9 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I haven't seen it but I bet it went something like this:

KS claps along as usual
Clapping ends
Cameraman A asks him to do it again so they can get a better shot
KS claps for a little bit, then asks "got what you need?"
Cameraman A says "great, thanks."
Meanwhile, Cameraman B records the exchange and releases cropped version to make him look bad

I dunno if this is how it went or not, honestly haven't seen it, but I do wish we could have some grown-up politics after years of Brexit bollox. The media in the UK isn't helping. If KS is naïve enough to be caught with his pants down, metaphorically of course, then he really has scored an own-goal because his PMQs have been great so far. Not earth-shatteringly great it has to be said, but grown-up, seen to be asking the right questions instead of trying to score points. If someone is deliberately misrepresenting how the exchange went, they really should be taken down a side-alley and given a good kicking. I'm not one for violence but there's a time for **** like this, and now isn't it.

That's probably what happened.  But don't be naive and let them trip you up. He should know! Now he's ballsed it up. 

1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Keir Starmer with a half arsed clap tonight abd then asking the cameraman of he'd got what he needed.  A pr disaster. 

I wouldn't say a disaster. The Tories can't use that with all that's going on. 

If they do they'll lose more and more votes for being so petty, when they should be focusing their attention on much more important matters. 

But in a normalish situation you're damn right. The Tories would have had a field day in the playground, I mean the house of commons. 

I hope he learns from this. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

32 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I wouldn't say a disaster. The Tories have can't use that with all that's going on. 

If they do they'll lose more and more votes for being so petty, when they should be focusing their attention on much more important matters. 

But in a normalish situation you're damn right. The Tories would have had a field day in the playground, I mean the house of commons. 

I hope he learns from this. 

To be honest Erik. The tories will use it. They have their social media influencers who will be making sure it goes viral sbd that it gets ingrained in your head. 

8 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

To be honest Erik. The tories will use it. They have their social media influencers who will be making sure it goes viral sbd that it gets ingrained in your head. 

Yep, and the turkeys will gobble it up!

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yep, and the turkeys will gobble it up!

Probably, but political spin, smear campaigns, manipulation of media and other kinds of 'foul play' have existed since the dawn of politics and all parties are equally guilty.

Personally I think Hoddie's version is most likely.

• Like 2

Lock down hospitals and care homes - make all staff sleep on the premises or stay in hotels with no outside contact.

Anyone diagnosed has to stay at home and none of the household go out for at least 4 weeks.

Over 60's and vulnerable continue staying at home with essential trips out same as now.

Just think we need to be more targeted.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Here is an interesting read for those who want to see a neutral view of how the government, in particular Mr Hancock, have coped so far.

Unfortunately I very much doubt that it is a neutral view. What we have seen is that there lacks a neutral view in almost everything these days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Unfortunately I very much doubt that it is a neutral view. What we have seen is that there lacks a neutral view in almost everything these days.

As far as it goes then the Health Service Journal ranks as one of the better sources of information as it tends to come direct from the clinical users rather than political spin. I posted it because it provides a good overview of where things have been lacking and communication is at the forefront of the list of issues.

Take last night's speech from Bojo, he says go back to work tomorrow, then we have Dominic Raab on today saying go back to work from Weds - which is it? One would hope that at least the senior cabinet members could read and sing from the same hymn sheet.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Solomon Grundy

Born on a Monday

Back to work Tuesday

In the countryside Wednesday

Socially distanced on Thursday

On holiday Friday

In quarantine Saturday

Died on Sunday

That was the end of Solomon Grundy

You should get the copyright for that, and then sell it to all the tabloids.... 

On 3/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, kit said:

Drank loads of Corona when I was young, so I must have built up some sort of immunity.

Did you grow up in Mexico? 

1 hour ago, Burnleynill said:

Did you grow up in Mexico? 

Once got a lift in a Ford Mexico

I think in his situation I would have done the same. But - and here's the thing - rather than just have him show some contrition and say sorry, there's been a concerted and deliberate attempt to say he didn't do anything wrong. He did. He broke the rules that millions have adhered to, some even missing funerals and not being able to go to hospital with loved ones, even kids. It's as though his ego is more important than the message. He contribution to BoJo is more important than the message.

Believe me, more people will die because of this situation. Sounds like hyperbole but it's not. As Piers Morgan said, if DC isn't held to account then many more people will assume the lockdown isn't as necessary as we've been led to believe, which will increase the numbers going out, increase the number of infections and increase the numbers admitted to hospital. It might be 1 extra, it might be 1,000s extra. All because of the ego of one man, and how reluctant the Prime Minister is to make him choose between himself and the country.

I am I the only one who is sick and tired of the media frenzy  over Dominic Cummins. Yes the guy shouldn't have done what he did and I can't  stand him but aren't there more important things than whether or not someone  should have driven to Durham. 

Perhaps the media should concentrate on somthing the government really have ballsed up like Dentistry. There are thousands in the country in agony with toothache and the guidelines are we can't  help you unless its a threat to life. One dentist even told a woman to fill her childs tooth with the wax rapper off a Baby Bell cheese. Were not a third world country  it needs sorting.