Just been to Tescos and some selfish idiot had a trolley full of hand sanitizer and soap and loo roll. 

I went over and said don't be so selfish, you need to leave some of that for other people and especially the elderly. 

He said that's all well and good but I work here. Can I carry on stacking the shelves now? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What is happening out there? went to Morrisons this morning and got caught in the idiots day out, trying to get to the soup shelf with two polite excuse me with this stupid man who just stared at me and did not move so I used my shoulder a bit like TJS which worked a treat, he turned round and said you pushed me to which I replied because you would not move, his stupid wife then called a Morrison assistant over saying I was looking for a fight with her husband and then walked off calling me a idiot.All the cheque outs were busy so I waited in the isle where a batch of loo roos were piled up, a little old lady was trying to get to them when idiot number two told her not to block the isle and pushed her trolley away, I saw red and told him did you leave your manners at home to which he said what's it got to do with you, I told him to go back to watching daytime tv and take a chill out pill.I thought the man in front would be my number 2 who had black tea shirt and tattoos on his neck if it come to a fight but said nowt, that was scary morning and will be glad to get back to the peace and quiet of the South Stand.

It’s official. The National League has suspended itself. Congrats Barrow for the time being, and everybody keep well.

9 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

It's full of nutters Funky. Silly idiots treating it like it's every man for themself and itake all too selfish.  

I've some time on my hands so if anybody elderly or who live on their own and can't get out due to self isolating need any help with shopping in the Mixenden, Ovenden, Wheatley, illingworth areas drop me a pm and I'd be happy to go do it for you. Teamwork is how we will get through this. 

Proud of you Icke. But if your expecting manners, they dont exist in normal times let alone now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

It's full of nutters Funky. Silly idiots treating it like it's every man for themself and itake all too selfish.  

I've some time on my hands so if anybody elderly or who live on their own and can't get out due to self isolating need any help with shopping in the Mixenden, Ovenden, Wheatley, illingworth areas drop me a pm and I'd be happy to go do it for you. Teamwork is how we will get through this. 

You´re a star.:)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Good man .

It's all very vague ,  it's more advising people what to do not telling them , need to be more specific , underlying health issues ???? Where is the list what is classed as underlying illness , they are leaving up to individuals to make their own decisions , who will ring in work sick with a cough for 2 weeks ?

Too many unanswered questions ...other countries are telling their citizens what to do , here they are talking in riddles..

3 minutes ago, monk said:

Good man .

It's all very vague ,  it's more advising people what to do not telling them , need to be more specific , underlying health issues ???? Where is the list what is classed as underlying illness , they are leaving up to individuals to make their own decisions , who will ring in work sick with a cough for 2 weeks ?

Too many unanswered questions ...other countries are telling their citizens what to do , here they are talking in riddles..

High blood pressure is one of them. After saturday mine was one of them. After DB went for a pee grinning his head off at full time was not the time to be looking happy.

3 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

High blood pressure is one of them. After saturday mine was one of them. After DB went for a pee grinning his head off at full time was not the time to be looking happy.

DB not worried about the finances of the club then . he probably knows what happens on the pitch is irrelevant now .

35 minutes ago, monk said:

DB not worried about the finances of the club then . he probably knows what happens on the pitch is irrelevant now .

Wouldn't go that far but the result should have wiped the smile off his face.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monk said:

Good man .

Diabetes, heart and lung conditions like asthma, angina, bronchitis. COPD, cancer and possibley things like HIV, depending on how healthy the person is. 

I'm OK age wise but I'm in the high risk bracket. 

I read a really interesting article today of a guy from Leeds who has had and hot rid of the virus. He was in a touring party that went to Italy. Some of the party were from Manchester but most of the group that were diagnosed went through a similar process as the chap by hat did the diary and after 13 days he feels fine. 

Two of the group fell quite badly ill though and one of the was early 20's which surprised me. 

The feeling I get is that it's a time thing. Even if you do fall badly ill and you're young the chances are you'll get through it with the help of a ventilator. Sadly. If you're old and you suffer from one of the illnesses mentioned then it's going to be touch and go whether you survive or not. 

Lots to consider. The financial implications to businesses and workers could be terrible and it could see people losing their jobs as well as being ill or having to look after a loved one. 

I wonder if they'll reintroduce rationing? 

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Diabetes, heart and lung conditions like asthma, angina, bronchitis. COPD, cancer and possibley things like HIV, depending on how healthy the person is. 

I read a really interesting article today of a guy from Leeds who has had and hot rid of the virus. He was in a touring party that went to Italy. Some of the party were from Manchester but most of the group that were diagnosed went through a similar process as the chap by hat did the diary and after 13 days he feels fine. 

