
Just now, hunsworthhound said:

Think you'll find Steve it was Austria not Australia restraunts there only allowed to be open while 11pm. He was at a table outside with his wifea and  2 friends and they didn't  realise  it was past 11. Police saw them and spoke to them and they left peacefully. He subsequently  apologised profusely.

Apologises if so early morning when I read it.

Its a good job we elected this government. Imagine if we'd got one which employed unelected out of touch elites. They'd probably take their privately educated selves off to a second home and use their influence to garner sympathy when caught. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I thought it was substantiated by two off-record sources. Wouldn't stand up in court but given what we know about the man, easy to believe.

He said, she said.  Unnamed sources say he said it in a private conversation  He may well have done, but all I'm saying is that it can't be considered factual.

So, initially the cummings/johnson stance was that the uk should follow herd imunity, but the population and media forced their arm into adopting the lock down and social distancing rules. Now in other countries I'm led to believe that the supply of ppe etc and how to use it has been fairly well organised, not so much here, plus we have the added bonus of a government that hates the nhs and this pandemic has given them plenty of opportunity to knock the health service ,and they have done that!

Now we have this Cummings issue, it seems to me that people are now saying if the bloke that set the rules can break them, why cant I? And there you have it, people are just going to say 'sod it'

And herd immunity is with us, survival of the fittest or whatever you want to call it!

Shameful.

• Like 1

The treatment of Cummings by the media and press outside his hole is a disgrace and its harassment and bullying imo. They all need to take a step back and listen to what the guy has to say later today. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 1

Kept out of this for the most part, however for what it's worth here's my view.

Without knowing the full facts it seems that DC has at least broken the spirit of the lockdown even if he didn't actually break the actual rules. In that instance he should have come out earlier, fully explained himself and apologised profusely for any offence.

Boris should have been far stronger in his condemnation rather than giving him a get out of jail free card.

However, let's be honest about what a great part of this is actually about  DC has rubbed up a large part of the establish civil service, added to the fact that he lead the vote leave campaign and the liberal elite have long had him marked down as someone who needs taking down.

This is their opportunity and they aren't letting go.

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

Kept out of this for the most part, however for what it's worth here's my view.

Without knowing the full facts it seems that DC has at least broken the spirit of the lockdown even if he didn't actually break the actual rules. In that instance he should have come out earlier, fully explained himself and apologised profusely for any offence.

Boris should have been far stronger in his condemnation rather than giving him a get out of jail free card.

However, let's be honest about what a great part of this is actually about  DC has rubbed up a large part of the establish civil service, added to the fact that he lead the vote leave campaign and the liberal elite have long had him marked down as someone who needs taking down.

This is their opportunity and they aren't letting go.

Good job! The prick needs to go! Plus the 'elite' are far from liberal in this country!

You will never find a more illiberal set of reaction aries!

Edited by chrisbo61
2 hours ago, hunsworthhound said:

It seems nowadays that when a prominent/famous person does something wrong or says something which causes offence then all they have to do is "apologise" and everything is OK

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

Good job! The prick needs to go!

I don't like the fact that the PM seems to be in thrall to him, he's unelected yet seems to be the real power.

That said I need to be honest and say I find him considerably less odious than the other example I can think of, that utter **** Campbell 

19 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The treatment of Cummings by the media and press outside his hole is a disgrace and its harassment and bullying imo. They all need to take a step back and listen to what the guy has to say later today. Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. 

Our media is a disgrace full stop tbf.

With that said, with the position he holds, he should be leading by example - and he has fecked up here. Instead of admitting it and taking it on the chin its spin spin spin. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

The only country run by an idiot like ours is the USA and from where I am sat there is not a lot of difference between the two leaders. Are they related by stupidity?

I think many Brazilians would have something to say about this. Jair Bolsonaro is giving Trump and Johnson a run for their money.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1