Could the virus be about to scupper our season? What's the likelihood of playing games behind closed doors? Would we survive financially along with many other clubs if this was to happen? Would playoffs be cancelled and promotion scrapped if games could not be fulfilled?

Thoughts!!

Think the guide is to stand a metre apart .. 

so plenty of room 

12 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Don't even go there with this thread. The more we all talk it up and overreact, the more it will happen! 

Ha ha, like it! Not sure it actually works that way though.

An average of 17,000 people die from the flu virus in the UK every year. There is never the same publicity over that fact. They must be fearing the Corona virus cannot be contained.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

An average of 17,000 people die from the flu virus in the UK every year. There is never the same publicity over that fact. They must be fearing the Corona virus cannot be contained.

That is the issue, its not contained and its out of the bag now. We have a common strain of flu, with a jab for vulnerable people. We now have another with nothing that is twice as contagious. However most cases of Covid-19 have far milder symptoms for healthy people. 

Coronavirus is not anything to worry about for most people. The only people who are really at risk are people who are susceptible to other infections anyway. Just wash your hands and don’t go around licking random people’s faces and you’ll be reet.

31 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Ha ha, like it! Not sure it actually works that way though.

Ah Chrisbo! I was starting to think you had emigrated because of Brexit, doom and gloom, job losses and all that, Nissan leaving thousands unemployed in Sunderland. Come back home please. Scaremongering was all it was.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/business/nissan-unveils-ps52m-investment-sunderland-factory-prepares-build-new-qashqai-2185063?fbclid=IwAR2nR4WO_k0jXU_8E9Rc5WFU7bfIqcZ3jkjgspV0Rxu8Q-t9O_Bp6jayqBc

Every flu and cold is a different strain to the last, the flu vaccine is a myth, it only vaccinates against 10% of flu's and only works so well because 99% of people don't get the flu . 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Im more concerned about our play off push

Same here 

fed up of the end of the world proficiencies 

my world ends for a few hours each Saturday when we lose... but then I am reborn as hopeful as ever 

Edited by Nick
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Same here 

fed up of the end of the world proficiencies 

my world ends for a few hours each Saturday when we lose... but then I am reborn as hopeful as ever 

You could be the head of a new cult, Born again Shaymen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Worried about the Corona virus? Here is some stats of worldwide deaths for 2017.

Cardiovascular diseases - 17.8 million
Cancers - 9.6 million
HIV/AIDS - 942,000
Malaria 620,000
Seasonal influenza epidemics - 290,000 to 650,000

Risk Factors:
High blood pressure - 10.4 million
Smoking - 7.1 million
High blood sugar - 6.53 million
Air pollution - 4.9 million
Obesity - 4.7 million

Road injuries - 1.24 million (3,400 per day)
Suicide - 800,000
Homicides - 464,000
Armed conflicts - 89,000

Sources: UNODC, WHO, the Global Health Data Exchange of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME)

Reuters

At the moment the media are reporting the worst case scenario, better being safe than sorry I suppose but it could also be a little over the top considering the above.

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Worried about the Corona virus? Here is some stats of worldwide deaths for 2017.

Cardiovascular diseases - 17.8 million
Cancers - 9.6 million
HIV/AIDS - 942,000
Malaria 620,000
Seasonal influenza epidemics - 290,000 to 650,000

Risk Factors:
High blood pressure - 10.4 million
Smoking - 7.1 million
High blood sugar - 6.53 million
Air pollution - 4.9 million
Obesity - 4.7 million

Road injuries - 1.24 million (3,400 per day)
Suicide - 800,000
Homicides - 464,000
Armed conflicts - 89,000

Sources: UNODC, WHO, the Global Health Data Exchange of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME)

Reuters

At the moment the media are reporting the worst case scenario, better being safe than sorry I suppose but it could also be a little over the top considering the above.

"every life comes with a death sentence" --Walter White 2008 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, park drive stand said:

"every life comes with a death sentence" --Walter White 2008 

It´s the only promise guaranteed not to be broken when you are born "one day you will die".

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

It´s the only promise guaranteed not to be broken when you are born "one day you will die".

Try not to think about it, enjoy today. :)

• Like 1

Just go about your normal everyday business and don't let 24 hour rolling news coverage scare you, it's only them and the newspapers with an easy ride filling airtime and columns. 

And I havent been influenced by Icke with such thoughts!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Just go about your normal everyday business and don't let 24 hour rolling news coverage scare you, it's only them and the newspapers with an easy ride filling airtime and columns. 

And I havent been influenced by Icke with such thoughts!  

Are you old enough to remember Icke?

Corona virus is a mere nothing compared to watching town for 60 plus years & risking the Skircoat bogs for over 50 of those:wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Are you old enough to remember Icke?

Not properly as a broadcaster on grandstand, but love his work, he's just absolutely puddled but also has some interesting theories. 

On the subject of Coronavirus, I think this is relateable to the Skircoat bogs. 

Screenshot_2020-03-07-10-34-08.png

• Haha 1

It becomes a lottery when players catch it. If we have three players out with it for a fortnight and our opponents don’t we lose games.