Two of the group fell quite badly ill though and one of the was early 20's which surprised me. 

The feeling I get is that it's a time thing. Even if you do fall badly ill and you're young the chances are you'll get through it with the help of a ventilator. Sadly. If you're old and you suffer from one of the illnesses mentioned then it's going to be touch and go whether you survive or not. 

Lots to consider. The financial implications to businesses and workers could be terrible and it could see people losing their jobs as well as being ill or having to look after a loved one. 

Quite a few people suffer from the above conditions , the government says they need to shield themselves , so if you are diabetic the government want you to isolate for 12 weeks as if you pick up the virus it could be fatal .

It's all very vague , instead of saying if you have any of them then self isolate they are leaving up to us , same with pubs , restaurants , telling people not to go but not forcing them to shut , it's all about the money , it's a cop out imo , other countries are dealing with it much better.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, monk said:

Quite a few people suffer from the above conditions , the government says they need to shield themselves , so if you are diabetic the government want you to isolate for 12 weeks as if you pick up the virus it could be fatal .

It's all very vague , instead of saying if you have any of them then self isolate they are leaving up to us , same with pubs , restaurants , telling people not to go but not forcing them to shut , it's all about the money , it's a cop out imo , other countries are dealing with it much better.

I walked past an Italian restaurant in Leeds tonight and I was amazed at the amount of people sat eating dinner. 

Totally agree mate and our government should now be stepping in and tightening things up. 

If they want at risk people to self isolate then they should be helping people to do that. Food and medication should be dropped at their homes. That's when it's organised and put into place. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

One minute they are saying don't panic buy and the following day saying asthma sufferers like me (and others you mention above) will soon be asked to stay at home for 12 weeks!

6 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

One minute they are saying don't panic buy and the following day saying asthma sufferers like me (and others you mention above) will soon be asked to stay at home for 12 weeks!

And me too mate. I e already nearly died twice from asthma. I had two what they call near fatal attacks back in 2016. Since then they've upped their game and put me on better medication but it'll be a struggle if I get it. 

If you're a reasonable fit man other than your asthma the chances are you may be OK but there's still a risk you might need to be hospitalised. 

I read today that Jaguar Landrover ha e been asked to build ventators and hotels will have to give up rooms to potentially house ill people. 

Seems a long time ago when all we had to worry about was who should be in the team and would it be Plan A or Plan B when things were going pear ship so lets hope we all come through this and we can enjoy living the life we love and got used to.

I watched the press conference live on the internet as I am fed up of the spin the news media tries to put on everything.

The measures were explained and the details such as the illnesses that were most risky were said to be listed on the website.  It’s new ground for everyone everywhere in the world. There are no treatments no drugs and no vaccines available, bit tricky really. But of course some of you on here know best, but like it or not you are going to have to think for yourselves on how to protect yourself using the best advice at the time in a continually changing world wide tragedy. Life is changing for all of us.

• Like 1

Ive just read about a young Spanish football coach, 21, who has passed away from the virus. He had leukemia but didn't know he had it until he was hospitalised with Covid 19. 

Doctors have said that his leukemia hted his immune system and his ability to fight off the virus. 

As the hours go by I'm starting to take this more and more seriously. Good to see the government are starting to take a much more stricter approach and have banned people from pubs and restaurants, clubs and theatres. I can't help but think this should have been the case  before the weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Ive just read about a young Spanish football coach, 21, who has passed away from the virus. He had leukemia but didn't know he had it until he was hospitalised with Covid 19. 

Doctors have said that his leukemia hted his immune system and his ability to fight off the virus. 

As the hours go by I'm starting to take this more and more seriously. Good to see the government are starting to take a much more stricter approach and have banned people from pubs and restaurants, clubs and theatres. I can't help but think this should have been the case  before the weekend. 

They haven't banned them they have advised against going to them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I saw that about the young lad dying. The headlines all said 21yr old dies of virus and didn't mention his underlying health condition he had to start with. The media can twist things go and scaremonger. 

I've been blasé to it I admit but I'm starting get to take this a little more serious now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I saw that about the young lad dying. The headlines all said 21yr old dies of virus and didn't mention his underlying health condition he had to start with. The media can twist things go and scaremonger. 

I've been blasé to it I admit but I'm starting get to take this a little more serious now. 

Me too. I've been sat in the library for two hours today but I'm going to give it a miss tomorrow. I'm gonna try and stay in until my food runs out. Then hopefully buy enough until I get paid again. Then it's a case of probably buying plenty of tins and some frozen stuff and I'll maybe have to stay in for another week or so. 

I'll probably take it a week at a time. 

• Like 1